Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #961
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Oddometer: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Kristen scott Thomas is coming over here???
Kate Beckinsale surely.

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #962
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
Kate Beckinsale surely.
Hang on gotta google her - not up to date with these young women...

mmmmm she was hot in Laurel canyon. i'd rather have HBC tho. Mmmmmm kissy kissy
Padmei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #963
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
I can get you a girl with bigger jugs...
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #964
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Wait until you ride an R100 & see the difference. 10hp makes a reasonable proportionate difference. You'll want a boost then. Why do you think people look at the 1000cc Seibenrock upgrade.

The po of the barrels got a seibenrock kit because the cylinder has a "B" stamped on it which i believe means it is already oversized(?) & I tihnk the price difference wasn't a lot different. That would explain why it had a hi comp piston. At this stage I don't think I need any more power- I have a hard time using what I have already.

But if you want to swap final drives to get a more relaxed ride I would be keen on that - I want the lower gearing that makes up the perceived power difference on Schmidty.

Not sure what you mean? Is your final drive on Gus different from Schmidts? If any thing I would like a lower 1st for tech stuff.

Don't do it. Heaps of issues there. You would get an 849cc BUT because the barrels are shorter (go on, measure them) the pushrod tubes & pushrod wouldn't fit. This is what Rooney has done to get his Rally bike (with a bit of magic machining).
I'm only throwing things out there - if the parts are good I wouldn't bother blowing them up. i know the 65 barrels are shorter by heaps- when i get them back I'll take a comparison pic, however it would be interesting to glue them together & see where oil squirts out from. Surely the 100 pushrods would fit with the 100barrel glued to the case- i can't see why not. Rooney - pah what's he done that hasn't already been done at Scmidtworx?

I'm fairly sure they are the same. Check the Motobins site.
I'm prettty sure they are too as up to 80 the 100 & 65 were different however from 81 there is just one size listed which idicates to me that from then on only the barrels, conrods, heads & valves etc were different. It's jst when I took the clutch out to look at it it seemed tiny - maybe Schmidts one was too but i can't recall
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #965
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis View Post
I can get you a girl with bigger jugs...
Wink wink- waiting to hear back abpout a couple of things
Old 06-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #966
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

The Bevel Box on the R100GS is 34/11 (3.090), the R80GS is 32/10 (3.40) - shorter.

You'd need to have the barrels shortened to use the R100 jugs on the R65. The crankshaft is different. The headers are 35mm so smaller (but you've just replaced those?). The heads would also be an issue.

It would be more economic (but probably not as interesting) to find an R80 or R100 short block.

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 02:54 AM
Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #967
Voltaire
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
The Bevel Box on the R100GS is 34/11 (3.090), the R80GS is 32/10 (3.40) - shorter.

You'd need to have the barrels shortened to use the R100 jugs on the R65. The crankshaft is different. The headers are 35mm so smaller (but you've just replaced those?). The heads would also be an issue.

It would be more economic (but probably not as interesting) to find an R80 or R100 short block.
I had an R100 and R65 engine on the bench a few years back seeing what would fit what. The R65 is pretty much unique....the bigger motor is the way forward but as you say not as interesting.....
I run an R90s FD on the racer 3.0:1...and a 3.4 which would suit Taupo as well as a 2.91:1 for Puke...but I don't have the power to pull it....oh well.
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #968
Padmei OP
enamoured

Do you guys use ebay much? I must be looking at the wrong places as there doesn't seem to be as many parts around as I thought there would be. Also soem of the prices in the States are bloody excessive Makes me want to break my bikes up & sell them for parts over there.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #969
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

I have used eBay for a grand total of one purchase. The only reason that was fraught was because the incorrect paypal a/c had been linked to the vendors a/c. That said I will be purchasing more stuff.

Try the UK & Germany.

I look at motorcycle parts, used, & specify R100 etc, to try to cut down the crap shown. There is a lot of rubbish out there, so you need to think about what you are doing, & how much it's going to cost to get here. For most second hand parts I'd still likely buy via Motobins or Motorworks - at least they guarantee the parts.

To get the exhaust here I used Parcel2Go. I did it all through the net. They subcontracted Fedex (at cheaper than prices I could get), picked up, & delivered in 6 days (albeit it was expensive).

If you are going to buy thru a private vendor, check with buyer that he happy to deal with NZ. Some are nervous of scams.

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 02:20 AM
Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #970
Padmei OP
enamoured

Thanks Nutso that UK site is far more reasonable & tempting :). I saw a set of r65 forks complete for $220US - bloody expensive. I'm glad you sorted that issue out with your pipes. It is a good remiinder to double check the buyers accounts etc before sending money over etc.
You get your box sorted?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #971
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

The RS box & heavy flywheel are in Gus for an indeterminate future. The RS gearbox had just been rebuilt, but not run yet. Still haven't ridden it in Gus as yet.

Down with the flu at the mo.

The exhaust has been test fitted to the bike & fired up, but was missing a couple of clamps (got those now) & needs some work to fit properly.

Been looking at some Andrew Sexton flowed heads & a rebuilt gearbox with the higher 5th on Fleabay - all from an abandonded project - but the guy isn't interested in foreign purchasers. And Mandy would blow a gasket. Actually the second point is more important. She doesn't know about the exhaust yet...

Old 06-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #972
Padmei OP
enamoured

I was looking at the gearbox but havent seen the heads - I'll check those out now.
I'm lucky that Bec just sees the piles of bits everywhere- i just keep shifting them - not that she worries about it- she knows what i'm like if I haven't got a project
Old 06-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #973
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Here's those heads. Andrew Sexton has a very good name for making very fast airheads.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #974
Voltaire
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
I've bought stuff off Ebay this year, R100 crank/rods, 1.91 final drive, big port r100 heads for 40mm carbs....post was high but cheaper than buying here....if you could find them...
Was planning a R100 with Moorepeed pistons but have cooled on whole 1000cc idea....
Not sure on heads now....been reading a looooong thread on a Norton forum where he tests heads on a flow bench and post up the curves. Sounds like smaller ports are better with higher velocity.....but the BMW ports are flawed by having the inlets turn back in .....air don't like corners ( I'm assuming).....still Jim Cray has had success with r80 heads on R100's....I haven't seen much on BMW heads, mainly British ones.
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #975
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Here's those heads[/URL]. Andrew Sexton has a very good name for making very fast airheads.
Remember Gus is an adventure bike, not a street racer. Bunging go fast modified bits onto him may change the engine characteristics in a way thats detrimental to what makes an airhead a good ADV bike.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote