Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #20416
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crushed View Post
I really do see what you mean now for sure. I didn't spend much time on this one other than uploading it. It does take a little time to get it right. The other thing I didn't do was any commentary during the ride. I didn't think about it at the time. Guess I was too busy trying to keep the bike on at least one or two wheels at all time.... Below is the link to Part 2... Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/p6MUCdTxTIY
Very nice video, I got to get over that way. Where is Brock's landing? Got any *.gpx from that area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwoman View Post
I love my KTM 200EXC...I just wish it had a tag and I didn't have to mix the gas!
Please.

If you ain't mixin' gas, you ain't haulin' ass.

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK

halmc screwed with this post 07-11-2012 at 05:03 AM
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #20417
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 2,067
Truck could be yours

Buy my truck and I promise to ride my 300EXC back to Tallahassee when I bring the truck to YOU!

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #20418
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxzenn View Post
love the video....so these 300's to 450's get to third gear at times?
I can tell you that my 530 get's to 4th and 5th gear!
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #20419
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,944
n00b flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
I can tell you that my 530 get's to 4th and 5th gear!
But you ride mostly 6th gear pinned!

Honestly I am totally confused with the n00bs that have come on board these last two weeks. Hatch brough in a couple of new to dirt guys, then two more old timers, then a couple of in between guys, and a husband and wife GS team...

We should have a n00b ride to introduce everyone!

What say you new guys? When and where? BlackWater may be the best place to start out since it doent have the SAND of Eglin.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #20420
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 446
I'm in......
Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #20421
TrAiL-SnAiL
n00b

Oddometer: 7
nOOb ride!

Rock on guys.. I am definitely in, currently trying to get OnTheBoils bike back on the trail... waiting for his Scott's mesh filters to come in from Turn-One, should be in Friday hopefully. As for me I have just done my break-in change done for mines ...rides like a dream now with Motul in it. Blackwater would prob. be the best bet, we still need to get our Eglin passes... I will get with OTB and see when we might get a ride together.. The unfortunate part is I usually have weekdays off instead weekends so if its gonna be a ride on the END, ill need to know so I can request it off. Keep me posted as I will to the same. Thanks guys for considering the Greens...lol and Remember: "Brakes are for quitters!"
TrAiL-SnAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #20422
Orange Crushed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
Very nice video, I got to get over that way. Where is Brock's landing? Got any *.gpx from that area?

Please.

If you ain't mixin' gas, you ain't haulin' ass.
Thanks!, Brox Landing is off of Highway 87 between Highway 98 and Interstate 10. You can refer to post #1 on this thread for better directions.... I personally don't have any .gpx tracks but I bet someone on this thread might have a few....
Orange Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #20423
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

I have a full enduro from Jeffs helmet cam from way back in VHS days....[/QUOTE]

I can put that on a DVD for you...
Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #20424
Vico1
The Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
I have a full enduro from Jeffs helmet cam from way back in VHS days....

I can put that on a DVD for you...[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will take you up on that offer. Now if I can find it?

This was nothing produced... it was just Jeff riding an enduro with a new fangled thing called a helmet camera.

I will find it and keep it in my truck...

As these guys know I have lots of old 60s and 70s converted from 8mm to DVD. No sound of course...

They are fun to watch at campouts and Fests...

Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #20425
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post

Honestly I am totally confused with the n00bs that have come on board these last two weeks. Hatch brough in a couple of new to dirt guys, then two more old timers, then a couple of in between guys, and a husband and wife GS team...

What say you new guys? When and where? BlackWater may be the best place to start out since it doent have the SAND of Eglin.
I want in but I wont be home until the 18th ..
Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #20426
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 800
Thumb Eglin afb

PAR FF's, noobs, and lowly lurkers:

To all who may or may not give a shizz: My line of work brings me in contact with some interesting stuff occasionally. Some of you are probably already aware of some of these facts, but reading this today just reinforced for me:

a. why we are lucky as hell to be able to ride the sh-ite out of Eglin; b. why the rules are so particular about not cutting new trails--and staying on the existing "roads", etc.; and c. just what a rare jewel that stretch of real estate is... just IMHO:

"Eglin Air Force Base (AFB) is a major research, development, test and evaluation and training area for national defense. This important national asset covers a large expanse of land--724 square miles-- and includes control of 86,000 square miles of air space and water range in the Gulf of Mexico. Eglin is the largest forested military base in the world consisting of approximately 464, 000 acres in Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties in northwest Florida.

The Base is considered to be one of the largest and most important public land holdings in the southeast United States. It contains an unique assemblages of plants and animals, including several species and subspecies found nowhere else. The terrain consists of rolling sand hill ridges dissected by numerous clear, cool perennial seepage streams which total approximately 600 miles and include some of the highest quality steephead creeks in the southeast.

The most prominent natural community type (78%) on Eglin is the sandhills with excessively drained sands which are generally strongly acidic and low in natural fertility and organic content. The xeric uplands sandhill association is dominated by an overstory of scattered longleaf pine with an understory of turkey oaks, bluejacks, sand post oaks and live oaks. Rare plant species include southern three-awned grass (Aristida simpliciflora), toothed savory (clamintha dentata), and pineland hoary pea (Tephrosia mohrii).

Much of this association has been affected by early naval stores, logging, and fire control practices which severely reduced the pine overstory and led to encroachment by sand pine and various scrub oaks.

Eglin is considered to be the largest intact sandhill ecosystem in the southeast and is thought to possess the largest contiguous old growth longleaf pine forest remaining in the world. Eglin's sandhill ecosystem supports the world's fourth largest population of red-cockaded woodpeckers, 95% of the entire range of the endangered Okaloosa darter, the only known population of the endangered lichen Cladonia perforata and , because of the soil structure, supports an extremely high diversity of rare herpetofauna.

In addition to the sandhill community, Eglin includes almost half of the currently recognized 83 natural communities in Florida, making the base a tremendously important area for preserving biodiversity. There are over 47 taxa of rare plants found on the base including two which are almost exclusively restricted to Eglin. The Base also contains 20 miles of pristine barrier islands along the Gulf of Mexico which provides habitat for numerous rare species. Eglin's barrier island supports the largest intact population of beach mice in northwest Florida and 53% of the entire state's population of threatened snowy plover (a bird). In addition, Eglin's beaches provide nesting areas for loggerhead and green sea turtles and serve as an important rest area for neotropical migratory birds.
"

So basically, it would definitely behoove us to maintain the high standards that the ADV folks are known for out there (I am not kidding) by the authorities. I know several of us have had this conversation before, especially the more senior (in tenure in ADV) riders here...

So FBM, stop harassing (and molesting) the beach mice and herpetofauna-- (that is not an acceptable use of duct tape...ohh wait that was the gerbils...)
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...

skid=mark screwed with this post 07-11-2012 at 05:54 PM Reason: typo
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #20427
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Vico1,cool! I have a pretty big dvd library myself.. I remember being about 4 or 5 and going to races watching dad flattrack. I have a box of 8mm "family" movies in my closet with those races somewhere in em. Makes me wanna go dig em out! I still have the original Bell & Howell film projector........

waysherr screwed with this post 07-11-2012 at 06:08 PM
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #20428
Vico1
The Maestro

Great stuff Skid

We are blessed to be able to ride this "largest intact sandhill" in the southeast...

Its a bitch at times ... but who aint...

With all the n00bs coming on board we should mention that we have some great riding areas in Eglin and BW and we dont want to screw that up by breaking the rules.... (the big ones anyway).

I ask that everyone who rides Eglin have a valid permit. It not too much to ask, and it really is for your own good. And if you ride there enough you WILL be stopped.

Ive been stopped at least 20 times and even know lots of the Patrol. ADV Riders have a good rep at Eglin and we would like to keep it.

Please stay out of the clay pits. We all love em, but they are all off limits and you can spot the bike knobby tack a mile away. Yes trucks and 4 wheelers go in some of them but thats their problem not ours. I have had this discussion with the Range Patrol several times.

Looking forward to riding with you guys.

Im only gonna ride one day this weekend but I dont care which... whats best for all...

If some are going to Karick lake we migh have a big ride from there on Sunday???

Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #20429
Jaxxzenn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post

just wondering about mph on those tree lined, sand riden trails in the last video.....yep I'm scared
Old 07-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #20430
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
huh?

?

freebornman screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 06:43 PM
freebornman is offline   Reply With Quote