Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,711
Will Moab be 1 week or 2?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Oddometer: 138
Sorry, I missed the reply. If enough riders request it and commit, it could happen. The problem is people don't get onboard early enough. They don't realize these trips can't be done last minute. My time has to be arranged away from my business, when rooms are required they need to booked months in advance, and even the servicing of my rig requires planning. Moab is something I've always wanted to do but what I have not been able to do is get out there and do my homework. Hotels, food, and pre-riding are how I prepare my rides which is why I offered up the haul only concept so I could do my planning for an organized trip next year. One of my past years La B 2 V riders is collecting info on a pre-mapped 1000 mile Utah ride, now that could be a fun 2 week trip. My Colorado trip started off with great interest but as usual those that have said they are goig have yet to anty up! So those of you that want to do Colorado, get on the stick so I can make this happen!
ironbutt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

I notice on your website that the Colorado trip is posted Sign-Up for 2012 Closed! I am guessing once people see that they will not try to sign up.

I would be interested in hearing more details of the MOAB trip once you have something finalized. I don't really want a pre-planned trip with an itinerary for each day or stay in one spot for the entire trip.

rockinrog screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 07:00 PM
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Good point but I've been trying to light a fire under their pants. I'll readjust.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Colorado is on! We've got the minimum I need to get it off the ground but I would like to get a few more signed up! If youve been thinking about it, nows the time! www.TrailRideWith.Us
Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Bumpity bump
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Have you had any other interest in the MOAB trip? I have a buddy interested as well. How many do you need to make the trip?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Hey RockinRog, I've had the usual "Boy that would be cool" or the "I'll do that someday, but not this year" stuff but nothing like "Let's do it" comment. 6 at $750 would cover expenses so that would be the minimum. I'm concentrating on Colorado at the moment and that's a go but a few more would make it better. If you're central Pa, you've gotta be close so stop in and see me some time! www.ECShonda.com

Thanks.................Chuck
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #24
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Ok, this is really getting down to the wire. If you have an interest, please let me know.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Giving this a bump for any folks that have used ironbutts service in the past to comment or get some folks interested in some of his upcoming trips.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #26
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

side question---Chuck any word on when you will have the new crf250L?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Hey RockinRog, we haven't been able to order yet or recieved any details other than we're going to get it for 2013. My guess would be fall. I'll try to keep you up to date.
SeeYa............Chuck
Old 06-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
wvboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
WOW I wish I would have ran across this early enough to make plans to join in. It really looks like a great deal but I can't make it happen this year. I will definitely be watching next years schedule.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #29
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

I am still watching for the Moab trip. Just can't hold off too long to get the vacation scheduled etc. Keep us posted Chuck.
Have fun in Colorado.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #30
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

I just don't think I can pull it off unless we can get a bunch of guys that are willing to wing it. The tough part is getting into an airport thats close, and there isn't. Another rider from my Barstow trip has put together some info with a 1000 mile off road trip that would need to be tested to determine daily range for motels, gas, etc. It's not my typical trip to offer without having as many details in hand as possible. The only feasable plan is to fly into Salt Lake and take a train to Green River or pick up everybody in Denver and haul them there. If anybody out there knows the best way for a bunch of guys to fly in and ride the best stuff in a weeks time chime in! Maybe a guide?