Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
cynicwanderer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Vintage guy on Vintage Enduro

My brother and I spent a lot of my youth on various motorcycles. I learned to ride on a little 50cc and rode almost every day in the fields around our home in southern indiana, later I rode my dad's streetbike. In college my brother and I rode some hare scrambles, and then life took over (marriage, work, kids, bills, etc...). I still rode occasionally, until I had to sell my bikes before/during my divorce. my ex was never fond of me riding bikes.

about 4 years ago, I decided to get back into riding and picked up a '85 XL600R, which fueled my new re-discovered addiction. I have been riding the XL600R all over, including some single track at various OHV areas in the area.I also met a riding buddy, who has the same addiction as I do and we had been itching to get back into some kind of racing as well. this winter I got a '84 xr350r from another friend, and this spring my buddy got himself a kdx200.

I got the bike ready, tuning the suspension at the nearest OHV park, and added a Honda Enduro computer.

of course, there were some setbacks...like this "over the handle get off"

but overall everything was coming togther. Finally, a cheap roll chart holder...

and I'm off to my first Enduro...
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote