User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #76
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
Thanks Tony, and man that was a great ride on the 500 man congrats!!!
Thanks brotha! I hope we all have similar luck in November.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #77
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Hey all back in the states now, the shoulder is doing OK but not as fast as I would like. Going to the doc today and starting some rehab, I hope that will help it get better quicker. We will be in Baja the end of the first week of Aug. we will see how that works on the shoulder.

I got an email from Alex at Konflict Motorsports and he was wanting to help us out for the Baja He is going to be getting our suspension just right for us, and I don't think that is going to be to easy. The teams riders experience levels has about as big a gap as you can get. Ed has been racing the Baja for about 30 years, Randy and I have been riding that long but have never been to the Baja, and Scott is a newer rider Alex has his work cutout for him but talking to a bunch of people he is the man to do it!! A big thanks to Konflictmotorsports.com

Man it was hot in Ga. today 106 so I had to get an AC after that Rocco started feeling better
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #78
RoadHawg14
CRASH

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
Hey all back in the states now, the shoulder is doing OK but not as fast as I would like. Going to the doc today and starting some rehab, I hope that will help it get better quicker. We will be in Baja the end of the first week of Aug. we will see how that works on the shoulder.

I got an email from Alex at Konflict Motorsports and he was wanting to help us out for the Baja He is going to be getting our suspension just right for us, and I don't think that is going to be to easy. The teams riders experience levels has about as big a gap as you can get. Ed has been racing the Baja for about 30 years, Randy and I have been riding that long but have never been to the Baja, and Scott is a newer rider Alex has his work cutout for him but talking to a bunch of people he is the man to do it!! A big thanks to Konflictmotorsports.com

Man it was hot in Ga. today 106 so I had to get an AC after that Rocco started feeling better
Where are you located in GA? Would love to help out in the cause
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safly in a pretty and well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, Thoroughly used up, Totally Worn Out and Loudly Proclaiming - WOW - WHAT A RIDE!
RoadHawg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #79
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHawg14 View Post
Where are you located in GA? Would love to help out in the cause
Hey RoadHawg, I am in Thomaston Ga. about 30 miles east of Lagrange. We could use all the help we can get trying to make our goal for the Wounded Warriors, by getting the word out to everyone. Think about it, if we could get half of the people on ADV to put in one dollar we would donate over $750,000 dollars for them. We are also needing help with the T-shirts to help us cover some of the cost of getting to the Baja. Thank you for the offer to help, if you have any ideas on how we could make our goal please PM me post on this or send me an email to Brett@raceforthewounded.com

Thanks,
Brett
Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #80
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Got our race lights in from Cyclops today Darryl from Cyclops jumped on board to help us out with the lighting for the Baja, Thank you Darryl!!! Now I just need to get everything sorted before the pre pre ride in Aug.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #81
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 866
Alex at Konflict helped me out last year get my suspension dialed for V2R and Baja. He should get that bike smooth sailing...
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #82
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
Alex at Konflict helped me out last year get my suspension dialed for V2R and Baja. He should get that bike smooth sailing...
The great part about Konflict is Alex took a look at this thread and sent me an email wanting to help us out. You have to love a company that will go out of it's way in this economy giving back to our Warriors that have given so much for us. I have got some PM's from people telling me how good he is at dialing it in so I have no doubt that it will be better then anything that I have ever been on.

Ed gave him a call and talked to him about what they thought would be the best way to set it up and that is good enough for me. Suspension is nothing more then VOODOO to me, I have never even given it a try.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #83
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Oddometer: 120
New Blog up on the site

I just posted up a new team blog on the website. It's been too long since I sent one of those out. I was really hoping to post one up a week but work keeps on getting in the way. There is some exciting upcoming events and fund raisers that we're hosting. We're very excited about it.

I'll be home from work in about 10 days and I'll be hitting the ground running. Lots of training and lots of fund raising.

Check out what we've been up to.

http://www.raceforthewounded.com/category/blog/

We're so thankful for everyone's support on this.

Scott
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #84
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Man more bad news today!!!! Ed our ringer isn't going to be able to ride on the team due to personal things going on!! The good news is he is still part of the team and is going to keep helping us however he can. It looks as if Allan is getting bumped from chase truck to Rider The silver lining is that Allan is another ringer for us He has been racing with Ed and a few others on ADV for a long time in Baja so we will be leaning on him just like we were Ed.

Other stuff that is going on is the pre ride in Baja that we will be doing early Aug. Should be a good time and will be the first time that we all get to meet face to face. It looks like all of the riders are going to make the trip so we will keep all of you posted and get some video and pics up for you when we get back.

I went in for the MRI today on my shoulder, I should have the results in about 24 hrs. I hope that it is all good or I will be in a chase truck for the pre ride.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #85
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
Let me know if I can help out!!
Ed knows my backgroud.
Would love to put in a few miles on your race bike!!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #86
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Let me know if I can help out!!
Ed knows my backgroud.
Would love to put in a few miles on your race bike!!
Right now we got it with Allan, but you never know how life is with all the curveballs!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #87
Lobster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Great Idea

Team,

Just bought a T Shirt to help support. I love the idea. Best of luck to all of you and hope you all remain safe.

A fellow inmate and I tried to do something similar years ago... We tried to organize a ride in the Dakar to help raise money for Leader Dogs for the Blind. Our effort never got any traction and stalled out basically right after we got started. We never even got sponsor #1. I hope with the support of ADV you guys will do much better. (We didn't know of ADV at time time.)
Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #88
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
Team,

Just bought a T Shirt to help support. I love the idea. Best of luck to all of you and hope you all remain safe.

A fellow inmate and I tried to do something similar years ago... We tried to organize a ride in the Dakar to help raise money for Leader Dogs for the Blind. Our effort never got any traction and stalled out basically right after we got started. We never even got sponsor #1. I hope with the support of ADV you guys will do much better. (We didn't know of ADV at time time.)
Hey Lobster - I just received your shirt order. Thanks!! We'll get it shipped out to you asap.

We're amazed how much support we've received on this endeavor. I'm sorry to hear that your Dakar project stalled out on you. There's always next year!

Thanks again!
Scott

wittyusername screwed with this post 07-20-2012 at 08:32 AM
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #89
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
Team,

Thanks for the support Lobster!! Man the Dakar is big big money man, that is my along with most peoples #1 on the bucket list!! No way we could ever have the money for that unless my Redneck retirement plan works, "I win the Lotto"
I had no idea how the cost would get so high on this, when we started. Just like a Baja Noob to think that it would be something like racing WERA.....Hell I can just put everything in the truck and drive down race and drive home....What a JACKA$$ I had no idea, but I will tell you without Ed, Allan, AirborneAndy, and John we would never be where we are right now with this. Not to mention the support we have been getting from the guy like you on ADV. Thanks agin and I hope that you try the Dakar thing again man, I would gladly go with you and help support!!

Brett
Old 07-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #90
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,519
Just ordered a shirt. 8.5 years in the Marines. I will be doing the same with wounded warriors next year (or sooner)
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote