Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Ok.

It is a copy of a a BMW RT with the Tiger Explorer 1200 motor.

/thread

Pity they couldn't copy the lesser weight of the BM.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,523
The only issue i had with my old R12RT was the dull engine. I guess that Triumph have listened to the criticism and come up with a viable rival.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #18
Worroll OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
It does look like the RT, but really when you put any group of bikes of the same class together, there are always strong similarities.
I'd still pick my GT, cause it fits my needs, but I think this looks like a killer bike. We'll see when the test rides start rolling in!
Worroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
PizzaHog
Thought Criminal

Oddometer: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worroll View Post
It does look like the RT, but really when you put any group of bikes of the same class together, there are always strong similarities.
I'd still pick my GT, cause it fits my needs, but I think this looks like a killer bike. We'll see when the test rides start rolling in!
Looks like the first cousin to my old ST1300...
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 573
Yep, the front does have a strong Honda look. I like the RT styling, BMW screwed up by putting the twin cylinder tractor motor in its version at least the Triumph will have some GO! with the styling.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
Haroon
RIDE for PASSION

Oddometer: 543
Ok, they did a copy-paste of the RT, never mind as triumph has a wonderful engine note, but have to wait & see how much less than the RT is the price...???
I am sure triumph did not copy-paste the final drive seal from Bavaria!

Exploring the world on 2-wheels...little at a time
RIDE for PASSION

www.rideforpassion.com

Haroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #22
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
2013 trophy in silver or blue

the new triumph trophy will be in usa dealer showrooms in january as a 2013 model touring bike . i have been anxiously waiting for the new triumph trophy and the pictures on the trophy website look great . i like the styling more than the honda st and the bmw k1600gt or bmw r whatever . but i am very disappointed that the new 2013 trophy will only come in silver or blue -- not an all black version . the silver and blue pics of the 2013 trophy are beautiful -- even though the bike weighs a ton . i expect a major touring bike to be super heavy . i don't want to be blown off the freeway by the first mack truck that passes by . this is not a motorcycle designed to zip around your local neighborhood or run down to kroger for some milk -- that's what the triumph bonneville is for . the trophy is made to cruise across country on mostly paved roads for a thousand miles with an occasional stop at the holiday inn . but of all companies i expected triumph to build a black version of their new major tourer . this really is a deal breaker for me . triumph does not make one single model in their entire line up that does not include an all black version -- until the new 2013 trophy comes out . what are they thinking ? is it because the bmw k1600gt is also silver or blue ? i am a black bike kind of guy . it mystifies me why people even consider owning silver or blue motorcycles . ( my apologies if your ride is silver or blue ) . there are presently no plans to build an all black 2013 triumph trophy . ( this bad news i got from a triumph rep ) . if they put an all black 2013 trophy on the showroom floor next to their lovely blue version and impressive silver version -- the dealers would sell four black ones for every single silver or blue model . please triumph you have a great new tour bike here -- don't screw up the sales potential by making it a blatant copy of bmw color schemes ( which suck btw ) . thank you for listening .... but i doubt my criticism will result in triumph actually building a new all black 2013 triumph trophy .
doggrell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
opium89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
the new triumph trophy will be in usa dealer showrooms in january as a 2013 model touring bike . i have been anxiously waiting for the new triumph trophy and the pictures on the trophy website look great . i like the styling more than the honda st and the bmw k1600gt or bmw r whatever . but i am very disappointed that the new 2013 trophy will only come in silver or blue -- not an all black version . the silver and blue pics of the 2013 trophy are beautiful -- even though the bike weighs a ton . i expect a major touring bike to be super heavy . i don't want to be blown off the freeway by the first mack truck that passes by . this is not a motorcycle designed to zip around your local neighborhood or run down to kroger for some milk -- that's what the triumph bonneville is for . the trophy is made to cruise across country on mostly paved roads for a thousand miles with an occasional stop at the holiday inn . but of all companies i expected triumph to build a black version of their new major tourer . this really is a deal breaker for me . triumph does not make one single model in their entire line up that does not include an all black version -- until the new 2013 trophy comes out . what are they thinking ? is it because the bmw k1600gt is also silver or blue ? i am a black bike kind of guy . it mystifies me why people even consider owning silver or blue motorcycles . ( my apologies if your ride is silver or blue ) . there are presently no plans to build an all black 2013 triumph trophy . ( this bad news i got from a triumph rep ) . if they put an all black 2013 trophy on the showroom floor next to their lovely blue version and impressive silver version -- the dealers would sell four black ones for every single silver or blue model . please triumph you have a great new tour bike here -- don't screw up the sales potential by making it a blatant copy of bmw color schemes ( which suck btw ) . thank you for listening .... but i doubt my criticism will result in triumph actually building a new all black 2013 triumph trophy .
Old 06-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #24
KZDon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
I do like the frontal "mad monkey" look. Irrespective of the obvious RT lookalike visage - it should be a first class GT.
Triumph is good at making faces on the front of its bikes. I like the Homer Simpson on the front of the Tiger 800XC.
KZDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,179
Quote:
Pray tell, where may one purchase a factory black 675R ?
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
Superzoom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
So are you saying you want it in black?
Superzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
Against The Wind
I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
The only issue i had with my old R12RT was the dull engine. I guess that Triumph have listened to the criticism and come up with a viable rival.
BMW should have an all new liquid cooled 130 hp boxer next year. We'll see if it's still "dull". Any idea of the price of the Trophy?

Triumph is on a creative streak;

800GS copy, check
1200GS copy, check
1200RT copy, check.

What's next? Combine 2 triple engines and copy the K1600?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,347
I have a silver bike.

And I LIKE it. It's much faster than black. Black is boring. Cruisers are black.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against The Wind View Post
What's next?
I'm kinda hoping for a chain drive Sprint 800 copy of the F800ST.

In silver or blue, please.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #30
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
What's next?

Nah, next it will be a 3 cyl scooter, believe me!!!