Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #496
Renegade_Azzy
Kamen Rider

Oddometer: 489
Just ordered mine, looks to be the ticket. My new to me vstrom 650 is the first bike Ive owned that doesn't have a center stand, and that has me stumped when even thinking of doing my own maintenance.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #497
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_Azzy View Post
Just ordered mine, looks to be the ticket. My new to me vstrom 650 is the first bike Ive owned that doesn't have a center stand, and that has me stumped when even thinking of doing my own maintenance.
Thanks Renegade! It will be on the way today!

The Trail Stand works for some light maintenance but I have to admit I use a more substantial stand in my garage when doing maintenance. The Harbor Freight rear swingarm stand is what I use on my Cagiva Gran Canyon, which is bike similar to yours. Your bike is pretty heavy to lift so I don't in general recommend it because I don't want anyone to hurt their back lifting such a heavy bike. I will let you decide if the Trail Stand makes sense for you.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #498
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Need a Trail Stand pic on this page.....anybody else have some? Post 'em up!

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #499
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,615
used it twice on my last trip, that thing was MONEY!

it worked extremely well (been carrying mine around for 2 years unused) and the little velcro deal for the front brake made it really nice.

good product!
clapped_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #500
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
A confession: I chickened out and got a centerstand for my fatso DL1000. Also I don't ride and/or oil the chain on my DR enough. Those two combined mean I just got around to trying out the trail stand yesterday. Happy to report it worked great, boosted the tire off the ground, gave it a good spin, and sprayed down the chain. A+.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #501
MrBracket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Just ordered mine!!

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #502
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Just ordered mine!!
Thanks MrBracket! It will be on the way today!

Is the Moto Mule your product? It is a very cool setup!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 06-26-2012 at 07:24 AM
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #503
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
A confession: I chickened out and got a centerstand for my fatso DL1000. Also I don't ride and/or oil the chain on my DR enough. Those two combined mean I just got around to trying out the trail stand yesterday. Happy to report it worked great, boosted the tire off the ground, gave it a good spin, and sprayed down the chain. A+.
Hey hyperboader, I think you did the right thing, I really dont recommend the Trail Stand for heavier bikes than the KTM Adventures or SE950's. Not because the Trail Stand cant support them but beacause they are very heavy to lift, don't want someone to hurt their back, and dont have as good of points to lift by. It is exactly made for a bike like your DR. Basically to put a range on it I would say that bikes with 21 inch front wheels from the factory are the target group for the Trail Stand. As they say at the end of the day you have to make the decision if using the Trail Stand is good for you and your bike, it is a jack stand afterall and needs to be treated as such.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #504
Ixxioixxl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
This thing works slick on the 2012 DL650. I have just messed around with it testing getting the back wheel up in the garage/yard and used it to oil the chain. Good deal
Ixxioixxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #505
MrBracket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Thanks MrBracket! It will be on the way today!

Is the Moto Mule your product? It is a very cool setup!

Thanks! Yes, the moto-mule is my product.. Or as my wife might say... my mistress... I spend a little bit too much time at the shop lately!!!

Look forward to getting my trail stand, honestly hoping I don't need it tho!! That's how it works right?? Carry it, and you won't end up needing it!!

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #506
Renegade_Azzy
Kamen Rider

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Thanks Renegade! It will be on the way today!

The Trail Stand works for some light maintenance but I have to admit I use a more substantial stand in my garage when doing maintenance. The Harbor Freight rear swingarm stand is what I use on my Cagiva Gran Canyon, which is bike similar to yours. Your bike is pretty heavy to lift so I don't in general recommend it because I don't want anyone to hurt their back lifting such a heavy bike. I will let you decide if the Trail Stand makes sense for you.

Well, it will do the trick when in a pinch. I am thinking a stand will be better for driveway type work, but Ive already propped it up out there and seen that i can work with the bike on that stand. not too heavy either if you leverage it all right ;)

It will stay with my tire repair kit at minimum. Thanks for getting it here so quickly!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #507
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,659
Thumb

Been using the TS for the last 16,000mi brotha.... goooood stuff.
Thanx for the AWESOME product...
JJ approved!^)-
Havta dig up more pics... the last rear tire change and front tire direction swap in Hawthorne, CA.

Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #508
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Great pic's JJ, great looking bike setup too!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #509
boomshakalaka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Just ordered mine. I'm a tire repair noob, and not staying long term where I am-- so buying a bunch of bulky tools like a jack/lift isn't practical. I was thinking I'd have to change my first tube by laying my bike on the ground, but luckily I was guided to your site and then to this thread. I already know that this thing will make my life, as far as motorcycling is concerned, so much easier.
boomshakalaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #510
vtairhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
I've used mine a half dozen times and to me it's worth every penny

I put a piece of 2-by under the side stand on my 09 KLR, lean into the right side of the bike and slip the TS onto the frame just in front of the foot peg - rear wheel (raising links and 606) in the air, and the bike is solid. Thanks, and I'll try to remember to get picture(s) and post them next time I use it.

Great product, no connection other than happy user.
vtairhead is offline   Reply With Quote