Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #1996
Doctor
Banned

Oddometer: 7,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox View Post
GVR and Craig did an amazing job. I had a stock motor and Phil and Joe came past me at one point like I was standing still. But that was short lived because of the drama's Joe had with his motor. I offloaded my cloths, panican and cutlery into Mark's disco just before the start as I reliezed my bike was too overloaded to be controllable. So in Tiborburra I did a bit of shopping and got a bowl, spoon, towel and some jocks. This cost me some time but Ron had been riding hard and he was not far behind me. My GPS stopped working so I stopped at the truck mudguard turnoff on the Strezleki track and tried to fix it. Ron and Ray caught up. Someone has moved the truck mudguard from that corner. It turns out that GVR and Craig didnt take the shortcut. On the track to Lynhurst I found out that the saddle bags just out when you hit holes with the bike pinned. I met Ron's sister and mum at Lyndhurst with a message from GVR and Craig "We have full tanks, Ha Ha Ha". In the morning I rode on to Williams Creek without incident, then just before Coberpedy I had to drop back a tooth on the front to push into the wind north up to Uluru. I stayed in a backpackers not knowing that GVR and Craig were lying in the gutter just down the road too worried to have a camp because I might just ride by. I got fuel in Docker River (It took some time to get the guy out of bed and to unlock the pumps.) The next I remember was Warburton. I got fuel, but nobody knew the way to the Heather Hiway, so I headed back on the way into town and got on a track heading north. I pushed along on this horrid little sandy track 67km due north until I eventually came aross the remains of the old gun barrel hiway. At this point I really didnt know where I was or how long I was going to be stuck in there. I fort that track for hours that night until I finally didnt have the strength to pickup the bike any more. Ilay on the ground and my arms felt like they weighed 300kg each. After about an hour I got the strength to setup camp and I slept until 3 or 4. After sleep I attacked the gun barrel. Everything that track through at me I took. I had many stacks, and a few times my right foot was bent right around and pinned under the right hand pannier frame. I am so glad I didnt break any bones. The last 200km of the gunnbarrel was hold it pinned stuff. Although you needed to keep you witts about you as the sand got really deep and dry in some parts. I could tell by the tracks that GVR and Craig left through there that I was going at twice there speed. But they were miles ahead and nothing I could do would catch up that much time. I refuelled at Carnigie Station. Aparently the boys had had lunch with them and so I was running an hour or two behind them., I refuelled and got mottering. I did about 20km but just wack! I slapped the ground hard at full noise. A rock had gone in between the tire and the rim and caused my front wheel to blow out. I spent some time repairing the tube but my pump have been smashed into 3 pieces coming through the gun barrel. I tried reving the bike up while holding the pieces of the pump together but I just could not ge tthe thing to pump air. So after dark I road back to Carnegie on the rim. I didnt look healthy due to the big hit I received on my head so I decieded to stop there for the night. I knew at that point the race was probably lost after that big stack. Anyway in the morning I could find my gloves, so I didnt leave very early. Ron had kicked an ant hill coming through the gun barrel and broken his foot. Ron and Ray were in there support vehicle. So I borrowed Ron's gloves and got motoring. I bought a pump in Wiluna, Camped somwhere between Milly Milly and the Overlander. I got a bit lost but eventually found the way. I was about 20km away from Steep point and I met Craig, GVR Ron and Ray on the track all drinking and having a great laugh. Ray gave me a beer, but the job was still not finished yet. GVR convinced me to leave all my gear there and just rind up steep point without a big jacket and without all the weight. My cain came off three times and then I got a flat tyre. I wiped out the bike pump I bought in Wiluna only to find it would not pump air. I froze that night getting to the top of steep point and back to the carravan park. It was 2am before I found my warm sleeping bag. Then I have a few relaxing days with GVR, Craig, Ray and Ron at the Caravan park. Then we met up with Phil, Will, Joe and Easo, and the party started. Created the bikes in Gereldton. Easo dropped us at Greg's place for some awesome hospitality, then a red eye flight home sitting next to a bar maid from Browns Plains. What a trip. I will not forget this adventure ride for a long time to come. You have toi hand it to GVR and Craig, nobody could compete with there bike preperation or there determination to win. We were pushing our bodies and our bikes to the limit. I hope I filled in some of the gaps for those who were just watching on. Regards,. BlueBox
thanx mate for filling us in
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #1997
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
here's some vid i think kato got stuck, jus my guess

well i gotta say, i was following jocks spot from birdy across the simpson and i didn't give him a hope in hell to be riding the bike. he was maintaining an average speed of about 27 km/ph. i thought for sure it was in the ute. but, i see the video and i'll be fucked, WELL DONE JOCK. you seemed to go slower on the western side of poepels corner. smashed the QAA line. i dips me hat to ya
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #1998
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga1111 View Post
well i gotta say, i was following jocks spot from birdy across the simpson and i didn't give him a hope in hell to be riding the bike. he was maintaining an average speed of about 27 km/ph. i thought for sure it was in the ute. but, i see the video and i'll be fucked, WELL DONE JOCK. you seemed to go slower on the western side of poepels corner. smashed the QAA line. i dips me hat to ya
So will we see you trading you XR in on a postie?

Don't be to hard on yourself though, you weren't the only one to be a bit to hasty in judging the abilitys of Jock and his postie...

Could you pass me a piece of the humble pie, I think I have earned a it.

And well done to Jock.

It looked like bloody hard work getting that thing over that hill, I can't imagine doing over 1000 of them on it.

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #1999
Russ

Oddometer: 15,355
Thanks Bluebox
I'll sort it out on Monday from the office.
$500 for under 7 days.
+18 x $50.00 18 finishers
= $1400.00

Well done lads great total for a great cause.
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #2000
Doctor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDADVGS View Post
Thanks Bluebox
I'll sort it out on Monday from the office.
$500 for under 7 days.
+18 x $50.00 18 finishers
= $1400.00

Well done lads great total for a great cause.
and a big well done to you to Russ that is a pretty cool donation top stuff
Old 06-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #2001
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,900
Fantastic effort boys and a great donation from Russ, talk about putting your money where your mouth is !!

I'm gonna throw a couple of hunge into Jocks account, that was a great effort following Phill's C to C route, tackling the Simpson on a postie, big nads or mad.!!
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #2002
Doctor
Banned

here ya go Bluebox without ya woopie ya woulda nailed em

Old 06-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #2003
Doctor
Banned

you could near see the lights at one stage Bluebox

Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #2004
Doctor
Banned

another image stolen from facebook

Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #2005
Doctor
Banned

the lads lined up

Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #2006
philth OP
philth

Oddometer: 5,834
theres some stories of extreme endurance and intestinal fortitude starting to surface
and id just like to say that the Motorbikin team did it tougher than all of you
warning, the following vid contains extreme scenes that may offend some viewers

ps good on you russ
you legend!

philth screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 04:57 PM Reason: russ is a legend
philth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #2007
Doctor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
theres some stories of extreme endurance and intestinal fortitude starting to surface
and id just like to say that the Motorbikin team did it tougher than all of you
warning, the following vid contains extreme scenes that may offend some viewers

ps good on you russ
you legend!
what happens on the philth trail should maybe stay jus between ya's .............
Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #2008
bluebox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
you could near see the lights at one stage Bluebox

I can't believe i was so close. But i suspect they had a sat phone and somebody monitoring the tracker page. So if i had gone faster they would have gone without more sleep. I gota hand it to GVR and Craig. They are legends. I really did ride my guts out. If i hadnt got the flat tyres without a pump and made the nav blunders then it would have been a much closer run thing. Anyway I think anyone who does rhe ride on a postie is a legend. Thankyou Russ for being so generous and thanks to everyone who made it so great.

bluebox screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 08:29 PM Reason: typo
bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #2009
Doctor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox View Post
I can't believe i was so close. But i suspect they had a sat phone and somebody monitoring the tracker page. So if i had gone faster they would have gone without more sleep. I gota hand it to GVR and Craig. They are legends. I really did ride my guts out. If i hadnt got the flat tyres without a pump and made the nav blunders then it would have been a much closer run thing. Anyway I think anyone who does rhe ride on a postie is a legend. Thankyou Russ for being so generous and thanks to everyone who made it so great.
they did have sat phone
Old 06-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #2010
Blindpilot
Blindpilot

Oddometer: 74
Next!!!

Well the "race" has been run, and won by all who participated.
Fanbloodytastic is all I can say!! I never cease to be amazed and impressed by this group of asylum escapee's, particularly when in a time of stress and broken bits I hear, "you blokes go on you can get em", to a reply of "there is no I in team, wanna hand"

So what next, well Phil may consider trying crossing Aus using this method with a postie attached!! They all have big enough attachment points

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJZnFccVnM

And thanks to Phil, Will, And Joe for allowing me to tag along and for not throwing rocks at me for my corny stories.
Blindpilot is offline   Reply With Quote