Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
atomicalex OP
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,031
BaseCamp is going to kill me....

What am I missing here? I'm using a Nüvi 1490T and BaseCamp, along with google Maps and takitwithme.

BaseCamp will not allow me to delete routes, it keeps loading un-edited gpx files (too many waypoints), and I can't remove them from the unit. Additionally, it won't convert tracks to routes. I've followed quite a few tutorials from the n00b thread at the top, but none seem to address the issue of whole sections of BaseCamp not working.

Any advice or pointers on where to look for help? I'm in germany....
Old 07-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
What am I missing here? I'm using a Nüvi 1490T and BaseCamp, along with google Maps and takitwithme.

BaseCamp will not allow me to delete routes, it keeps loading un-edited gpx files (too many waypoints), and I can't remove them from the unit. Additionally, it won't convert tracks to routes. I've followed quite a few tutorials from the n00b thread at the top, but none seem to address the issue of whole sections of BaseCamp not working.

Any advice or pointers on where to look for help? I'm in germany....
There are some Garmin devices that will not allow "remote" deletion of data by BaseCamp. This may get corrected in v4.

You will need to delete your data on the device if you can not do it via Windows Explorer.

BaseCamp will only transfer the data you ask it to so I don't quite understand what you are implying re: "it keeps loading un-edited GPX files".

Track to Route conversion works just fine. If BaseCamp has functions that are not working, you might want to reinstall BaseCamp on your computer. You should be installing v3.3.3. You might also want to use the BaseCamp Help files and the Garmin online Video Tutorials.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
atomicalex OP
silly aluminum boxes

I can't figure out where the data is in Windows Explorer! I don't find the named GPX files on the device. This must be one of the funky units.

I did figure out that i have to rename things to get them into the device properly. That is working well now.

THank you!

edit - it appears that all of the route data is in one .gpx file? I'm imagining that I can edit this - will back it up and try...

atomicalex screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 09:55 PM
atomicalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
atomicalex OP
silly aluminum boxes

All fixed with a call to Garmin. Turns out I had PC issues and my maps weren't loading to the PC, which resulted in all kinds of stupidity. Now it's working. I routed myself through the Eifel this weekend. It was nice!