Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
GurgaonTrails OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Ladakh again.....long way in

There's one more week left before I head out with friends......I'm quite sure I'm counting minutes, but my math fails me. So it's one week to go.

Ofcourse, it's a boys only trip. So we're leaving toothbrush, shaving kit etc at home. Everyone is probably working up the sweaty feet syndrome already...

It will be two Royal Enfields 500 (AVL) and one Honda XR400. The Enfields are not rentals, they are our own and therefore in great shape. The XR should ofcourse be a dream bike for the region.

And another friend is driving along on 4 wheels. His spirit of adventure has allowed this sacrilege to pass......and we have somehow landed a support vehicle . It's a 4wd Ford Endeavour (For Ranger based SUV).

We will leave from Delhi, go via close to Shimla up till Kaza in the Spiti Valley. Then swing though Lahaul Valley and join the main route to Leh (in Ladakh) and then get off the beaten path and have all kinds of off road fun in the back of beyond.......round trip around 3500 kms. In Americanese that works out to a lot of "miles".

I'll post more about everything in upcoming posts....Routes / Planning / Bike prep / Gear / Yadda / Blah / Etc.

Himalayan Ride Report 1997 | Ladakh again (2012)
GurgaonTrails is offline   Reply With Quote