User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #76
GeoMoto
FMAR Chump!

Oddometer: 743
What an awesome trip!!
Funny thing, I was driving from Utah to California and saw your rig with the trailer full of KTM's heading towards Utah. I remember thinking "Damn!....someone is having more fun then me this weekend!"

Great pics and great fun!!

-Jesse

GeoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #77
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post

Looks like a great group!

Enjoying the RR, you guys - fun stuff, hearing the story from each rider.
Fantastic pics, too.

looking forward to more...
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #78
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,180
The riders...

Day three, on our way to Sublime Point on the North Rim, Kaibab Plateau and forest. This is a beautiful area.

Riddler990 on his KTM 950 Super Enduro. And I think I missed RRuugger following behind on his KTM 950 Super Enduro.

Loner on his KTM 950 Super Enduro

Stu Cazzo on his KTM 640 Adventure Enduro

H8chains on his KTM 640 Enduro

M1Jeep on his Suzuki DR650

FYYFF on his KTM 990 Adventure

Buster714 on his BMW F800GS

TBarstow on his BMW G650X

And since I snapped everybody as they went by there was no one to take mine. However Rich got this one later.

Browneye on his Husqvarna TE630

Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #79
FYYFF OP
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,865
Day 3

Day 3 of our Grand Canyon Ride was the best riding I had so far. Beautiful forest 2-track, with some occasional hill climbs, rocks, sand, and rocky hill climbs. Also the best Grand Canyon Vista, Sublime Point...
Getting ready for Day 3 at Indian Hallow Campground.

Aram ready for Day 3

Amazing weather and ride

Aram coming at me

Feels like Big Bear Bash

At this point we are about 7-8K ft high and the temperatures are perfect. Wide fast dirt road. Couldn't ask for more...

This is the sand trap that got me and Joel. Aram takes the right line.

And some random GC pictures

From my GoPro cam.

Rich

Joel

And me

My camera's battery died on me today so I dont have too many pictures at North Rim. There is a great lodge right at the edge with a magnificent view. We had sandwiches for lunch, get some souvenirs for the loved ones, gassed and watered up and head to our 3rd camp ground Lees Ferry.

I have videos of our forest ride, hill climbs and some XXX pictures of certain individuals. If there is no copyright problems, I'll post them as well.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #80
FYYFF OP
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,865
Here is Indian Hallow Campground video. Just a walk around the campground.

Other videos are on the way...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #81
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Day three, on our way to Sublime Point on the North Rim, Kaibab Plateau and forest. This is a beautiful area.

Browneye on his Husqvarna TE630

Geez Chris, can't really tell. Is there a Husky under all that stuff?

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #82
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Day 3 of our Grand Canyon Ride was the best riding I had so far. Beautiful forest 2-track, with some occasional hill climbs, rocks, sand, and rocky hill climbs. Also the best Grand Canyon Vista, Sublime Point...
At this point we are about 7-8K ft high and the temperatures are perfect. Wide fast dirt road. Couldn't ask for more...

And some random GC pictures

From my GoPro cam.

day 3 was the best one for me too!

like ersin described it, it was a mix of various terrains. lots of moderate hill climbs, 2 tracks, forest riding, wide open dirt roads, open meadows, sand, roots, canyon pavement, etc. and all have astonising views.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #83
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
This is the sand trap that got me and Joel. Aram takes the right line.

hahaha, i will never forget that section. we were all doing a good pace and as we enter the blind corner...surprise...

ersin was just kidding; aram actually lost control of the bike and he ended up on the grass. no deliverate cross country riding or intentional off roading here.

hard to mess around on this trip, 10 cameras everywhere...hehe.

NSFW screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 01:32 PM
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #84
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Laugh

Day 3 already!!! Dang, I better hurry and catch up!!

Nice reports, pics and vids fellas!! Keep it coming.
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #85
rckt grl
Sportbike Addict

Oddometer: 81
This is a dream trip for me! Thanks for sharing your stories and photos.
rckt grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #86
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,180
The Sand Pit

I was bombing along as usual, burnin' it up pretty good and whoa, huge sand pit through a sweeper corner. I got three quarters of the way through, started a tank slapper, and it finally pitched me off. Went flying over the bars and landed on my shoulder in the grass. I heard something crunch a little, not sure if it was my neck, back, or shoulder. It still has a little twinge even today. Nothing major though.

I was sure this was going to swallow a few of them so I laid in wait with my camera. They did not disappoint.

After awhile they started coming through and I kept motioning them to stay over in the right track, it wasn't nearly so bad. Riddler went through with a 15' sand rooster tail behind him.

Ersin was first...

Rich got mostly through and then got stopped and helped Ersin pick up. I would have but was some distance around the corner now motioning to the following riders.

Next down was Joel, helped him pick his up. Joel was a little more spectacular...tank slapper, then up over the shoulder berm, and bam...

Paul got bounced up over the shoulder too.

We had just left Sublime Point, way out to the edge of the Kaibab Plateau, right out into the Grand Canyon in a point. This place is said to have the best views of the canyon in the entire park. It did not disappoint. About 300 degrees of view.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #87
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Ersin was first...

Next down was Joel, helped him pick his up. Joel was a little more spectacular...tank slapper, then up over the shoulder berm, and bam...

]
damn it, i didn't even make it as far as ersin's crash landing spot.....

chris, saw you standing on the outside corner and motioning me to stay on the inside. thanks you were there or else i would had ran onto rich or ersin.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #88
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.

Oddometer: 520
OK, I'm way late on this, but here goes. Day 1

View from the Bar Ten lawn.

I didn't take a ton of picts, these are from Toroweap Campground.

BROWNEYE.

DAY 2 view from my tent.

Heading out to the overlook.

ARAM and M1.

M1.

LOVE THIS BIKE!

ARAM.

POSTER IMAGE FOR LESS TALKIN', MORE ROCKIN'.

RRUUGGER.

PYYPP.

RRUUGGER.

BROWNEYE.

On the way to Indian Hollow campground, Rruugger, Joel and myself found a "shortcut" in the woods. We came upon this fallen tree that we were just able to skirt under, the rest of the trail was super fun. At times it completely disappeared, as there hadn't been any traffic on this trail for what looked like a few years.

Do you see a trail here?

more to come......................
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #89
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Wink Day 1

Whew! I'm all caught up with homework and am now posting my ride report!

Well let's see...where do I begin?

I couldn't make this trip last year due to a prior obligation but I made damn sure I could do it this year. This ride certainly did not disappoint. We had a mix of terrain - loose rocks, sand, silt, and hard pack. The company was great - Jon, John, Paul, Ersin, Chris, Aram, Frank, Joel, and Tim.

Day 1 was the toughest. It all began within the first hour of our departure.

We fueled up and headed for them thar hills...

The rocks were loose and the climb was steep. This combo made for a loooong 17-miles

During a break I snapped a few pics.

Ersin (FYYFF):

Joel (h8chains):

I continued to chug along, turned a corner and came across this. Ersin skiing through the rock garden:

I didn't snap many photos of the Elbow Canyon Jeep trail. Once I got to the top I heard a bike coming up. Paul has a BIG smile after conquering the trail

Ersin made it up not too long before us and was chillaxing on his strange butterfly balancing chair:

Aram:

Tim:

Joel was so spent he couldn't ride up any further so Tim was kind enough to ride it up for him. Joel said, "...puck this, I'm walking" and walked up to the top:

Onwards to the Bar 10 Ranch!

The roads from here on out were so plush with scenery it was amazing.

In the middle of nowhere Ersin got a rear flat. It couldn't of happened at a more scenic location.

While hanging out and waiting for Ersin to finish his tire a truck of these dudes asked us if everything was OK. Tim replied, "Yes". The guys said, "Are you sure?". Tim said, "Got any beer?" The dude, "Yeah! I have 3 ice cold ones you can have." Awesome! This beer certainly hit the spot. I went to my tank bag, grabbed a cigarillo especial and shared it with these guys. They were so stoked, they went to the truck, grabbed one of those aluminum hiking bottles and offered us a drink. "You guys drink fire water before?" Home made vodka! Another treat in the middle of f-ing nowhere. Niiiiice!

After Ersin's tire was buttoned up, we continued down the trail to the Bar 10 Ranch where Jon, John, and Chris were patiently waiting:

The lady making sandwiches came outside where we were all hanging out and announced she will be serving dinner soon so we better come on in and have our lunch. So we did

The kitchen staff:

After lunch Ersin got the wi-fi password from the staff, logged into whereamiriding.com and searched for Joel. The roads out here aren't marked well so Ersin switched to satellite view and got some help from the fine and helpful Bar 10 Ranch staff:

Hanging out waiting for Paul & Joel:

Behind the ranch looking towards the air strip and the Grand Canyon:

Aram:

It was determined that Joel and Paul have been waiting at the old schoolhouse for the last 30-min. "...maybe they have decided not to come to the Bar 10 and are simply waiting for us?"'

We all fueled up down the road where the fuel tank was located near a horse corral. Afterwards we went back to the ranch to pay and low and behold there was Joel and Paul! Tired and hungry!

After they ate and fueled up, we hit the road to our camp for the night - Toroweap:

It was dusk when we arrived at camp so I didn't snap any photos. The next morning after breakfast we did a little exploring. This place was the most majestic camp ever. A smooth faced rock barren plain as Tim put it It was absolutely beautiful here. Just a short 15-min hike away is the canyon's edge...breathtaking!

Chris:

John & Frank:

Paul:

Aram:

Tim:

Joel:

Ersin:

Tim:

Jon taking in the view:

Chris & Frank:

And that's pretty much the end of Day 1 up to the morning of day 2.

Day 2 is coming up next...
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON

M1Jeep screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 04:31 PM
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #90
Ford_Prefect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
Joel letting the bike get some rest. This was a fun hill. I'm glad Chris didn't bring the Versys.

I like this one the best...

That is to say that I think this one best illustrates how hard that trail is, and what kind of verticle climb you were looking at. All of the other shots of the day looked like a fairly flat dirt road. This one shows why it might have been a bit of a struggle for some of yall. Plus I enjoy the... shall we say Expansive... nature of the photo. It really feels like you could just spread your wings and take flight from the photographers vantage point. I love it!

Great RR yall, I am looking forward to following this one to its completion.

Regards,
Brian

Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote