Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPeligro View Post
I have a Kriega US20 that I use as a tailbag on my F800GS. It's the most water proof bag I've strapped to a motorcycle. I'm looking for a luggage system for my TE630 and was wondering the same thing as the OP. Hopefully the new Kriega overlander rack will fit my almost-mythical bike otherwise I'm going to see what I can do with the Wolfman racks.
Hey Senor,

If you're looking for a pannier frame-mount system, then it all depends on whether you can get the right metalwork for your Husky. If you can either have a Touratech, Metal Mule or KTM Power Parts 18mm frame modified to fit your bike, or get something with the same frame dimension and diameter fabbed up, you'll be good to go with the Overlander 60.

That said, the Overlander 30 does not require any kind of rack, so it could well be the best bet. I can't see the fit being an issue, as long as you can find a solid forward fixing point for the ladder-lock strap, and providing that the heat shield on that lovely exhaust system does its job.

Failing that you could just get a set of Rack Loops and secure your US-20 or - if you wanted more capacity - a US-30 on the rear fender, using them.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote