Old 07-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #1681
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
yep and yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Abyss
So, you removed the EL hose going into the throttle body & replaced it with a straight hose in a large sweeping radius - otherwise it is a rather tight turn.

Clean install.

Also, did you buy your filter direct from Golan?

Im not quite sure what "EL" hose is. Does that mean formed? you are correct I removed the original hose (It barely had any of a preform to it) and used a length of rubber fuel line. there is plenty of room for a sweeping radius and with it like that it is a cleaner install than original. Plus the wearing issue is gone.

I did buy direct from Golan, you can find them in Gokart race places but didnt want to hunt around. I am about to get one of there gearbox breathers and put it on to keep oil vapor out ofthe FI unit.
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #1682
jtmajors
OCD with motorcycles

Oddometer: 301

Well just saw my first 2013 500 xcw at north Texas KTM. Looked exactly the same as my 12 just different graphics.
jtmajors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #1683
CJ500exc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
filter location

Just a note . With the recent pics of after market filter location before fuel disconnect, any debris introduced into system by removal of quick connect - does not get filtered by large filter, and if oem filters are removed not filtered at all.
CJ500exc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #1684
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ500exc View Post
Just a note . With the recent pics of after market filter location before fuel disconnect, any debris introduced into system by removal of quick connect - does not get filtered by large filter, and if oem filters are removed not filtered at all.
In theory.. you could leave the final stock inline filter in place just to protect from debris introduced when the tank is removed. If the big filter is doing its job, the final filter theoretically will never get clogged. Cheap insurance?

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #1685
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
Yes, Its a switch you can buy from Trail Tech or Sicass Racing. But you plug it in under the seat. There is a plug with a dead end cap on it and it plugs in there. I am actually wondering what the additioanl plugs are behind the headlamp myself.

I live in California and bought the bike out of West Virginia had it shipped here and paid the taxes(was still cheaper than buying it in California out the door). I just received the bike 2 days ago after a 3 week wait to get it here and am in the middle of some major farkling. I did not get to ride the bike before the reprogram but actually gave the mechanic the code number from the Sicass Racing (its noted on the page for the switch) and he got back to me saying that is the euro exc map and that is the only one they can put in and it is the unlock map they use. It was the first time he had done it and took the bike for a test ride after words and said it made a huge difference. I have been riding it around town lately no offroad duty yet and it runs great just the popping on decel, I am doing the desmog kit on it this morning, I will post pics of before and after when I am done.

I am installing the HDB kit with frt and rear led blinkers looks clean and is well built but but I have to figure out how to wire in some resistors to the" blinker on light", The blinkers will only work correctly with the light out of the socket. No ground to the socket so with the light in, and signals on, all four blink like hazard lights(yes I have the led relay) but am not sure how to wire in a resistor to the lamp to stop the flow from going to the other side of the bike. BTW I am not good with electricity and can usually make it work so dont get to technical on me.
HDB has the solid state relays for the LED signals
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #1686
ABYSS
KTM

anything is possibile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ500exc View Post
However I am a compitant mechanic and I beleive I ll take the ever so miniscual risk. For those that dont take a second to clean the connection prior to disconnect and to connect. Geek already has a answer.

Or you can reverse the QD or if I recall correctly the 950 Se oen is straight and us eit and put the filter on the other side. mine is staying the way it is

ABYSS screwed with this post 07-04-2012 at 07:30 AM
Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #1687
jar944
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by avconnect View Post
What guard/dashboard is that? it looks like a mix between HDB and trailtech?
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #1688
ABYSS
KTM

ii beleive

factory KTM in a HWDB protector
Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #1689
ram350
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
fuel tank options

I need 250 KM's range. How is the 13 litre KTM tank as far as range , availability, and fit? What are my other options? I think I read that Acerbis is bringing out one as well.
ram350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #1690
ABYSS
KTM

Geek, I have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
In theory.. you could leave the final stock inline filter in place just to protect from debris introduced when the tank is removed. If the big filter is doing its job, the final filter theoretically will never get clogged. Cheap insurance?

Are you ill?

If I lived where you did on july 4th morning I certainly would not be on ADVRIDER at this time. I would already be out in the woods riding.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #1691
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,582
I'm heading out now.. 8:53 am.

I had to wait for a client to boot a server I had the raid rebuilding overnight on.. if it didn't come up I was giong to have to work today but it came up.. so I'm outta here

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #1692
jar944
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
factory KTM in a HWDB protector
Didn't see it on the HDB site, I'm guessing it's new.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1693
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post
Didn't see it on the HDB site, I'm guessing it's new.
Not on the site yet along with a lot of other things that Paul is making. When I conversed with him a couple weeks ago, the KTM dash protector was out of stock with another run scheduled once the adjustable submount was complete.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #1694
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
HDB has the solid state relays for the LED signals
yes i installed the solid state relay, its the bulb for the signal lamp indicator light causing the problem
Old 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #1695
rides2little
Posts2Little

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
I did some single track in TN this past week and realized how wide my bars are . I've never cut down bar. Anyone done it to their 500 yet? Curious to hear the proper technique and how much ya can nip off?
Get an inexpensive tubing cutter from the hardware store. Much cleaner than a hacksaw and the end will be straight. A small file will clean the inside of the bar up for handguard mounts. Start with a small piece as the bars won't grow back!
rides2little is offline   Reply With Quote