Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 383 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #1591
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Found my vote for worst tank in the game. Somau S40 wow is this a POS.
I'd have to disagree with ya. Yeah, it's slow, but unlike the AMX 40 it is based on, the slowness doesn't seem nearly the hindrance since it is, after all, a TD, and is supposed to be behind its forward tanks.

I've noticed that butterflies penetrate its frontal armor, but for four games I have four kills and... somehow... four wins, so 100% thus far, lol. Yeah, it couldn't help me win the game if I needed it, but I swear I've had worse. Talk to me after it gets a 100% crew and maybe that last gun and maybe I'll change my mind.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1592
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Got my stickers back - had to follow directions sent in response to my support ticket, quoted below. Let me know if you're still missing them after going through this process.
Links broken for me. No stickers.

yeah I know your gone. I'll be patient.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #1593
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I just tried to install that Domgard's Mod Pack, but thoroughly screwed my client up doing it (it already had XVM, so I wasn't sure how to install the pack around it)... so this time I uninstalled the client.

What I found after uninstalling was a ton of folders and files left over (aside from the screenshots... of which I have over 1,500 screen shots ... I'm not kidding...). I moved my screenshots folder and then manually deleted everything, defragmented the hard drive, then uploaded the client again and installed it.

Maybe this will make a difference with the red screens?

And... I'm gonna skip future mod packs save for XVM... I always tend to screw them up, then I'm out an hour uninstalling and re-downloading the client again.
With any mods now you should ony be adding files to the res_mod folder/*current version* folder. If something doesn't work you just remove the contents of that folder. Also, i never unzip a mod directly to WoT. I put it somewhere else and then copy. Many mods dont work together without tweeking. Thats usually done already with a mod pac.
I've. Tried a few mod managers but always had trouble. Ever since they added the res mod folder manual has been easier.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #1594
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,500
I gotta say, the whole "jam up a TD so he can't rotate and then shoot him from point blank with a gun longer than the tank" thing is really starting to get under my skin.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #1595
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
I gotta say, the whole "jam up a TD so he can't rotate and then shoot him from point blank with a gun longer than the tank" thing is really starting to get under my skin.
But this is my favorite tactic? Get a small fast tank and go do it to other TD's... It really will put a smile on your face.

Its kinda like knifing a sniper in Battlefield then T-baggin his corpse while he watches the kill cam.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #1596
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
But this is my favorite tactic? Get a small fast tank and go do it to other TD's... It really will put a smile on your face.

Its kinda like knifing a sniper in Battlefield then T-baggin his corpse while he watches the kill cam.
LOL, one f my favorite moves to TD's and - God don't strike me down for this - Lee tanks. (Sure, TD's deserve it, but dumb ol' Lee drivers just aren't usually used to that level of play-style for that tier, lol).

It really does get to feel like dancing sometimes when the TD driver will make a bunch of moves back and forth, adding in fake-out moves, to try to catch the tank beside him (me!) off guard. I usually always match them well enough.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #1597
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
LOL, one f my favorite moves to TD's and - God don't strike me down for this - Lee tanks. (Sure, TD's deserve it, but dumb ol' Lee drivers just aren't usually used to that level of play-style for that tier, lol).

It really does get to feel like dancing sometimes when the TD driver will make a bunch of moves back and forth, adding in fake-out moves, to try to catch the tank beside him (me!) off guard. I usually always match them well enough.
I can usually see the wrighting on the wall...happened to me twice last night....I have not got to play much. What is the killer is after you put 2 rounds into that charging tank and nothing happens...then you are just dead and might as well esc and play something else.

But yea I do that too....and you can put those huge russian tanks in the same group with the slow turrets....I could hear people screaming after killing a kv2 with my Pz III....dang that was just fun....and unlike most tanks it has a pea shooter gun.

