Old 06-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #15616
geezfools
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphantscrambler View Post
The bars are pro taper CR-HI
S.E. 7/8
That's what I rode on my last CR, loved them, wasn't sure how it would translate over to the triumph. I was looking at the pastrana FMX as well, just because they were a little taller than the CR's, but those look awfully nice on your bike!
geezfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #15617
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Sissy bar

Does anyone know if you can run the triumph city bag and the low sissy bar concurrently? I can't tell for, the pics if the dresser bar for the backrest will interfere with the connection straps of the city bag...

BTW, got my new Hagons on today. I'm gonna try try some two up tomorrow if the weather holds up.
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #15618
tvscum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Upsidedown forks

I emailed LSL and asked how much these forks cost. Here was the response:

Cost for the parts Öhlins fork FG 43 with triple tree, adapter for the caliper and axle is 2.899,15 € plus tax.
Set is a bolt-on kit but without brake system. Handlebar clamps are extra (67,20 €), choose 22mm or fFt Bar diameter. You need a radial caliper (100mm gauge for bore hole) and matching master cylinder from Brembo or Magura.

Not sure I understand all of it, but it's not like I'm going to spend that kind of cash anyway.

'86 Yamaha XT350
tvscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #15619
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvscum View Post
I emailed LSL and asked how much these forks cost. Here was the response:

Cost for the parts Öhlins fork FG 43 with triple tree, adapter for the caliper and axle is 2.899,15 € plus tax.
Set is a bolt-on kit but without brake system. Handlebar clamps are extra (67,20 €), choose 22mm or fFt Bar diameter. You need a radial caliper (100mm gauge for bore hole) and matching master cylinder from Brembo or Magura.

Not sure I understand all of it, but it's not like I'm going to spend that kind of cash anyway.

2900 euros

I'd sure like to try them though...
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #15620
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

I got around to installing a Seat Concepts cover on my scrambler today. Haven't ridden yet, but I love the added height and am quite sure it'll be a real improvement in comfort.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #15621
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerBs View Post
Yeap those are on backwards.
Not backwards boys.
The right pipe goes to the low exit (as stock) and the springs are not spread.

This is backwards, right pipe going high, springs spread wide (and tight).

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #15622
Blumtnman
Rider

Oddometer: 273
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
Not backwards boys.
The right pipe goes to the low exit (as stock) and the springs are not spread.

This is backwards, right pipe going high, springs spread wide (and tight).

Take a look at the pic above of the stock pipes, something looks amiss, no?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #15623
Triumphantscrambler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Triumphantscrambler,

That turned out really really good
Thanks!!! I love it!
Triumphantscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #15624
ksnak
Duc Gal

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
I got around to installing a Seat Concepts cover on my scrambler today. Haven't ridden yet, but I love the added height and am quite sure it'll be a real improvement in comfort.

Hi There -

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the comfort of the seat as I am shopping for seat options for my bike. Also, is that luggage you have on your Scram made by Triumph?

Thanks,
Kathy

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
ksnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #15625
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnak View Post
Hi There -

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the comfort of the seat as I am shopping for seat options for my bike. Also, is that luggage you have on your Scram made by Triumph?

Thanks,
Kathy

Kathy,

I'm expecting the seat to be dreamy, as I've had a seat concepts product on my WR250X and it was awesome. I will tell you also that I have a Triumph solo seat, and it is MUCH better than the factory Scrambler seat. I'm trying this seat concepts one for two up comfort.

The bag is a Triumph City Bag (left hand) and its made well and looks good for daily light duty. I'm not sure I would have purchased it at the triumph price,mut it came with my bike, and I'm very pleased with it. If I lost it tomorrow I'd likely order another.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #15626
Triumphantscrambler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66 View Post
Now you can fab up a rack just above the exhausts to hold cans of soup; hot & ready to eat as soon as you arrive...!
Not a bad idea hahaha!
Triumphantscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #15627
ksnak
Duc Gal

Oddometer: 134
Thanks! Love the old school look of your bike.

Kathy

Quote:
Kathy,

I'm expecting the seat to be dreamy, as I've had a seat concepts product on my WR250X and it was awesome. I will tell you also that I have a Triumph solo seat, and it is MUCH better than the factory Scrambler seat. I'm trying this seat concepts one for two up comfort.

The bag is a Triumph City Bag (left hand) and its made well and looks good for daily light duty. I'm not sure I would have purchased it at the triumph price,mut it came with my bike, and I'm very pleased with it. If I lost it tomorrow I'd likely order another.

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
ksnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #15628
IRideASlowBike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Is it possible to install Bonneville pipes on a Scrambler? Maybe at least Bonneville headers, and mufflers from something else?

I love the Scrambler but the one thing I don't like about it is the high exhaust (yeah, I know that to many this is the defining characteristic). It makes luggage a pain in the ass. There are low pipes available from the aftermarket, but I don't think you can use the Triumph crash guards with them installed.
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #15629
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by monks_point View Post
Xaman
The real world difference between the efi and carbed Bonnie variants is the availability of after support for engine enhancements. The reliability is generally the same. I have a carbed Bonnie and bought it specifically for the carbs- makes it easier to tune yourself.

The only thing of caution regarding the Scrambler would be the suspension. It's horrendous (all stock Bonnie variants are lacking). The power is plenty enough though nothing like a super bike, which I'm assuming isn't a concern for you. Second to the suspension, is the truly awful seat- it gets damned uncomfortable after a 100 miles or so. Plan on spending about $100 to get the seat modified.
I used to feel the same way having owned a carbed Bonnie. Since picking up and working on my '12 efi Bonnie and tuning it with my laptop in 10 minutes, needles and jets can suck it in my book.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #15630
triumph_trophy59
n00b

Oddometer: 1
triumph drip tray

i think its great that triumph now has that drip tray attached to the bottom of the frame underneath the motor, nothing worse than those black oil stains i always used to get with my old triumph on the driveway.
triumph_trophy59 is offline   Reply With Quote