User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #136
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Oddometer: 743
FYI Zion Ponderosa

I just checked in with Zion Ponderosa. I have confirmed that all of the dry campers are going to be in a nice wooded area. The same area that we were at for the first event if you were there. It gives us a little extra privacy. For those of you that have RV spots and Cabins, we will be about a 5 min walk or 1 min ride away. If you are driving in you may want to bring some firewood. Don't forget a bathing suit and I always suggest a cheap blow up raft just in case you decide to do a Lake Powell loop. The dip in the lake is awesome.

GeoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #137
el queso
toda su base

Oddometer: 666
Do you have some basic routes mapped out yet? I'd just like to get an idea of the possibilites.

Thanks, Pete

el queso screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 12:32 PM
el queso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #138
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by el queso View Post
Do you have some basic routes mapped out yet? I'd just like to get a basid idea of the possibilites.

Thanks, Pete

Funny quote.

So I just breathed a sigh of relief. I thought I was out of vacation days and would have to cancel this ride but it appears I do have enough days after all.

I have to fly out Sunday morning for a vacation w/my kids so that means I'm coming back Saturday. I'll want at least two days of riding so I'll come out Wed.

Anyone from SoCal on that same schedule and want to trailer together? It was hot as hell (~109) last year between Vegas and St. George. I stopped in a mini-mart and stood in their walk in cooler for 20 minutes and downed a Gatorade. May have to get one of those cooling vests if I ride again.

443 miles each way for me. If I ride, I should probably leave at 5:00 am or earlier to avoid the hottest part of the day.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #139
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Quote:
Do you have some basic routes mapped out yet? I'd just like to get an idea of the possibilites.

Thanks, Pete
Maps: I am working on getting them posted. I switched over to a MacBook recently and I can't seem to get the files to work. I have a buddy helping me out next week. Stay tuned.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #140
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post

Funny quote.

So I just breathed a sigh of relief. I thought I was out of vacation days and would have to cancel this ride but it appears I do have enough days after all.

I have to fly out Sunday morning for a vacation w/my kids so that means I'm coming back Saturday. I'll want at least two days of riding so I'll come out Wed.

Anyone from SoCal on that same schedule and want to trailer together? It was hot as hell (~109) last year between Vegas and St. George. I stopped in a mini-mart and stood in their walk in cooler for 20 minutes and downed a Gatorade. May have to get one of those cooling vests if I ride again.

443 miles each way for me. If I ride, I should probably leave at 5:00 am or earlier to avoid the hottest part of the day.
I sold my truck and will most likely be riding the bike to Utah from Temecula EARLY Thursday.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #141
el queso
toda su base

We've got three riding out from Los Angeles early Wednesday, returning Sunday. If we get a heat wave, we may puss out and trailer, but the current plan is ride. My buddy and I both suffered heat exhaustion on a desert dirtbike ride last month, and I'm not really excited to relive that...
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #142
fudgypup
Banned

Quote:
We've got three riding out from Los Angeles early Wednesday, returning Sunday. If we get a heat wave, we may puss out and trailer, but the current plan is ride. My buddy and I both suffered heat exhaustion on a desert dirtbike ride last month, and I'm not really excited to relive that...
Awesome. Sounds like we can ride together then on Thursday. I know the way to Toroweap if you want to do that one, or do it Friday with a larger group (larger group=more delays though). I also wouldn't mind doing all new trails too. Jesse says he has some great tracks this time that are higher in elevation.

If you trailer and have room for a big fat bike and (slightly fat) rider, let me know. I may be going with another inmate but he's not 100% sure what he's doing right now. I may even ride up with my street tires and send my knobbies up with someone else. If I do ride though, I'm definitely going EARLY to avoid the heat.

Bought one of these: TechNiche Deluxe Evaporative Cooling Vest with Sleeves - FREE SHIPPING!

I definitely needed this on the way there and back but not particularly for the riding we did while there.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #143
el queso
toda su base

Yeah, let's do Toroweep on Thursday for sure, I'm more of a small group type anyway. If we do trailer, I'm going to get real creative just to get three bikes on there...it's more of a MX sized trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Awesome. Sounds like we can ride together then on Thursday. I know the way to Toroweap if you want to do that one, or do it Friday with a larger group (larger group=more delays though). I also wouldn't mind doing all new trails too. Jesse says he has some great tracks this time that are higher in elevation.

If you trailer and have room for a big fat bike and (slightly fat) rider, let me know. I may be going with another inmate but he's not 100% sure what he's doing right now. I may even ride up with my street tires and send my knobbies up with someone else. If I do ride though, I'm definitely going EARLY to avoid the heat.

Bought one of these: TechNiche Deluxe Evaporative Cooling Vest with Sleeves - FREE SHIPPING!

I definitely needed this on the way there and back but not particularly for the riding we did while there.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #144
yzfcathy
Weeble

Oddometer: 1,191
Toroweap

I want to join in to Toroweap.......yay!
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #145
fudgypup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfcathy View Post
I want to join in to Toroweap.......yay!

I assume Skip got his shock fixed? I upgraded mine so maybe this year I can finally keep up with you.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #146
Strega
Black is a color

Oddometer: 478
Soooooooooo looking forward to this!

Bikes: ['09 KTM 690 RR]['98 KTM 620 Adv]['07 WR 450F]['99 YAM R6]
Support: [Where Am I Riding][Dual Sport Moto][C.O.R.E.][Nomadic Racks][Dual Sport Maps]
Strega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #147
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
ill be at the Ponderosa on Friday night. my Dad and I could lead a group to Toroweap on Sat or Sunday if need be.
p.s. were locals up here Tuweap is in my "backyard"
DirtReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #148
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,210
Parking my Dualsport weapon (300 XCW) for a while so I can go have fun with my newly refurbished ADV bike........the WR250R is now the WR"290"R thanks to the addition of an Athena top end kit......she's also sporting a new set of shoes......threw on some new Warp 9 wheels......

Staying in Primm Thursday night..........we'll be out at the Pondrosa mid day on Friday........

http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com

Crawdaddy screwed with this post 06-30-2012 at 12:18 PM
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #149
tgregg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Nancy and I are booked in the RV sites for 19th - 22nd Bringing the little XT 250
St George, UTAH
tgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #150
str8dwn
time to ride

Oddometer: 3
GeoMoto...just got news I can get off work and would like to join in on the fun. Please let me know if it's not too late to order a L t-shirt. Paypal account has been "compromised" so i would need to contact you directly with payment. thanks
str8dwn is offline   Reply With Quote