I am really thinking about that tier III french prem TD....that thing hits darn hard. I think it would be a fun change from marder...and I think it has a little thicker armor (yea right) and a better hitting gun.....might just give it a try....I know it cuts into my H35 like butter...but I want something that can kill that 38. Put 4 reloads from my Pz II into one the other night and did no damage, he spun around and just killed me. Perfect flanking move on my part too...killed two of his buddies before he figured out what was going on....he never figured it out till he started getting hit.

Kinda like my panther....it is not too bad with the stock gun, can't wait till I see the long 75.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #1598
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,206
I didn't like the long 75 after the first couple of rounds, but it's growing on me. It's kind of nice to be able to throw shells out 4-500 meters and know you're going to hit the target. It also has the penetration to reliably get through the turret of most tanks Tier 9 and under. I just wish it did a little more damage. I'm looking forward to getting the Tiger and it's big 88....that should be a fun gun to play.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #1599
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I didn't like the long 75 after the first couple of rounds, but it's growing on me. It's kind of nice to be able to throw shells out 4-500 meters and know you're going to hit the target. It also has the penetration to reliably get through the turret of most tanks Tier 9 and under. I just wish it did a little more damage. I'm looking forward to getting the Tiger and it's big 88....that should be a fun gun to play.

it's not as fun as you think. The tiger is a great tank but it has to have support to work well. I've found that the best use of a tiger it to draw the fire and let your team kill everything that's firing at you. Yes it can pack a punch but it's almost the same 88 that you can get on the 3601 and it works much better on that tank. You will hate the Tiger until it's maxed out. And even then you wont run it much unless you have back up.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #1600
papalobster
With Gusto!

I got wins on most of my herd last night. Except for the Churchill and PzIV.

I thought the RAM II being a premium and all would fare better in MM and in battles. Generally mid to low tier in the pack. Make 60% of the coin that the Churchill does. But dies much faster. I should have gotten a Matilda instead.

Luckily I'm only 100,000xp away from the Patton I'll transfer the 100% crew over to that when I get it.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #1601
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
it's not as fun as you think. The tiger is a great tank but it has to have support to work well. I've found that the best use of a tiger it to draw the fire and let your team kill everything that's firing at you. Yes it can pack a punch but it's almost the same 88 that you can get on the 3601 and it works much better on that tank. You will hate the Tiger until it's maxed out. And even then you wont run it much unless you have back up.
i think the 3601 with the 88 was a better tank
tigers seem to get way to much attention and everyone wants to kill you
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #1602
papalobster
With Gusto!

What's the 3601 have for hit points? I know when I try to kill em with the E8 they tend to absorb plenty of rounds. The PzIV is pretty weak armor wise, but the 75mm L70( I think it's the L70) does a pretty fair job on like tier tanks.

They should give you the option of buying a GR-300-S welder and a Mobile Machine Shop with your gold and going through the tank scrap pile and building a run watcha brung tank.

papalobster screwed with this post 06-26-2012 at 06:10 AM
Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #1603
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Whatever the 3601 is, I agree that it can take the place of the TIger in most situations. Sorta seems like it can take just as much getting shot at, but since it is smaller its easy-to-pen surfaces are smaller, so it can bounce more (or be missed more at distance).

If any of you have cash to burn... try the 3601 with the Konisch (Conical) gun and gold ammo. It turns the 3601 into a tier-8 IMHO (as long as you aren't being shot), it's incredible... but costly.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 06-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #1604
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,911
I wasn't a fan of the 3601 after one of the tweaks. It went from an ATM to a smouldering wreck with one update.

Tiger is fun as long as you're teamed up. Alone, you die quickly. Same as the IV. Both are fun with 100% crews and hiding in the bushes sniper mode.

I'm almost to the Tiger2, but will probably keep the Tiger.

E8: not a fan. I probably won't like the t20 either.
Hellcat: Hard to play well. Fast but turns very slowly.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #1605
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post

I was just angry cause it happened to me 3 times last night. Normally not a problem in the 85 or 100 because i can see them coming and rotate in time and punch them in the nose, but the 152 is so horrifically slow it might as well be a bunker gun.

It was awesome to 1 shot a KV though.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: