ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #18256
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRatRider13 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I haven't heard about the Logan trails. Strawberry I have heard of though. Some one told me past kamas they were shutting down a lot of trails. I hit rt35 a lot on my street bike!

I think the one that kid was telling me about was mantua trails. I have heard great things about strawberry though. Maybe that will be the spot. Isn't it near Heber? I really appreciate all the input guys.
Just slabbed in from a trip to Wide Open Wyoming........took the Evingston cutoff down the Mirror Lake Highway......there was huge traffic headed up from Kamas......and the campgrounds look full already.........I predict hug crowds in the hills this weekend.....

You do know about the funny Utard holiday next week that the rest of the country celebrates on Veterans Day.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #18257
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

Oddometer: 335
ahhh i was told about that... damn. So even if I got up to strawberry around 5 you think it would be pretty packed?
RiverRatRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #18258
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,884
Quote:
ahhh i was told about that... damn. So even if I got up to strawberry around 5 you think it would be pretty packed?

Like I said......slab ride......there was quite a bit of traffic coming up Mirror Lake Highway and the campgrounds that were visible seemed to be occupied. The high country gets busy at this time of year in Utah........it's a big reason I head to Wyoming......your results may vary........
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #18259
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

Any good single track in Wyoming I can camp at??
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #18260
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Any good single track in Wyoming I can camp at??
Nope. All the good single track is in Colorado.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #18261
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,726
Phuck the Truck!

If RiverRat has rug rats then take the truck and endure the campsite nightmare!! If you're riding a bike then you don't sweat a place to pull the bike in. I carry a camo tarp that is the equivalent of a free pass anywhere, even yo mama's back yard. she'd never notice if i'm in stealth mode, but take the truck and take you chances (which aren't good unless you staked your claim day ago) I staked my claim one time and had my whole fam showing up, and when we all got therew my whole party a family had moved all my stuff out of the way, and acted put off that all of my shit was in their way. In comes my ghetto blaster cranking Danzig (which even i think is intolerable).. . anyway, the story goes on but i go to bed since I gotta make CA tomorrow.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #18262
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

nope no kiddos. But my bike isnt street legal so I cant just drive some place. this is a bummer. maybe i will just AF really early in the am sat morning. I really wanted to camp though. I dig the camo tarp idea though and the Danzig
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #18263
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,152
I read in the paper that a bill is going to be introduced, if not already, to close the last OHV trail in Big Cottonwood Canyon, among other things.

So, a heads up, this may be your last year to ride up Mineral. I rode it last year, but was turned back once by carrying too much luggage (I was just passing through, while on a trip and the trail caught my eye), once by snow (not the huge rocks trying to kill me, thank you) up by a mine, but had a good run at it. I might get out and try it again in a few weeks, if anyone wants to join me for a "Pick your bike back up fest" on Mineral Fork Rd.

If you haven't been up there, it's beautiful, it's rocky, it's rocky and it's rocky. There is also rocks. It's my favorite. I don't know why, it kicks my arse every time though. The rocks are just right for rolling in unexpected ways, they are pointy in all directions, and unavoidable. If I had a lightweight bike I would choose that, but all I have is the DRZ, so I get a workout every time. You would want to come for the comic relief at least.

I will be busy moving and honey-dos the next two weeks, but I bet I can sneak out for a few hours somewhere in here. FWIW, I am also available days with a bit of notice, a few hours usually. If anyone wants to try it during the day mid-week.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #18264
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
I read in the paper that a bill is going to be introduced, if not already, to close the last OHV trail in Big Cottonwood Canyon, among other things.

So, a heads up, this may be your last year to ride up Mineral. I rode it last year, but was turned back once by carrying too much luggage (I was just passing through, while on a trip and the trail caught my eye), once by snow (not the huge rocks trying to kill me, thank you) up by a mine, but had a good run at it. I might get out and try it again in a few weeks, if anyone wants to join me for a "Pick your bike back up fest" on Mineral Fork Rd.

If you haven't been up there, it's beautiful, it's rocky, it's rocky and it's rocky. There is also rocks. It's my favorite. I don't know why, it kicks my arse every time though. The rocks are just right for rolling in unexpected ways, they are pointy in all directions, and unavoidable. If I had a lightweight bike I would choose that, but all I have is the DRZ, so I get a workout every time. You would want to come for the comic relief at least.

I will be busy moving and honey-dos the next two weeks, but I bet I can sneak out for a few hours somewhere in here. FWIW, I am also available days with a bit of notice, a few hours usually. If anyone wants to try it during the day mid-week.
It would be a nice flash back for Hick if he was in town....

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #18265
ALinUTAH
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
MIrror Lake Hwy and Strawberry are two of the most popular places so you'll have company. But they are only two places. Just get off the beaten path, or go further away from the city. On Mirror Lk Hwy you purdy much have to camp in a campground. But there are little roads going in all directions from strawberry where you can go camp and maybe find some peace. Or go check out the currant creek reservoir area. Or if you're up north head up into the mountains between logan and bear lake. I think somebody already mentioned that. -al
ALinUTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #18266
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

Well I chose strawberry. Took the truck way up squaw creek rd and didn't see another soul. I am camping where 110 and 518 meet.

From this map I found http://static.stateparks.utah.gov/ma...rySystem08.pdf I think there will be some fun riding really close. Yes for some reason I get really good 3G up here haha.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #18267
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Ryman,

How about a fuel injected, 4 stroke, 690 snomo?
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #18268
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
Now THAT looks fun.

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #18269
2Stamp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Well I chose strawberry. Took the truck way up squaw creek rd and didn't see another soul. I am camping where 110 and 518 meet.

From this map I found http://static.stateparks.utah.gov/ma...rySystem08.pdf I think there will be some fun riding really close. Yes for some reason I get really good 3G up here haha.
RR, I drove right past you and your camp Saturday morning ( yes I waved) in a silver Toyota Taco. It was a great weekend to be in the mountains. I didn't get to ride, we were hiking and doing some stream and pond surveys for the FS.
2006 450EXC
2014 Honda Grom (hers)
2Stamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #18270
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stamp View Post
RR, I drove right past you and your camp Saturday morning ( yes I waved) in a silver Toyota Taco. It was a great weekend to be in the mountains. I didn't get to ride, we were hiking and doing some stream and pond surveys for the FS.
Are you a hydrologist?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote