ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #871
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
Does the sastec back protector thats recommended for the turbine / tornado fit into the airwave jacket? I know revzilla recommends the knox back protector as the upgrade for the airwave, but the sastec sounds better.
Hey NMEXPAT,

The SaS-Tec will have to be modified to put it in the Airwave. I actually suggest one of the Forcefield back protectors over the SaS-Tec armor. It is lighter, more flexible, flows air and doesn't need to be cut down to fit. Forcefield offers both a CE Level 1 version and a CE Level 2 version. Check out our site for more details.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #872
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NMEXPAT's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Houston
Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hey NMEXPAT,

The SaS-Tec will have to be modified to put it in the Airwave. I actually suggest one of the Forcefield back protectors over the SaS-Tec armor. It is lighter, more flexible, flows air and doesn't need to be cut down to fit. Forcefield offers both a CE Level 1 version and a CE Level 2 version. Check out our site for more details.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thanks for the answer. I went to the website and looked at the forcefield back protectors, even watched the video. I must be missing something about the Forcefield backpad insert pro, but which type, A or B, fits into the airwave pocket? Which size fits in an airwave 3XL? I can't figure it out.
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #873
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
You got me fair and square, Anthony. Nice vid, and props to you for taking the time to make it.

Maybe I should have gone with a 50 in the Rebel, but there is no way my upper body is as Hulked-out as yours, so I figured I could go smaller. At least you admit the upper arms run tight. That may be the style of the jacket, but it's not a style I like. The tightness in the Rebel sleeves is way different from anything I've felt in a leather jacket, or even a leather track suit, before. If a jacket has this tight-armed style, it would be very helpful to focus on that point in the review video, so people who want that kind of fit can go for it, and people who don't can steer clear.

As a man of my word, I will now buy a jacket of equal or greater value from Revzilla. I have narrowed it down to these two choices:

(1) The Dainese Tourage Vintage leather jacket, in size 50 (which I've already tried on in a store, so I know it fits me well):



... or ...

(2) The Rev'it Horizon HV Energy jacket:



Yes, these are two totally different jackets for different purposes. I'm just concerned about getting the best fit. I like my jackets to have a close fit, not tight but not baggy. The only reason I'm not sure about the Horizon is that it doesn't come in numbered sizes, only letter sizes like S, M, L, and so forth, which are less precise. Could you hear me out and give me some advice on how the Horizon would fit? Here's the details:

-- I'm 5'8" and a half, a size 33 waist in jeans, and my chest measurement is just under 40 inches.

-- My arms are probably about average length for my size. Jacket sleeves are more likely to run a bit long on me than a bit short.

-- I fit very well into a size 50 in the Rev'it Turbine jacket. I tried on a 52 Turbine and I could still wear it, but it was kind of baggy and the sleeves were a bit long.

-- I tried on a 50 Rev'it Tornado and it fits pretty well, but a bit looser than the Turbine. I bet I could wear a 48 in the Tornado, but I haven't tried one on to make sure.

-- Except for the tight sleeves, the Rebel mostly fits me pretty well in a size 48, although the width across the shoulders is a bit narrow for me. I am kind of broad in the shoulders, although not like a bodybuilder or anything.

-- I tried on a size M in the Rev'it Sand jacket, and felt it was definitely too tight.

In the Horizon video, you say the Horizon is a new, roomier, more "American" cut, and you can go a size smaller than you would have in previous Rev'it jackets. I haven't had the chance to try on a Horizon, so I can't say for sure if this means I would fit well into an M, and an L would be baggy and long-sleeved on me. Or would an M still be too tight, like the Sand, and I would be more of an L? If it turns out that I'm between sizes in the Horizon and can't get a really good fit, I would just go with the Dainese Tourage instead, or maybe a Dainese textile jacket in size 50.

Sorry to run on so long, but I want to get this one right! Thanks.
Hi Guy,

You have lots of questions and I will try to address them as best I can in this format, but it would be worth giving us a call if you have the time. The in-depth nature of your questions and comparison across different genres of gear should be addressed in a conversation.
My first reaction is to suggest going with what you know works for you and purchase the Dainese Tourage Jacket in size 50. Given the differences in fit across the model years and type of gear in the REV'IT! collection you've referenced, it might be cost prohibitive for international shipping and / or returns. Unfortunately, the REV'IT! Horizon does not fit like any other REV'IT! product you mentioned you've tried on previously, so fit might be tricky to determine. Based off what you have stated, I would recommend a size Medium in the Horizon, as it fits larger than the Sand Jacket.
In addition, the Horizon is geared towards cooler weather riding, as the waterproofing is fixed in this jacket. If you are looking for something for year-round use, this might be a little warm in the heat of summer, especially if you live in a humid climate.
As I previously mentioned, I personally am available to chat if you would like to discuss further. I am well versed in the REV'IT! collection and would be happy to help you make a selection.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #874
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
Thanks for the answer. I went to the website and looked at the forcefield back protectors, even watched the video. I must be missing something about the Forcefield backpad insert pro, but which type, A or B, fits into the airwave pocket? Which size fits in an airwave 3XL? I can't figure it out.
Hey NMEXPAT,

Determining back protector sizing can be tricky. The REV'IT! Airwave uses a Knox TP2 shape for jackets sizes L-3XL, which Forcefield offers in 2 versions. If you would like a CE Level 1 back protector, you would need the Forcefield Sport Lite Back Protector Insert in Type B, size Small. If you prefer a CE Level 2 back protector, you would need the Forcefield Back Protector Insert Pr​o in Type B, size Small.
You are also welcome to give our Gear Geeks a call if you have any additional questions. We all know the Forcefield line well.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #875
Phat Ham
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: DC
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hey NMEXPAT,

Determining back protector sizing can be tricky. The REV'IT! Airwave uses a Knox TP2 shape for jackets sizes L-3XL, which Forcefield offers in 2 versions. If you would like a CE Level 1 back protector, you would need the Forcefield Sport Lite Back Protector Insert in Type B, size Small. If you prefer a CE Level 2 back protector, you would need the Forcefield Back Protector Insert Pr​o in Type B, size Small.
You are also welcome to give our Gear Geeks a call if you have any additional questions. We all know the Forcefield line well.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
What will work for a Revit Airwave size Small jacket? And while we're at it, do you have anything that will fit a Firstgear TPG Teton size small?
Phat Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #876
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor
 
Guy Jinbaiquerre's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi Guy,

You have lots of questions and I will try to address them as best I can in this format, but it would be worth giving us a call if you have the time. The in-depth nature of your questions and comparison across different genres of gear should be addressed in a conversation.
My first reaction is to suggest going with what you know works for you and purchase the Dainese Tourage Jacket in size 50. Given the differences in fit across the model years and type of gear in the REV'IT! collection you've referenced, it might be cost prohibitive for international shipping and / or returns. Unfortunately, the REV'IT! Horizon does not fit like any other REV'IT! product you mentioned you've tried on previously, so fit might be tricky to determine. Based off what you have stated, I would recommend a size Medium in the Horizon, as it fits larger than the Sand Jacket.
In addition, the Horizon is geared towards cooler weather riding, as the waterproofing is fixed in this jacket. If you are looking for something for year-round use, this might be a little warm in the heat of summer, especially if you live in a humid climate.
As I previously mentioned, I personally am available to chat if you would like to discuss further. I am well versed in the REV'IT! collection and would be happy to help you make a selection.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thanks, Ali, I'll be giving you a call so I can make up my mind. I've started looking at some of the Dainese textile jackets, too, since maybe those will give me the good fit of the Tourage, plus Gore-tex (which the Rev'it Horizon does not have). Looking forward to sorting everything out with you on the phone.
__________________
IBA # 42657
96 Honda XR250 Baja
09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #877
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor
 
Guy Jinbaiquerre's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Oddometer: 1,222
Anthony and Ali,

I followed through today and ordered the Horizon jacket from Revzilla. Although I called up your customer service guys and got their advice on sizing (medium), I got a large and a medium just to be 100% sure, and will send back the one that doesn't fit, thanks to your awesome returns policy.

If you guys ever invent a virtual-reality hologram machine that lets you try on clothes over the Internet, you will rule the world.

Cheers,
Guy
__________________
IBA # 42657
96 Honda XR250 Baja
09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #878
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Guy, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. A video is worth a million (dollars spent on revzilla.com)



Two wheels down,

Anthony
Don't trust him, Guy. I think he swapped the tags
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #879
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Don't trust him, Guy. I think he swapped the tags
I know I talk fast but I am not this guy....



The tags were intact.



Anthony
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #880
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
I know I talk fast but I am not this guy....



The tags were intact.



Anthony
Hey that's service man. Impressed.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #881
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
Anthony and Ali,

I followed through today and ordered the Horizon jacket from Revzilla. Although I called up your customer service guys and got their advice on sizing (medium), I got a large and a medium just to be 100% sure, and will send back the one that doesn't fit, thanks to your awesome returns policy.

If you guys ever invent a virtual-reality hologram machine that lets you try on clothes over the Internet, you will rule the world.

Cheers,
Guy
Excellent news, Guy. Happy we can help, as always. Please let us know what you think of the two sizes once you've tried them both on. I have a feeling the size medium is going to be the winner.
~Ali
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #882
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor
 
Guy Jinbaiquerre's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Oddometer: 1,222
Question

Hi Anthony and Ali,

I think I may have figured out why my Rebel size 48 jacket was so tight in the arms: I bought it from a seller in Europe. A friend of mine told me today that some manufacturers sell a slimmer-fit version of their gear in Europe, and a "fatter" version in America.

Does Rev'it do that? Is it possible that I have a super-skinny Euro-version of the Rebel that is smaller than the same size would be in the "American" version? Or are all Rev'it clothes the same worldwide?
__________________
IBA # 42657
96 Honda XR250 Baja
09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #883
azia
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Oddometer: 62
Just want to say that you guys are FANTASTIC!! Husband and I just picked up his Tornado Hi-Viz jacket this past weekend and it fits perfectly.

You guys were so helpful on the phone and shipping time was bang on. Thanks so much!! We'll post a review on your site soon.

For anyone else who needs sizing help, my husband got the Tornado in size 56.

He usually wears a size 48 in suit jacket, 38 pants, XL in casual clothes, and XL-XXL in motorcycle jackets. Instead of the sizing chart, we actually went by your advice on the phone and also a really helpful customer who posted that he's a size 50 chest, 40 pants (exactly once size bigger) and fit a 58 perfectly.

The customer review feature on your website is really helpful - I wish more people posted their streetwear sizes vs purchased size.
azia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #884
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
Hi Anthony and Ali,

I think I may have figured out why my Rebel size 48 jacket was so tight in the arms: I bought it from a seller in Europe. A friend of mine told me today that some manufacturers sell a slimmer-fit version of their gear in Europe, and a "fatter" version in America.

Does Rev'it do that? Is it possible that I have a super-skinny Euro-version of the Rebel that is smaller than the same size would be in the "American" version? Or are all Rev'it clothes the same worldwide?
Hi Guy,

REV'IT! does not make 2 versions of the Ignition 2. There have been models in the past that have differed from the US to what is offered in Europe, but it's never been based on sizing. Often times we see more perforated or hot weather oriented versions here in the US, such as the Tarmac Air Leather Jacket, which is fully perforated in the US and not in Europe. I'm positive the version you purchased in Europe is sized exactly the same as the version sold here in the US.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #885
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by azia View Post
Just want to say that you guys are FANTASTIC!! Husband and I just picked up his Tornado Hi-Viz jacket this past weekend and it fits perfectly.

You guys were so helpful on the phone and shipping time was bang on. Thanks so much!! We'll post a review on your site soon.

For anyone else who needs sizing help, my husband got the Tornado in size 56.

He usually wears a size 48 in suit jacket, 38 pants, XL in casual clothes, and XL-XXL in motorcycle jackets. Instead of the sizing chart, we actually went by your advice on the phone and also a really helpful customer who posted that he's a size 50 chest, 40 pants (exactly once size bigger) and fit a 58 perfectly.

The customer review feature on your website is really helpful - I wish more people posted their streetwear sizes vs purchased size.
Hi Azia,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Your words were passed along to the entire CS staff, which prompted a loud bang on our CS Gong that rings out whenever we get praise like yours.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014