Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #226
bloodandmotoroil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
never had a problem with them.. they are all usualy pretty good people, some you don't want to fuck with,
but the same asshole that'd paint the wall with your brains if you fucked with him would give you a ride
to the gas station. so show em respect and it might save your hide.
bloodandmotoroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #227
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodandmotoroil View Post
never had a problem with them.. they are all usualy pretty good people,...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #228
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodandmotoroil View Post
never had a problem with them.. they are all usualy pretty good people, some you don't want to fuck with,
but the same asshole that'd paint the wall with your brains if you fucked with him would give you a ride
to the gas station. so show em respect and it might save your hide.
I can't believe this, respect these scumbags?
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #229
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,769
The word respect has a different meaning when you meet them. You follow their rules for respect and you have no problem. That is what it means.

You don't start nothing, do not show any sign of intolerance for their activities, no matter how illegeal or disgusting they are, and you can interact on a very limited basis with them. It is a pack mentality, you go after one, and petty soon you have the entire gang after you.

You see one broke down, and do not stop, and they will not care, they have already called a brother for help. If you stop, help if you can, and leave if asked.

Now if a Prospect decides to mess with you to prove how tough he is, then you got a problem. So best to not associate with them.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #230
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB View Post
Careful. Some of them are pretty good guys.

I used to think like you until I befriended an Outlaw. He invited me to come to the clubhouse one Friday night. Now, I'm not scared of much, but I did have visions of me tied to a tree while they wheeled my bike off into the garage laughing.

What actually happened was we played poker. And wouldn't you know, I had a massive winning streak. As my total mounted, I became a little concerned that I wouldn't be leaving with the booty. Or maybe I wouldn't be leaving at all. I kept taking thier money and they kept laughing about it... kinda like in the movies where the bad guy makes you feel all safe and happy before he gets out the chainsaw.

In fact, they were great guys. I went back several more times and rode with them a few times. We had a lot of laughs, and nothing criminal ever happened. In fact, I remember helping one of thier 6 year old daughters with her homework out by the bonfire. Some of them may be criminals, but some of them are just fun loving guys with a code of ethics that's long gone from most of the people in this country. If/when the fecal matter hits the oscillating blades, I'd feel much better being with these guys than many of my neighbors, or even some of the local cops.

Az
Excellent post!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #231
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussijussi View Post
I can't believe this, respect these scumbags?

Yeah some people seem to romanticize these guys for some reason, just another street gang slinging dope and broads.

Quote:
The word respect has a different meaning when you meet them. You follow their rules for respect and you have no problem. That is what it means.

You don't start nothing, do not show any sign of intolerance for their activities, no matter how illegeal or disgusting they are, and you can interact on a very limited basis with them. It is a pack mentality, you go after one, and petty soon you have the entire gang after you.
Pretty much sums up every gang out there.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #232
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
Yeah some people seem to romanticize these guys for some reason, just another street gang slinging dope and broads.

Pretty much sums up every gang out there.

Agreed. It's not respect for them,,,,it's respect for what they can do to you if you cross them,,,a huge difference among true men.
My dear departed dad used to hang with them, not as an Angel, or even an associate, just a good buddy of an Angel who ended up drinking with them alot. I was invited a few times to one of the big clubhouses for a sip after I offered to fix this guy's muscle car which was parked at the club house. I showed up on my Norton once which caused a positive response and stories of the old days,,,,I seriously think showing up on a Jap bike would have been the last time I was asked to come around.
I stopped going there when I noticed there were cars starting to hang out down my street about time I'd come home. Soon after that, one of our business contracts repairing construction [ a certain municipal police force headquarters] put me on the no entry list, never a reason given. I quickly put 2 n 2 together, I was being watched by Mr. popo. Stopped that habit right away. That was 20 yrs ago,,,all 'clear' now.

Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #233
luxlogs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
The way to show a HA that you are cool even though you ride a BMW. Carry a 9/16th in your tool roll just for them.
82 R65LS
92 R100GS
luxlogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #234
Mudcat
Unregistered

Oddometer: 4,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlogs View Post
The way to show a HA that you are cool even though you ride a BMW. .
Oh thanks, that is something I really care about.

It seems to me these gangs use the trappings of a motorcyclist to intimidate and bully. They are hard to respect.
However I have stopped to help a broken down Nazi helmet wearing HD chopper rider. He was most appreciative.
Untill I'm ready
Mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #235
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Oh thanks, that is something I really care about.

It seems to me these gangs use the trappings of a motorcyclist to intimidate and bully. They are hard to respect.
However I have stopped to help a broken down Nazi helmet wearing HD chopper rider. He was most appreciative.
Crazy little thing called love
dada da da
couldn't resist....

Its funny, but being a woman can be an advantage with patched clubs. As long as you're not one of "their" women they're pretty darn nice and polite. Once I was looking vainly for a parking space and there was one spot next to a Harley in one parking space in a group of about 30 - I waved to one of them and they waved for me to take the spot. Looked pretty funny - my itty bitty Rebel in the Harleys I knew nobody would mess with my bags while I was parked there and went in the store!
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #236
CafeRacer99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
We are selling raffle tickets to raise money for my father-in-law, who has cancer. The prize is a Harley dontated by my wife's cousin. All blinged out, of course.

So we set up a booth at a biker event in North Phoenix this past spring. I thought we'd sell a lot of tickets.

The Angels set up a booth two down from us selling t-shirts and other logo stuff. I thought it was pretty amusing that this club known for bad-assery was now selling t-shirts. Sonny Barger showed up for a while. This got my hopes up for selling tickets because I thought it would draw a big crowd.

No. We sold 15 tickets all day. Apparently $25 per ticket is a lot of money for that crowd. Also, a lot of people who came by said "I already got a bike." That means you've reached your limit? lol.

A couple of Angels came by the booth. They were normal, at least in that setting.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #237
nwdub
Banned

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlogs View Post
The way to show a HA that you are cool even though you ride a BMW. Carry a 9/16th in your tool roll just for them.
same as 14mm ;)
nwdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #238
nwdub
Banned

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer99 View Post
We are selling raffle tickets to raise money for my father-in-law, who has cancer. The prize is a Harley dontated by my wife's cousin. All blinged out, of course.

So we set up a booth at a biker event in North Phoenix this past spring. I thought we'd sell a lot of tickets.

The Angels set up a booth two down from us selling t-shirts and other logo stuff. I thought it was pretty amusing that this club known for bad-assery was now selling t-shirts. Sonny Barger showed up for a while. This got my hopes up for selling tickets because I thought it would draw a big crowd.

No. We sold 15 tickets all day. Apparently $25 per ticket is a lot of money for that crowd. Also, a lot of people who came by said "I already got a bike." That means you've reached your limit? lol.

A couple of Angels came by the booth. They were normal, at least in that setting.

PM me details if you're still selling them - I'm broke but I'll still buy one or two.
nwdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #239
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdub View Post
PM me details if you're still selling them - I'm broke but I'll still buy one or two.
Not to hijack the thread but I would too...
Old 06-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #240
mjydrafter
evil boy for life

Oddometer: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyprimate View Post
I call bullshit NO KLR owner rides 50 miles to pay dealer retail for oil and filter when there is a NAPA in every town
True enough, but a thrifty (cheapass) KLR owner knows that Harley will sell you a CVK40 carb slide for about half of what Kawi will.

Which is really surprising looking at all the overpriced shit at a HD dealership.

I have an acquaintance here at work that used to ride with the Outlaws, he's weird as hell, but a pretty good guy.
Yes! Whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by International Communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

mjydrafter screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 12:33 PM
mjydrafter is offline   Reply With Quote