Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #1726
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
I'd be game to run with you again - running around in 13-75's with you was a blast!
What times are you around?
I'm on at about 8:30 AM Eastern Standard time, and I play until about noon.

Last evening I woke up early for my night shift, and the clan was really active... so i just had to see if I could fit in to a few battles with you guys. We all had a real good time, although I think the only battle both platoons made it into was one where we were on opposite sides. FPGT72 was kind enough to put up with me and platoon with me. The first battle he and I ended up in had me lagging worse than I've ever seen, even through my first two or three encounters (and kills), and I really thought the lag was going to have my tank just wander out into the open. It kept moving, turning, and going forward well after I stopped using the keys. But somehow it cleared up enough for this:
Victory!
Battle: El Halluf Monday, July 02, 2012 8:07:33 PM
Vehicle: KV-5
Experience received: 2,882 (x2 for the first victory each day) (wonder what that would have been with premium?)
Credits received: 83,410
Battle Achievements: Böelter's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Edit: I got eight kills, but was sorta stressful... initially I thought our team wasn't doing anything, but in retrospect they did everything right. A team that stays alive and just holds the opfor's capping and advances at bay long enough to allow something like my KV-5 to do a flanking operation is a very good team. I always think it's kinda hilarious when a big ol' KV-5 is sweeping deep behind enemy lines alone. Our team can see I'm there on the map, but most of their team is clueless I'm back there, tunnel-vision aimed at our team on the opposite side.

FPGT72 certainly held up his end of the battles, and it was a great little platoon we had there.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 01:29 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #1727
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roam View Post
Just started playing last weekend. Would like to join the clan. I'm HeavyIndustry on WoT.

Re: The red screens, from what I've read this is a bug on 32 bit systems. Reinstalled Win8 as 64bit and haven't had any more red screens

Thanks,
Hugh
Got ya and welcome aboard!
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #1728
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,096
It was fun lastnight....hopefully with tomorrow off I can play a little later tonight....and some on wed. during the day.

But by far I was the limiting factor....I am clueless about "how" to really do well in this game...I think I just get lucky or the other guys are that much worse then myself....if that is possible. But I do have fun playing, and I do have fun taunting the other guys. Don't do it much when we platoon, still trying to figure out that mic thing....and I have just driven out in the open or not moved while talking...or hit the push to talk button and think the tank sould be moving....hay I am slow....but I will get the hang of it....and it is a ball....I think we did pretty well last night....I actually don't think I am doing too bad I am taking so many pills these days I rattle when I walk....can't wait till I am all better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'm on at about 8:30 AM Eastern Standard time, and I play until about noon.

Last evening I woke up early for my night shift, and the clan was really active... so i just had to see if I could fit in to a few battles with you guys. We all had a real good time, although I think the only battle both platoons made it into was one where we were on opposite sides. FPGT72 was kind enough to put up with me and platoon with me. The first battle he and I ended up in had me lagging worse than I've ever seen, even through my first two or three encounters (and kills), and I really thought the lag was going to have my tank just wander out into the open. It kept moving, turning, and going forward well after I stopped using the keys. But somehow it cleared up enough for this:
Victory!
Battle: El Halluf Monday, July 02, 2012 8:07:33 PM
Vehicle: KV-5
Experience received: 2,882 (x2 for the first victory each day) (wonder what that would have been with premium?)
Credits received: 83,410
Battle Achievements: Böelter's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Edit: I got eight kills, but was sorta stressful... initially I thought our team wasn't doing anything, but in retrospect they did everything right. A team that stays alive and just holds the opfor's capping and advances at bay long enough to allow something like my KV-5 to do a flanking operation is a very good team. I always think it's kinda hilarious when a big ol' KV-5 is sweeping deep behind enemy lines alone. Our team can see I'm there on the map, but most of their team is clueless I'm back there, tunnel-vision aimed at our team on the opposite side.

FPGT72 certainly held up his end of the battles, and it was a great little platoon we had there.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #1729
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,559
I had to uninstall my (Vista 32) sevice pack update and Nvidia update, then my headset worked again. Of course, I got the critical error and had to edit my registry again too. I never would have found any of that in Encyclopedia Britannica

I hafta work on team tactics too. Not so used to working with others. The Priest wouldn't hit anything last night.

That 45mm on the Valentine is not made for shooting KV-1's
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #1730
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Geez, they should just not allow AMX 13 75's to play in their own tier of battles. It just isn't fair to the rest of the guys; picking on tier 8 and tier 9 heavies is what they are meant for.

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #1731
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
I think the 13 75 is the reward for not killing yourself during the grind of sucky tanks preceeding it.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #1732
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Encyclopedia Britannica

I hafta work on team tactics too. Not so used to working with others. The Priest wouldn't hit anything last night.

That 45mm on the Valentine is not made for shooting KV-1's
Yea I really don't know how to work with others as well....not sure if I should go with the team mate, or go off somewhere else. In the platoons I have been in it has most of the time been all tanks, a few times I have platooned with arty and that is easy.

Playing with you guys is actually one of the bright spots of the day......and I seem to win more.

I know what you mean about the valentine....I had a hard time with a B1 the other day but managed to track it, then I just picked it to death....took about 15 shots or so. Same with the Churchill....I think there should be some kind of crew degradation to the enemy tank after being hit time and time again like that. You know in the real world that crew would be long gone.

What do you guys think of the T150 on the soviet side....finally researched it last night, but have not bought it yet....I want to get up to the JS series tanks......and why do they call them IS and not JS....they are Joseph Stalin series tanks....wonder if it is a russian thing.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #1733
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
Joseph is spelled Iosef in Russian....hence IS.

The T-150 isn't bad after it's upgraded to the 107.....roughly equivalent to a KV-2. I would imagine I'll have one again at some point.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #1734
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,510
Cyrillic/Latin, J is "I". Ioseph Stalin.

Damn, 205'd.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #1735
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Cyrillic/Latin, J is "I". Ioseph Stalin.

Damn, 205'd.

Shoot now I remember that....it was in a indiana jones holy grail movie....where he is jumping on the letters to get to the grail.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #1736
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Shoot now I remember that....it was in a indiana jones holy grail movie....where he is jumping on the letters to get to the grail.
I thought that was H?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #1737
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I thought that was H?
I think it was Jehovah....but it started with an I....he steps on the J and goes dummy in latin jehovah starts with an I.

Man I think I really geeked my self there.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #1738
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Man I think I really geeked my self there.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #1739
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Yea I really don't know how to work with others as well....not sure if I should go with the team mate, or go off somewhere else. ...
At first it didn't hit me as to how to reply to this when you posted earlier this morning, but now I know what I'd say.

When I platoon up with a teammate, I want and expect that whatever tank he brings, he will know and understand enough to realize its strengths and weaknesses, and to know how to play it. Be aware and be your own player enough to realize how and where you can best help your team (like, say, that KV-2 with thew slow-to-load 152mm... that's a close-up and a city tank, even if you're in a tier 8 battle, even if it means that two hits will take you down, such is the roll of the dice - might as well be of whatever help you can be). Now if that so happens to mesh with whatever tank I am driving, then you can hang if you wish and if you feel the route I am taking is correct. If you're, say, the other top-tier tank on the team beside me and you feel that your extra gun is needed at the other side (say on a Defense-side of an Assault map), then I'm fine with that.

Likewise, specialty tanks are something that if you platoon with a teammate of a similar or the same tank, they're going to just about always work better together (two AMX 13 75's (which are not to be considered scout tanks 98% of the time), for example or two Type 59's, two IS-8's, etc.). If you platoon up and we agree to run something like those, then I'd expect ultra-aggressiveness, quick-thinking and team work.

Last night when I was in a KV-5 and you were in a KV-2, I'd say you did just fine at doing what your tank was meant to do for that map. The KV-2 cannot hang with the KV-5 through thick incoming fire, but can follow if the KV-5 scouts the way, and it can certainly big a big deterrent in city maps right alongside the KV-5 for around-corner fighting.

---------

I think it's clear that I believe in players knowing their tanks. That can mean spending a little time in training rooms... don't write them off.
It can also mean studying up on the tactics some people throw up on the forums for each specific tank. I read up on the KV-5 for a long while before ever buying one, then read more on it afterward. Same with the T25 AT, same with the 13 75, T1 HT, T29, and probably a few others.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 11:53 AM
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #1740
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,076
TBH, I think we need to stop worrying about running the same tier, and start building platoons that complement each other.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: