Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #286
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
What's Patsie letting you take a peek at??

Vinduroman
Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #287
crampfan
not really a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
What's Patsie letting you take a peek at??

Vinduroman
antiques mostly
crampfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #288
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by crampfan View Post
Patsies Peek is open again (just north of Ozone on hwy 21) new owners / new menu. pretty good food, nice people.
Been by there more times then I can count and never stopped in. Are they still only open on weekends only?
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #289
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 465
White River Cafe

Don't know if I should list this or not... I ate there a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed but...

My wife and I ate at the White River Cafe in Calico Rock this past Saturday and it was darn good. I played it safe and just had a plain cheeseburger while my wife opted for the chicken fried steak sandwich and steak fries. Dang, both were absolutely great! Don't know if we were there on a good day or what. I'm not sure if it's the same people (management) that was there before and maybe some of the local guys could enlighten me. Anyway, just north of downtown on Highway 56 on the left heading north. We'll be up there again in a couple of weeks so I'll see if it's consistent.

Greg
Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #290
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid View Post
Don't know if I should list this or not... I ate there a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed but...

My wife and I ate at the White River Cafe in Calico Rock this past Saturday and it was darn good. I played it safe and just had a plain cheeseburger while my wife opted for the chicken fried steak sandwich and steak fries. Dang, both were absolutely great! Don't know if we were there on a good day or what. I'm not sure if it's the same people (management) that was there before and maybe some of the local guys could enlighten me. Anyway, just north of downtown on Highway 56 on the left heading north. We'll be up there again in a couple of weeks so I'll see if it's consistent.

Greg
If it's still open, check out Don Quixotes in Calico. It's on Hwy 5 just before you cross the tracks. Food was tasty and the pastries are over the top.
What weekend ya coming back? Maybe the Missus and I could join ya. We'll be out of town the next two weekends, in Houston for family stuff.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #291
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 465
Well darn, we'll be there camping at Dam-Quarry the weekend after Memorial Day. We may still go and check out Don Quixote's... I believe I've seen that place. My wife will want to do Fred's Fish House while we're there too.

I'm up that way quite a bit. We were up there checking the camping situation out near Sylamore on Saturday in my wife's car, then I rode my bike back up to Salem (Sturkie) to watch the hare scramble on Sunday. Rode around down toward Horseshoe Bend to see if their old riding area was still there.

If you're down in Houston, you need to eat at Pappadeaux's Seafood Restaurant if you haven't already. That is my absolute favorite place. The crawfish etoufee is out of this world!

Greg
Old 05-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #292
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid View Post
Well darn, we'll be there camping at Dam-Quarry the weekend after Memorial Day. We may still go and check out Don Quixote's... I believe I've seen that place. My wife will want to do Fred's Fish House while we're there too.

I'm up that way quite a bit. We were up there checking the camping situation out near Sylamore on Saturday in my wife's car, then I rode my bike back up to Salem (Sturkie) to watch the hare scramble on Sunday. Rode around down toward Horseshoe Bend to see if their old riding area was still there.

If you're down in Houston, you need to eat at Pappadeaux's Seafood Restaurant if you haven't already. That is my absolute favorite place. The crawfish etoufee is out of this world!

Greg
Pappadeaux's is just about a mile from my Moms house, we've eaten there often. And you're right, great food. The etoufee is good, though not as good as momma's. lol. I'm from south Louisiana originally.

If y'all are camping at Quarry Park then run up 177 towards Jordan and check out Roscoe's. A bit on the pricey side for a country restaurant but really good food. Fred's Fish House is mighty good but get there early, they fill up quick on weekends.Try the Cajun seasoned grilled catfish. Also, check out the Blu PIg BBQ on 62E as you head towards Freds. Reasonable que and there's generally someone playing music on weekends.
If you make it into Mtn View sometime check out Tommy's Famous Pizza. It's off 66 just past the square. Well worth the visit. And then there's Cody's in Fifty-Six on Hwy 14 headed west from Allison. Honest to goodness home cookin' with great homemade pies.

Doggone, I've gone and made myself hungry...

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #293
k1w1t1m
Kiwi

Oddometer: 897
I have to put in a good word for Angler's in a couple of miles west of Eureka Springs. Great catfish and excellent service. The price is a little high but it's about the only place to get a catfish meal for Sunday dinner.

'01 BMW R1150GS
k1w1t1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #294
Helipilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Nice cafe in Perryville

Just had a great lunch at the Mustang Sally cafe in Perryville at 303 W. Main St. (501) 889-1501. Open 11 AM to 9 PM daily. Call for Sunday hours. My wife and I rode up Hwy 10 and then West on Hwy 60 with a stop at the Cafe. Good food and reasonable prices with a friendly atmosphere. Originally opened in 1924. Didn't take our camera so no pictures Sorry.
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #295
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1w1t1m View Post
I have to put in a good word for Angler's in a couple of miles west of Eureka Springs. Great catfish and excellent service. The price is a little high but it's about the only place to get a catfish meal for Sunday dinner.
What hwy? Thanks.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #296
k1w1t1m
Kiwi

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
What hwy? Thanks.
Hwy 62 from Rogers

I think the Catfish Cabin on the East side of ES (also on Hwy 62) has better catfish but are a little more expensive. Unfortunately they are not open for Sunday dinner.

'01 BMW R1150GS

k1w1t1m screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 03:12 PM
k1w1t1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #297
Gabby1951
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
The Smokehouse in Eureka Springs

I hate to report that The Smokehouse in Eureka Springs is closed. After Guido Balzumati died in 2009, his step-daughter, Heidi Best, took over the cooking and management. They were hit hard by the recession and, like numerous other businesses in ES, closed. Heidi passed away several months ago of a brain aneurysm.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #298
Gabby1951
Adventurer

A couple more for the list

Cotham's Mercantile, 5301 Hwy 161 S, Scott, AR--The home of the monstrous Hubcap Hamburger and the best onion rings you'll ever put in your mouth! Cotham's originally opened as a general store in 1917, and the interior of the place hasn't change much in almost 100 years. They also serve tasty plate lunches.

Craig's BBQ, Hwy 70, DeVall's Bluff, AR. Hwy 70 is the 2-lane highway that runs almost parallel with I-40 between Little Rock and Memphis, and is a much better ride than the freeway. It's a pokey little place with just a few tables inside, but the BBQ is to die for! A warning, however. You'll be asked if you want mild, medium or hot. The mild is spicy, the medium is very spicy and the hot will take the chrome off your pipes.

If you have any room after eating your sandwich, step across the highway to Mary Thomas' pie shop for one of her delicious fried pies.

Bon appetit, y'all!! :-)
Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #299
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1951 View Post
Cotham's Mercantile, 5301 Hwy 161 S, Scott, AR--The home of the monstrous Hubcap Hamburger and the best onion rings you'll ever put in your mouth! Cotham's originally opened as a general store in 1917, and the interior of the place hasn't change much in almost 100 years. They also serve tasty plate lunches.

Craig's BBQ, Hwy 70, DeVall's Bluff, AR. Hwy 70 is the 2-lane highway that runs almost parallel with I-40 between Little Rock and Memphis, and is a much better ride than the freeway. It's a pokey little place with just a few tables inside, but the BBQ is to die for! A warning, however. You'll be asked if you want mild, medium or hot. The mild is spicy, the medium is very spicy and the hot will take the chrome off your pipes.

If you have any room after eating your sandwich, step across the highway to Mary Thomas' pie shop for one of her delicious fried pies.

Bon appetit, y'all!! :-)
Thank you Sir, excellent info.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #300
Gabby1951
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Thank you Sir, excellent info.
::ahem:: That would be Ma'am...and you're most welcome.