Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #16
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvershtukas View Post
Here they are, if this is what you mean. As see, the cover is in normal position, it closes without any additional tension or stretch, the bolt goes right into the whole. So the sides of the lower plastic are too low.

My 04 is perfect.... Are you sure you have the rubber bushings on the top mounts. There is one from the top and one from the bottom. The gap looks to be about what the thicknes of the busshing would be.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
kulvershtukas OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
My 04 is perfect.... Are you sure you have the rubber bushings on the top mounts. There is one from the top and one from the bottom. The gap looks to be about what the thicknes of the busshing would be.
Could you, please, do the picture of yours? If do understand you right, i dont have them.
kulvershtukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,623
Yeah, I'd kinda like to see this too! I've never seen any bushings on mine...but then a former owner was a hardware butcher, so anything's possible. I have had to fix more rounded, stripped, hacked hardware on this bike...amazing.

Hay...here's a tip: When using a tank bag, I take this cover off. The bag sits a little lower and is more stable. Of course, there's nothing in the box at the time, but...yeah.

/hijack
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #19
kulvershtukas OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Yeah, I'd kinda like to see this too! I've never seen any bushings on mine...but then a former owner was a hardware butcher, so anything's possible. I have had to fix more rounded, stripped, hacked hardware on this bike...amazing.

Hay...here's a tip: When using a tank bag, I take this cover off. The bag sits a little lower and is more stable. Of course, there's nothing in the box at the time, but...yeah.

/hijack
Thanks, man. Previous owner of mine katoom was a handy guy as well =))) strange is that he did not care about important things, such as bended front wheel that caused shaking, but some minor details, such as orange bolts and caps, were changed immediately even after a small scratch =)
kulvershtukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 805
My 2004 950 fits tite

the problem would have to be with the storage box bottom part , #60 in the picture
the storage box top part #64, flexes to fit the bottom #60
#60 determines the location of #64
my storage box bottom part is precisely 180mm between the center of top part mounting screw holes at the widest part

if you were to stuff something between the fuel tank and the storage box bottom, it will push the outer seal on the box upper back into position

my guess is that this happened from carrying a very heavy tank bag which distorted the box bottom

#60 is $20 USD

Dustodust screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 04:12 PM
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #21
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuncloud View Post
My gaps are fine but yesterday while getting ready for my big trip the locking Gizmo left town without me so not I do not have a way to hold the clip in place? Any ideas?
Duct tape, then order one to pico up on trip
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,044
Sorry I haven't been following this thread over the past couple days. My bike is in pieces but I can post a pice when I get it back together.

In the diagram in post #20 above. The bushings are #15 each mounting point has one from the inside and one from the outside. If the inner/lower one is missing from the top mounts the front of the tanks would be lower creating the gap.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote