Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #496
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I like the other asshole, Kurt's brother. Massively talented driver.
They are both massively talented, Rowdy probably a bit more so and better at keeping his yap shut. But you don't win a championship in this series without being a great driver!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #497
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 74,238
Interesting that Nationwide ran tandem, but Sprint Cup isn't. Did they make cooling changes to one series but not the other?

I love the way they're running ads. The race is the big picture, the ad is the little picture. Much better than the side-by-side they do in IndyCar, where the race is squeezed into a small box.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #498
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,748
Yawn of a race, did they hit 50% capacity?

How bout the 'dinger? Idiot. Should make silly season sillier.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #499
wxwax
Excited Member

Classic example of why Kurt almost got fired from his current team. With 68 laps to go, he gets impatient, forces himself into the middle to make it three wide in a turn in the middle of a packed field, and then he loses control and hits a couple of cars. Totally unnecessary. James Finch, team owner, says he's wrecked 14 cars so far this season.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #500
larryboy
Paint it black.

Looks like forcing your way up the middle is the only way to pass to me?

Green flag pit stops can't be done by these "drivers"...again. I'd eliminate yellow flag pit stops to make the "racing" interesting.

Come on Johnson, turn left and spin the damn thing. They need to put gravel traps in or something.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #501
wxwax
Excited Member

Poor old Gordon. Running top 3 and in front of any trouble, slows to pit, and gets caught up in somebody else's wreck. After that he's stuck in the middle of the pack and becomes a pinata, gets hit in two more wrecks. Finishes 12th.

I like Stewart, fine with him winning. Couldn't believe he got such a good push that even after losing his draft partner he still had the oomph to get to the front.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #502
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy

How bout the 'dinger? Idiot. Should make silly season sillier.

Anti-histamines?
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #503
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Anti-histamines?

Bad batch of brownies?
Old 07-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #504
RedRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
apparently, before he left the track tonight, he told a reporter that he'd made a bad choice and that he'd have to live with the outcome.

it read that he knew what he'd done, and knew it was outside the rules, and knew that he got caught fair and square.

That's the same phrase he used after his DUI a few years ago.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #505
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
I posted this before,my wife's cousin worked for various truck and Busch teams.He took one his own,but out of date allergy meds,and was gone.NASCAR is tough.
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #506
larryboy
Paint it black.

I've been in the random drug testing pool since 1990, allergy meds don't cause a person to fail a drug test, end of story. We are held to a .04 alc level too. In my mind I give the guy a pass at .08, another ten minutes and he would have been at .07, fine line.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #507
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
whatever drug / chemical he tested positive for, he tested positive at the Kentucky racetrack last weekend.

was it a trace amount of THC leftover from partying a few days earlier? Or was it something "harder"? or something he used at the Kentucky track?

clearly NASCAR didn't expect him to test positive or they would have rushed the testing so they could have banned him earlier in the week and the results weren't part of the media story at a France-owned facility.

Yup, hard to say. I read thru their policy, there's some stuff in there that they can't take even with a prescription. He knew the rules though, no excuse.

Maybe the late banning is part of the NASCAR game? Makes for some drama at a race that has an entirely empty back stretch grandstand.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #508
RedRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I've been in the random drug testing pool since 1990, allergy meds don't cause a person to fail a drug test, end of story. We are held to a .04 alc level too. In my mind I give the guy a pass at .08, another ten minutes and he would have been at .07, fine line.
If you recall the Mayfield story pseudoephedrine is a no-no in any amount shown in a test, so strong allergy meds are not allowed?

I'm not very sympathetic towards his plight. As much as I enjoy imbibing the odd thing, I'd have no trouble following the straight and narrow if Roger Penske let me drive his racecar, let alone pay me for it. In addition, he'd already been through a similar situation 3 years ago. I wouldn't waste an opportunity like that.

RedRocket screwed with this post 07-08-2012 at 03:22 PM
Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #509
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
If you recall the Mayfield story pseudoephedrine is a no-no in any amount shown in a test, so strong allergy meds are not allowed?
I recall the Mayfield drug to be meth.

I don't understand how somebody can't stay on the straight and narrow at that level? Idiots.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #510
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
But to find out 1 driver out of 43, or about 3% of the drivers, is doing something ... that doesn't surprise me.

True, it has happened at places I've worked and it baffles me how a guy throws away 85k a year to puff the peace pipe.