Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #3361
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Carb removed torn down and cleaned.

Findings:

The accellerator pump diphram was in pieces. Looked as if it had been partially dissolved. I cleaned little black bits out of the carb and blew everything out. Now to find a replacement part. I read somewhere about installing a #60 "power jet". Don't know if this is needed or not. I have everything back together except for the diaphram. I am hopeful the local shop will have one. My local Honda and Yamaha guys did not have it so I will try a few other shops before ordering.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #3362
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
None to be found

Had to order a new accellerator pump diaphram. None of the local shops I contacted here in north Dallas area had any. None of the Yamaha/Honda guys did either. Called Sudco surely they will have it. Nope it is a specialty part for KTM due to the nipple size. Ordered from KTMParts which they did not have them in stock either. I would think with the ethanol fules tearing up these sort of things easily they would be stocked somewhere. Maybe folks don't know the reason their bikes are not running that great is because of this little piece of rubber being worn out.

Maybe by this time next week I'll have it all back together again.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #3363
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730

Two thousand words of joy.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #3364
GearedUp
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Clockworks tank on my 10 530EXC. its about 3.5 gal. Basicly a gallon more than stock. Allows use of the Fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antpatterson View Post
Whats the largest aftermarket tank I can get for the 08 XCR-W that still allows the shrouds to be used? I'm not really digging the shroud attached to the tank minus the graphics but I've seen some 530's on here with larger tanks it seems with the stock shrouds attached to them and it looks nice. Also does anyone use anything other than Motorex oil for their bike with good results? My local shop costs me $85 for 2 bottles and online $75 for 4 liters plus the wait for it get here. I've got NO PROBLEM using what is recommended but if there is something that is slightly cheaper and gets the same protection/smoothness from the clutch and etc. then I'd rather save me some money to help get bigger tanks for my 450 and 650 sooner for an upcoming rally along with top end rebuilds.

Also, can I just bolt up a 530 top end to the 450? Difference between the 530 and 450? Just curious.
GearedUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #3365
obgod3
n00b

Oddometer: 2
what a great thread, years of info. I do have a question however, does anyone really know what springs come stock in 09 530 XCW, 44's or 46's?

So I bought a used 530 from a friend, it has 200 hours but I know the guy and he takes great care of his bikes, no oil transfer issues and it runs fantastic and has a Rekluse already - might put that new LHRB on it. I've been around KTM's a long time so Im not naive. My last bikes are a 07 250XCFW and a 08 450 XCF were great but the 450 and dual cam you had to watch carefully. I have refreshed the 530 and did a first ride recently and it is just awesome, even in bark busting single track, I love the bottom end grunt and it climbs like a homesick angel. Im hoping to plate it sometime during this summer.

Next up I am upgrading all the oil pump parts i.e. pump rod, gears, and seal/cover & o ring. Needs new pegs and a few other little things. Needs a new seat but Ill probably go with an EE. Already put in a weight specific progressive rear spring.

Here's some pictures (yes I already fixed the brake line ):

Before:

After:

obgod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #3366
Gehrcke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by obgod3 View Post
what a great thread, years of info. I do have a question however, does anyone really know what springs come stock in 09 530 XCW, 44's or 46's?

So I bought a used 530 from a friend, it has 200 hours but I know the guy and he takes great care of his bikes, no oil transfer issues and it runs fantastic and has a Rekluse already - might put that new LHRB on it. I've been around KTM's a long time so Im not naive. My last bikes are a 07 250XCFW and a 08 450 XCF were great but the 450 and dual cam you had to watch carefully. I have refreshed the 530 and did a first ride recently and it is just awesome, even in bark busting single track, I love the bottom end grunt and it climbs like a homesick angel. Im hoping to plate it sometime during this summer.

Next up I am upgrading all the oil pump parts i.e. pump rod, gears, and seal/cover & o ring. Needs new pegs and a few other little things. Needs a new seat but Ill probably go with an EE. Already put in a weight specific progressive rear spring.

Here's some pictures (yes I already fixed the brake line ):

Before:

After:

Looks great! Where did you get the plastics and graphics? I really like the bike in white. I've replaced my headlight mask with a white one, but am waiting till this winter and going to replace the plastics.
Gehrcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #3367
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner

Oddometer: 378
Does everyone have an annoyingly loud echo from their skidplate? I've gotten somewhat used to it but while riding awhile yesterday paranoia hit me thinking I was out of transmission oil because it was loud but apparently it's just the Flatlands plate I put on recently. Best way to stop this? Or reduce it?
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
antpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #3368
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,335
Quote:
Best way to stop this? Or reduce it?
Stock KTM skidplate is pretty rad.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #3369
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner

Mine did not have a stock one, guess I'll deal with it. Anyway here's 2 of the 3 vids from me and a buddy on his 450 EXC and my 450 XCR-W yesterday with a friend who had a TTR-90.

XR80r
2008 XCRW450
Old 07-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #3370
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,775
Quote:
Does everyone have an annoyingly loud echo from their skidplate? I've gotten somewhat used to it but while riding awhile yesterday paranoia hit me thinking I was out of transmission oil because it was loud but apparently it's just the Flatlands plate I put on recently. Best way to stop this? Or reduce it?
Some shops carry a type of corse foam to stuff in between the skidplate/engine. Stops the echo
rattle effect
Old 07-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #3371
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner

How am I supposed to get the end piece on the exhaust off? Not the cap, but the jagged shaped piece that screws in with the dual filter to reduce noise? I've read everyone's fell out but mine is on, and it's on good. Best way to go about this? I'm wanting to check out the mods for the stocker before I buy a Wings or FMF for my bike and this piece is giving me trouble because it doesn't turn easily like in people's videos.
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #3372
Storm Howlet
The Storm Owl

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
How am I supposed to get the end piece on the exhaust off? Not the cap, but the jagged shaped piece that screws in with the dual filter to reduce noise? I've read everyone's fell out but mine is on, and it's on good. Best way to go about this? I'm wanting to check out the mods for the stocker before I buy a Wings or FMF for my bike and this piece is giving me trouble because it doesn't turn easily like in people's videos.
I'm not sure. ...But, mine kept loosening up when the exhaust was warm/hot like in the middle of a good ride. So that is when I tightened it once and it then stayed put for a long time.

So in short I am suggesting try loosening while the exhaust is warm.

Edit: Forgot to mention I used the KTM axle wrench, on one side of one end it is made for this.

Storm Howlet screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 07:39 PM
Storm Howlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #3373
WVa Dualsport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
I would think a pair of channel lock pliers will do the trick. It's just a threaded washer/nut about .060" thick.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #3374
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Carb question

Just need to double check some info. Did all the 530's have the FCR MX Carb?

Looking to do a swap with a pre '96 DR650
Thanks
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #3375
silverboy
Bunny

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearedUp View Post
Clockworks tank on my 10 530EXC. its about 3.5 gal. Basicly a gallon more than stock. Allows use of the Fan.

I have this tank and love it. 3.3 gallons. Not as high as IMS or Clark. Only problem ive found is its hard to get to choke.

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote