Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb223 View Post
Nothing...until it stops working.

And the parts plus labor is 1/4 - 1/3 the value of the bike.

Thus alternatives are sought.
So it brings me back to my question, can a NON-SERVO unit sub in the place of a SERVO unit?????

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #17
Galloglaich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Hello,not without somework and a bit of thought,but not the end of the world.In the Haynes (uk) manual there is a seperate wiring diagram for the infinitively better 1100 ABS system,the front and rear sensors are the same,stop switches I think would be the problem,parts cheap here and there must be a lot of destroyed US 1100s ps sensor the same,connector to the wiring loom different,2 wires,no problem,and for infinitively read infinetly(or something like that)

Galloglaich screwed with this post 01-20-2011 at 12:43 PM
Galloglaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #18
Galloglaich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
come on!,ABS......
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
holckster
dougholck

Oddometer: 775
Maybe check with this guy and see if he wants to expand his line of ABS repairs.
http://www.absfixer.com/catalog/index.php

04 BMW 1150GS Adventure
08 DR650
02 BMW K1200LTe
05 Yamaha TW200
BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

holckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #20
jsb223
ADV Rookie

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave-gs View Post
So it brings me back to my question, can a NON-SERVO unit sub in the place of a SERVO unit?????
If there is ANY communication between the ABS and the motoronic I would think not...
jsb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #21
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb223 View Post
If there is ANY communication between the ABS and the motoronic I would think not...
Not that I know of...I have heard of the conversion to none servo but not seen it...Servo failure is my only nighmare with my 1150...
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
Bikerboy108
Pat from Jersey

Oddometer: 923
Tyler at modulemaster.com repairs them
Old 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
tjt94
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestaino View Post
Tyler at modulemaster.com repairs them
Not only does he repair them, you will get a 5 year warranty. He redid my ABS-II this spring and it has worked flawlessly since. I paid them $250 for the job as opposed to $2500 to BMW.
tjt94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #24
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjt94 View Post
Not only does he repair them, you will get a 5 year warranty. He redid my ABS-II this spring and it has worked flawlessly since. I paid them $250 for the job as opposed to $2500 to BMW.

I haven't had any issues yet but Im bookmarking that site!
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #25
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
You may be in luck. Here's the deal. The intrigal ABS module is dead on my R1100S. I sent it to module master who fixed up some of the issues with it. But still dies when it's hot. I found a used one at beemer bone yard yesterday for a different model @ $700. That would require me having the ABS computer reprogrammed. Both BMW dealers here in the Seattle area can't do it. I guess BMW doesn't support that program any more for the dealers data base.

SO.

1) You can send it Module Master

or

2) Contact your dealer and find out if they can reprogram a used one

or

3) Get a used one, swap the computer on yours over to the used one (and here's where you may be in luck), Since my computer side is pretty much dead, but the pump side works. I may be willing to sell you the module and you can put your computer on it.

PM me if you want to try that. If any one thinks this won't work, chime in. But I don't see why it wouldn't.

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #26
Steptoe
steptoe

Oddometer: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave-gs View Post
Very simple - You have to change the whole wiring loom, both brake switches, wheel abs rings, certain sections of brake line and many other incidental parts. But you can still use the same brake calipers.

And if your bike is a twin spark you're goosed. As they never made an ABS only twin spark bike and the wiring looms aren't interchangable between single and twin spark ignition (plus the switch gear and plenty of other switches use different end plugs). .
Old 07-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #27
tjt94
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by batoutoflahonda View Post
You may be in luck. Here's the deal. The intrigal ABS module is dead on my R1100S. I sent it to module master who fixed up some of the issues with it. But still dies when it's hot. I found a used one at beemer bone yard yesterday for a different model @ $700. That would require me having the ABS computer reprogrammed. Both BMW dealers here in the Seattle area can't do it. I guess BMW doesn't support that program any more for the dealers data base.

SO.

1) You can send it Module Master

or

2) Contact your dealer and find out if they can reprogram a used one

or

3) Get a used one, swap the computer on yours over to the used one (and here's where you may be in luck), Since my computer side is pretty much dead, but the pump side works. I may be willing to sell you the module and you can put your computer on it.

PM me if you want to try that. If any one thinks this won't work, chime in. But I don't see why it wouldn't.

When did you send it to Module Master? They were having issues until early this spring. Mine was a heat related failure issue that proved to be bad solder joints on the circuit board. Tyler found the solution, repaired the board, and all well. He said they were having problems with some units before that were a little elusive to diagnosis.
tjt94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #28
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
I just got it back a couple weeks ago. Mine is heat related, no faults until the bike warms up. Then the speedometer sweeps and the ABS faults with a "rear speed sensor" message. I talked to him the other day about it and asked if he could put it in an oven and let it heat soak. He didn't seem to sure about it. The bike has been down since last fall as the ABS unit had 8 volts on the case which was shorting out the CDI and keeping the bike from running.. Took me a while to sort out what was going on, and honestly, I was tired of f-ing with it. I was not aware he had complete boards. That may have worked. Wonder how you replace the board and not reprogram it? I'll bet the program is proprietary and no way is BMW giving up that nugget.

I was planning on sending the busted one back to him and letting him screw around with it as the more exposure to these units his shop gains, the better we will all be. Then just keep it as a spare or sell it.

The sad part is it's priced at the point where it is cheaper to replace it than to buy a new bike. And it's going to be hard to sell a broken bike with a 3k repair bill attached. But, since the thing is down, you could always take this time to put a chip in it, pipe, lennies sprockets and modify the intake. Make a new bike. One door closes, another opens. That's what I did any way.

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.

batoutoflahonda screwed with this post 07-13-2012 at 09:42 AM
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,325
I had to graft a new (used) hydro unit to my GS's brain to fix mine 2 years ago. At first I put the RS unit in straight in but it would not reset. Then I went to the dealer (I have a friend....) and we dinked with it for quite a while. There is an option in the BMW maintenance computer to re-calibrate the module so it works on different bikes, but apparently not all units will respond,,, possibly due to slightly different inputs between the RS and GS. the long/short is the hydro was replaced & works trouble free ever since.

y2K with ABSII
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote