User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 237 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1351
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,514
I second the motion on the Churchill ruling the game right now. I just lost a Dragon Ridge battle, 11-15, but came away with 1000 xp and 62,000 credits. 1 kill and half a dozen damaged. Holy shit.

I'm running the rammer, camo net, and binocs on mine, I like the "heavy scout" role sometimes, and getting a half dozen shots before they know where you are is always fun for me.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #1352
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Pretty sad when I can't even enjoy the game because MM keeps grouping me with a bunch of looser campers with untrained crews. For the morning, I'm 3-14. In most of the losses, my team hasn't even had a chance.
Nothing more frustrating than a lame team, I kill 1/2 enemy team... still lost:

Cat0020 screwed with this post 06-17-2012 at 03:40 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #1353
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,233
Had an opposing player commend me on my scouting tonight after I took out his scout then both his arty. That's a first for me as my 13-75 driving could use some work.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #1354
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Had an opposing player commend me on my scouting tonight after I took out his scout then both his arty. That's a first for me as my 13-75 driving could use some work.
I had the very, very rare game yesterday where my 13 75 was in the top tier... lol. The opposing team didn't stand a chance.

Otherwise, I'm running into the politics of joining a clan. Sure, i like being nice to everyone, and saying "Hi," listening to mis-information and such about tanks in the game (usually by players who like to run, or wan to own, an E-100...), and what-not, but...

Being expected to platoon up with clan mates who don't know how to play isn't why I was so choosy about joining a clan in the first place. I really don't mind taking the same amount of time in a training room with them to help them progress, so it isn't that I don't want to help them...

But then there's the 'other' part... I'm not sure if this is a unique situation or what, but my clan is very good friends with another clan. We all use the same TeamSpeak channel, and twice now I've been given the login info for accounts that are in the other clan. Their problem, and what will be my clan's problem when we get into it, is one of having enough people online to fight in a clan war. I have no problem with using someone else's account, lol, but I really don't want to give up mine with the gold, the tier ten tanks, and various crews with training options that I don't really want noobs screwing with. But in the desperation of joining clan wars but then not having enough people, such is the situation we're being asked - that is, to volunteer our accounts when we're not online.

Am I being too selfish?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 06-18-2012 at 01:04 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #1355
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 288
Anyone have any idea when the new tanks are coming on line? I'm trying to grind out a T95 TD before then...sigh.
Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #1356
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechsix View Post
Anyone have any idea when the new tanks are coming on line? I'm trying to grind out a T95 TD before then...sigh.
Right now, no date is published for 7.4 (French arty and TD's), but word is it's already live on the RU server, so it might come out tomorrow. If not, it should be out by 6/26. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Brit tree appear in 7.5 and the Tier 10 meds and TD's in 7.6, but there is no info out on that at all, other than that they're coming. We still don't have any clue when the physics patch is coming either.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #1357
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Am I being too selfish?
Not no but hell no.

If they asked me for my account info I would tell them to pound sand...and my highest tank is a 6....but I have like 4 crews at 100% working on their first perk...some in tanks like an H35 and Pz III....I don't want anyone screwing with that.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #1358
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Am I being too selfish?
It's my account, nobody else plays it, period, end of story, full stop. It's my gold, my tanks that I earned. Nobody else gets access to screw up my win rate.....I'm plenty good at doing that myself.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #1359
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
It's my account, nobody else plays it, period, end of story, full stop. It's my gold, my tanks that I earned. Nobody else gets access to screw up my win rate.....I'm plenty good at doing that myself.
I will let my son play under my account, but he knows not to buy anything but ammo and spend money to fix tanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #1360
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

How's this for irony.....yesterday ended up 9-26 with 3 survived for a total of 3009 battles played, 1003 battles survived. I've decided to quit caring because I'm sure the new battle modes in 7.4 are going to cause even more chaos than school getting out did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I will let my son play under my account, but he knows not to buy anything but ammo and spend money to fix tanks.
That's different.....I'd let my son play my account (he has his own) but allowing a complete stranger have access to an account that I've poured cash money into isn't happening.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #1361
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,563
I was too busy trying to ride my dirtbikes up ski hills this weekend to get many games in. I was reaping the Churchill payments though. I let my youngest play the Churchill too as most everyone else inthe game just plain sucked, so one more sucky player couldn't hurt.

I'm grinding away to try to get the Pershing elited. Everything is researched except the Patton. I also promised teh missus I wouldn't spend any money on the game. So that means I have to play for a long time before I can upgrade any vehicles.

I was surpried at how many medals and awards I have in my tanks. I never really looked before. I just log in, drive around and blow stuff up.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #1362
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Got my IS-3 last night. That is one expensive fucker to run, and without the top gun, fires rubber bullets. Time to grind with the Churchill some more...
Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #1363
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
No way would I hand my account over to anyone. That's just asking for trouble. I'd be surprised if it wasn't against some rule or another too.

Being new to the clan thing, I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
Apparently the was a recent purge of idiots and non players so that may explain why my experience has been mostly positive so far.
It's nice to be able to platoon if I want, but I quit feeling like I HAD to platoon up if invited pretty quickly. Most of my Clan platooning exp has been good.
I only ran into one idiot. He kept choosing tanks 3-4 tiers below what was was being run and was trying to give crappy advice. Maybe he saw that I don't have a heavy and assumed I was a noob or something. Or maybe he's a 12yo and normal.
(it wasn't Cat0020. He's fun to platoon with.)

Tank companies look like they could be fun if you have an experience and good commander. So far I've only been in one, and the commander kept wanting to "try something". We lost every battle. Maybe next time.

So far the clan I'm in seems pretty laid back. The goal is to join Clan wars, but there doesn't seem to be any pressure. They are going to join a tourney, but when I let them know I didn't have any tanks in the correct tier, it was no big deal.
NOMADS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #1364
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I think that the clan thing would be fun to try, but I don't know. Do you have to be prem to join one?

It does sound like a lot of fun, but every thing I look into says you have to have a high tier tank to play.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #1365
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Costs some gold. I may just set one up for us ADV'ers, just so you can have the [FYYFF] next to your name.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: