Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #8671
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwo View Post
Tricepilot, I can gladly take you a bottle of Chinaco on my next trip to San Antonio, just that I dont know if it is legal to cross it on the border????

My best regards!

Daniel
Oh hell yes its totally legal to bring me a bottle of that fine tequila

C'mon up here Daniel I'll trade you that tequila for some fine Texas BBQ & you can hang out at Casa Tricepilot
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #8672
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwo View Post
Now up north in the state of Chihuahua, Durango and part of Coahuila there is also a some kind of wild agave, that when destilled the drink is not called tequila, it is called Sotol. So Sotol is the tequila of the North.
Another reason this is a great thread. Good information!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #8673
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Tequila. Sotol. Mescal.

God bless Mexico!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #8674
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Tequila.net shows 11 municipalities in Tamaulipas where Tequila is produced:

Aldama, Altamira, Antiguo Morelos, Gómez Farías, González, Llera, Mante, Nuevo Morelos, Ocampo, Tula and Xicotencatl.

This is really interesting. Most people associate Mexico tequila production mainly wiith Jalisco
I thought it was a controlled name (much like Champagne or Bordeaux) where it had to come from the Jalisco area, otherwise, its just fancy mezcal.

But then, maybe like much of Mexico, things can be a bit flexible.

Hmm further research from Wikipedia sayeth:
Mexican laws state that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jalisco and limited regions in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacán, Nayarit, and Tamaulipas.[3] Mexico has claimed the exclusive international right to the word "tequila", threatening legal actions against manufacturers of distilled blue agave spirits in other countries.

mark883 screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 11:55 AM Reason: details
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #8675
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Sicarios make $6,000 a month?
Guess someone has access to their filings with the SAT Hacienda.
You know, after taxes, they are committing atrocities for only $4,850 pesos a month.
And since they are 'empleados asimilados" the don't even get seguro social or even some vales to use at Walmart!
However, they might qualify for a bono or maybe an aquinaldo or a dispensa, maybe even a PTF profit share or one of
those home savings plans through INFONAVIT.

Whoa!

MikeMike brings the accountancy!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #8676
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOWTHEN View Post
Mexico is definitely not safe!

If you are a goat.................

HaHaHaHa....
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #8677
chiwo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Seems like an Angora Goat to me.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angora_goat

chiwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #8678
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOWTHEN View Post
Mexico is definitely not safe!

If you are a goat.................

That's a sheep.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #8679
SR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Have fun SR, take your usual outstanding photos on that ride.

And press the Big Rental Head Cheeze Guy about setting up an easy arrangement for ride-in gringos to rent a quad.
Roger that!!
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #8680
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

For anyone that has Chango-itis, here's a link for you:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=3

Never had to do that before.

I can deal with dissenting opinions, but they should be well reasoned, with a point, and reasonably concise. Heck I don't even really care if its long, if the grammar is decent. But the pointless video of the day, reposted multiple times, I don't need that.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #8681
mundobravo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tope Stomper View Post
Ok, let me set the record straight on the “Great El Fuerte Shootout”. It’s a little long….but I think you like details.

First off, you guys are absolutely right, Mexico is a fabulous place, and my life has been enriched by riding there.

Secondly, you’re right again, never risk your life or bike for a few crumby pesos.

Now, what actually happened:

The back road from Alamos to El Fuerte was recommended to us by others who had ridden it years earlier. And what could it hurt to travel just that short distance from the safe State of Sonora, into notorious, Sinaloa. So five of us headed out for a great dual-sport ride.

About 70 miles in, the road turned to rough pavement at a reservoir and hydro-dam, west and north of town, for those who like specifics. We were now maybe 7 miles out, me in the front, when the bandits came out from the bushes, left side of the road. Wasn’t much choice but to stop, though there was a huge argument going on inside my head. And I was ready to hand over my pesos, no big deal, but the guy had a good hold of my left arm, and dang it, I thought he would push me over. Then he started yelling in Spanish, waving the gun in my face, and pointing to the small clearing off the road to my right. Oh-oh, that didn’t look good. Then my female instincts kicked in and the voice in my head got a whole lot louder. What to do? Maybe if he thought I was going there he might let go of my arm. So I dropped off the road toward the clearing and he let go. I kinda thought he would then turn his attention to the next guy in line, so I twisted the throttle and headed back up on the pavement. Opps, he grabbed my arm again…..but my voice told me not to stop, so I didn’t until I got to town. I’d like to add, still dragging the gunman along with me, but he fell off after about 30 feet or so. And later, I even found finger bruises on my arm where he’d held on.

A funny image, as Warren, the rider behind me, and his gunman watched my frantic escape of flying dirt and screaming gunman. But this bandit was a serious guy. He had even fired a shot into the road to stop Warren. And now that one of us had escaped, he fired a shot over Warrens shoulder to stop the guys still coming in and shattered the corner of Leroy’s windshield. Yikes.

Warren didn’t have a gun in his face now, so he hit the throttle and popped the clutch, accidentally popping a wheelie. The last two riders still coming in, saw all the chaos, and one of them took aim at the bandits, gassed it, and rode through them. The last guy tucked in behind him. Shots were fired as they passed, but it wasn’t until later we realized any damage. That left Leroy in the wrong spot and they all turned to him, so he wisely stopped, was robbed, and sent on his way. BTW, they got his “mothers” wallet that he’d carried for years for just that purpose.

We regrouped in town centro, reported to the police who really didn’t care, repaired the two holes in the gas tank and the bulge in the rim and took the safe road back to Alamos.

More than likely, this was a simple highway robbery. But as a woman, I couldn’t take the chance, so I did what I did without a much time to think about it.

As a side bar: I think my bandido was a clown. He came skipping across the road toward me while pulling down his black mask and waving the gun. Then stopped yelling to pull the mask away from his mouth so he could speak clearly, (like I could understand Spanish) and waved the gun instead of seriously pointing it at me. I even had the fleeting thought, and wishful thinking, that this clown wouldn’t have real bullets! Oh, well, it all makes a good story.

Not sure the motivation of the guys behind me, but it is what it is.

Would I go back to Mexico? In a flash!!! But would have to get a divorce first.

Thanks for reading, hope that made sense. Any questions?
thanks for taking the time to post this story !
http://www.vimeo.com/7780879
mundobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #8682
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
For anyone that has Chango-itis, here's a link for you:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=3

Never had to do that before.

I can deal with dissenting opinions, but they should be well reasoned, with a point, and reasonably concise. Heck I don't even really care if its long, if the grammar is decent. But the pointless video of the day, reposted multiple times, I don't need that.
This is GREAT information ! So long Chango !
Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #8683
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,563
De Tal Palo tal astilla

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2012/06/21/10584866-captura-armada-a-hijo-del-chapo-guzman

Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #8684
chiwo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
MEXICO, the only risk is wanting to stay!!!!!
chiwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #8685
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
I'm going to try it right now. I'll call it "The Chango Button".

Chango, can you give me another test please. More of the same, I want to make sure it works. Call me bourgeois, I like that one!
damn! I believe someone went ahead of me and did pressed already the "chango-button"

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote