User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #211
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Bringing closure to the MM15 dilema:

The MM15 light is in NO WAY an inferior or defective light. It just isnt a "spot" beam as we had anticipated/advertised. This error was corrected as soon as it became evident. All those effected have been contacted and offered a full refund including the cost of return shipping.

We have heard back from most everyone who purchased the MM15 lights and light kits prior to the correction on our website, and the majority of those are happy with the lights and will be keeping them.

Keeping things in perspective, I cant restate enough that the MM15 is a well made, rugged, compact, modular (inter connectable), low cost LED lighting option. It is NOT a "spot" beam and is in fact a "pencil/flood" beam. The "use-able" light pattern produced by the MM15 isnt entirely different than the MM12 and it is quite useful as an auxiliary driving light. Day and Night.

There are no plans to reduce the price or in any other way de-value the light. Truth told, our profit margins are so slim that doing so would be going backwards.

We've worked very hard to build our great reputation as a reliable vendor of high quality, cost-effective products and will continue to do so. I do apologize for the error on our/my part and every effort possible has been made to rectify the saga of the MM15.

Moving forward and in other news:

Our MM12 lights/ light kits should be ready to ship in about a week.
We are still working to bring the MM01-DRL's back to market at an affordable price and hope to do so sometime in the not so distant future.

Thanks,
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #212
SAS Mayhem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Brain, your handled this in a very mature and professional manner, kudous to you.

I mounted them and all I can say is WOW! I am very impressed with their sturdiness/ruggedness their weight is substantial too. These are pencil/flood lights. Up close their very much a flood light, in that they illuminate everything, but they also shoot a pencil beam the will roast a deer a mile down the road too. It is very important to make sure these a aimed correctly, out of oncoming traffic and not blinding car in front of you.
I have mine points down and a little to the sides and it's working very well. One of the pictures is the sun in front and you can see that they are clearly visible. I rode them to work at night and they fill in any and all dark voids in front of me, and push the shadows way back of the road shoulder. I also love these DRL01 they do a great job, it's just I wanted more light to be seen, there hooked up to the pulser tha same, but now I have more diffused light.
I'm very satisfied...

Size compared to my glasses.

Mounted on the Rt side

On during the day

Sun in front during the day

and at night, you can see way aiming is very important with these light.

I really like these, they really complment the DRL01 . And hooked up the the pulser they twinkle to get your attention.

Cheers
Ron
SAS Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #213
jc9995
Commuting BEAST :)

Oddometer: 213
Hey guys.....just wanted to pass along a bit of info. If any of you are worried about the reliability or ruggedness of these lights....and can calm your fears. I just finished a 1200 mile trip that included everything from downpours of rain, temperatures from 30 to 80 and roads from gravel to two track.....and I even gave one of the lights a dirt nap.....and they ROCK!
Now I'm considering adding a mm15 for a bit more range. Thanks for providing such a great value to the ADV community.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #214
watagans300exc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
I have been contacted by the guys at MondoMoto's re: the MM15 lights.

Firstly, I have been very happy with the way these guys have gone about their customer support and backing up what they offer. They should be very proud of the way they conduct business and I will be happy to buy some luggage from them when they get that part of the business up and running.

I'm from Aus and they have committed to refunding me in full the return of the lights.

I’m not sure if mine were a faulty batch or not but the light that they put out was not that bright at all. In fact I was tempted to put an ammeter on them to see the watts they drew. Not pencil at all, more like washed out flood lights.

I was guttered to be honest because these looked great and the quality was awesome.
watagans300exc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #215
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9995 View Post
Hey guys.....just wanted to pass along a bit of info. If any of you are worried about the reliability or ruggedness of these lights....and can calm your fears. I just finished a 1200 mile trip that included everything from downpours of rain, temperatures from 30 to 80 and roads from gravel to two track.....and I even gave one of the lights a dirt nap.....and they ROCK!
Now I'm considering adding a mm15 for a bit more range. Thanks for providing such a great value to the ADV community.
Thanks for the positive input.

Sounds like you had an eventful trip ..... those can be the most memorable

-Brian
Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #216
super21
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Mm12's on a klr650

I just finished mounting mm12's on my 01 KLR 650. I made a bracket out of 1/4 inch aluminum plate that used the four fender holes. I also ordered a set of mm15's to see which set I like better. At the same time I replaced the stock headlight bulb with the HID on sale at cycle gear. The huge improvement of the HID over stock was amazing. The bulb moves when you switch from low to high beam and lights up the back roads for a great distance. The mm12's were aimed to the side to provide short distance coverage of the road sides. I now have exceptional coverage of the entire road ahead. The mm15's would be a better choice if using the stock headlight set up as they light up the distance much better than the mm12's. I used the "city light" power source with an on/off switch to power the mm12's. I couldn't be happier with the quality/performance of both the mm12 and mm15 set up. On the KLR the power saving of the HID/mm12 combination allows for heated grips without overloading the electrical output of the bike. I am going to mount the mm15's on my 01 FLHT along with the HID headlight. Next project is the racks for my Sea Horse 720's.
super21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #217
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by super21 View Post
I just finished mounting mm12's on my 01 KLR 650. I made a bracket out of 1/4 inch aluminum plate that used the four fender holes. I also ordered a set of mm15's to see which set I like better. At the same time I replaced the stock headlight bulb with the HID on sale at cycle gear. The huge improvement of the HID over stock was amazing. The bulb moves when you switch from low to high beam and lights up the back roads for a great distance. The mm12's were aimed to the side to provide short distance coverage of the road sides. I now have exceptional coverage of the entire road ahead. The mm15's would be a better choice if using the stock headlight set up as they light up the distance much better than the mm12's. I used the "city light" power source with an on/off switch to power the mm12's. I couldn't be happier with the quality/performance of both the mm12 and mm15 set up. On the KLR the power saving of the HID/mm12 combination allows for heated grips without overloading the electrical output of the bike. I am going to mount the mm15's on my 01 FLHT along with the HID headlight. Next project is the racks for my Sea Horse 720's.
Thanks for the feedback

-Brian
Old 06-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #218
mondobob
n00b

Oddometer: 8
MM12 Orders

Just wanted to let anyone wondering know, all MM12 orders placed by 6/24 have shipped out as of noon yesterday. MM12 can be preordered on our website and we should start shipping again on July 9. Hopefully our move will be complete by then.

-Bob
mondobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #219
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Dumb question...but could the MM12 be used for mower light?

I'm always trying to finish mowing the lawn in the dark, wearing a head lamp. Would a pair of MM12's provide sufficient illumination for mowing?

Just wondering out loud.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #220
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso View Post
I'm always trying to finish mowing the lawn in the dark, wearing a head lamp. Would a pair of MM12's provide sufficient illumination for mowing?

Just wondering out loud.

Thanks!

Mike
Hey Mike,

They would definitely do the job. Not sure how you would power them however? Unless its a riding mower with with a battery....

thanks,
-Brian
Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #221
watagans300exc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by watagans300exc View Post
I have been contacted by the guys at MondoMoto's re: the MM15 lights.

Firstly, I have been very happy with the way these guys have gone about their customer support and backing up what they offer. They should be very proud of the way they conduct business and I will be happy to buy some luggage from them when they get that part of the business up and running.

I'm from Aus and they have committed to refunding me in full the return of the lights.

I’m not sure if mine were a faulty batch or not but the light that they put out was not that bright at all. In fact I was tempted to put an ammeter on them to see the watts they drew. Not pencil at all, more like washed out flood lights.

I was guttered to be honest because these looked great and the quality was awesome.
Just received my return credit payment in full including return shipping from Australia. I don't know many other vendors who would have covered that.

Thanks guys. Once again, very honourable. Please let me know when you riding luggage is available for sale.
watagans300exc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #222
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Hey Mike,

They would definitely do the job. Not sure how you would power them however? Unless its a riding mower with with a battery....

thanks,
-Brian
Yep, battery for starting, There is an option for some factory lights but I'd rather go LED.

I'll try to get in an preorder in for a pair of M12's.

Thanks for the heads up.

M.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #223
RZMike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I ordered a set of lights last Saturday. I got 2 emails Sunday to let me know that they were out of stock, along with 3 options of what to do. One of them was a discount on a set with a blem at a discount. This is what I did, and I received them Wednesday. I have to compliment Mondo Moto and Brian for excellent customer service and prices. Thank you very much.
RZMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #224
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,339
So are there currently some options for blem sets of M12's with brackets then?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #225
millsan1
IBA #49986

Oddometer: 239
SIte is down. Time to renew DNS!