ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #46
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Don't own one but spent hours riding one....

Bike has great balance but the motor blows. Was at my local Yamaha dealer two days ago looking at a DR650 SE for my son and got into a conversation with the sales manager. We were talking about adventure bikes in general. He recalled me riding the Super T a few months back and asked what I thought. He also said he spent several hours riding one as well. I told him it would be an awesome bike if the motor would just have any hint of grin factor. He agreed.
If they would just give it more torque in the bottom it would be a winner.
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #47
hayfarmer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Sunny Upper Manilla NSW Oz
Oddometer: 122
More torque ???

What for ? If you need more torque buy a John Deere tractor.

Sheeeesh!

Brian
hayfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #48
s-flow
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Bike has great balance but the motor blows. Was at my local Yamaha dealer two days ago looking at a DR650 SE for my son and got into a conversation with the sales manager. We were talking about adventure bikes in general. He recalled me riding the Super T a few months back and asked what I thought. He also said he spent several hours riding one as well. I told him it would be an awesome bike if the motor would just have any hint of grin factor. He agreed.
If they would just give it more torque in the bottom it would be a winner.

Just have to mention, I put i mini fuse to shorten the clutch switch ( mentioned at a lot of places) and I
am almost shocked by the great differens that made for the bottom response. Maybe bring a fuse to a testride
pop it in and feel the bike transform. Recommend it!

Shoud say, it has backsides. The bike could jump away if started with gear engaged
and the "touring-sport" modes will stop working (it is said, have not touched that switch
Since the fuse).
s-flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #49
scottie boy
Homebrew Guru
 
scottie boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
Fortunately, the dealer has assured me that I will be MUCH more pleased once they get it uncrated, and fully assembled...






Pluric did not want his thread to turn-into a Love Fest. So, to all the guys from the Super Tenere thread...


Thanks for ruining my checking account.


.
Your checking account is just getting warmed up. Don't forget about the farkles.
scottie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #50
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin
 
oalvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: CA HWY 2
Oddometer: 2,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Hopefully this will be a REALLY short thread. It seems all you read is how much
owners like their S10. I was just wondering if there is anyone who regrets the
purchase and why?

Don't turn this into a love fest. I would like hear from the haters.
I'd be curious to hear from those who have theirs up for sale in the Flea Market.
__________________
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, and some BMWs as well.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #51
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-flow View Post
Just have to mention, I put i mini fuse to shorten the clutch switch ( mentioned at a lot of places) and I
am almost shocked by the great differens that made for the bottom response. Maybe bring a fuse to a testride
pop it in and feel the bike transform. Recommend it!

Shoud say, it has backsides. The bike could jump away if started with gear engaged
and the "touring-sport" modes will stop working (it is said, have not touched that switch
Since the fuse).
My local dealer installed a clutch switch in his demo bike: good results, good sales...
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #52
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayfarmer View Post
More torque ???

What for ? If you need more torque buy a John Deere tractor.

Sheeeesh!

Brian
Oh, I don't know, Brian. I have heard rumors of it helping off road and it actually makes the riders face grin when riding on road. Other than that, your right. It probably has no use.
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #53
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
I'd be curious to hear from those who have theirs up for sale in the Flea Market.

I've only seen two there recently. One of them was being sold for financial reasons. And guess what, he found a way to swing to the payments and is now keeping it http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809694

The other one was sold by MoBill who put 15,000 miles on it. No sure what his reasons were, but as far as what I read here he seemed pretty happy with it.

the lack of used Teneres in itself should tell you something
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #54
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin
 
oalvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: CA HWY 2
Oddometer: 2,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
I've only seen two there recently. One of them was being sold for financial reasons. And guess what, he found a way to swing to the payments and is now keeping it http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809694

The other one was sold by MoBill who put 15,000 miles on it. No sure what his reasons were, but as far as what I read here he seemed pretty happy with it.

the lack of used Teneres in itself should tell you something
Trinc4me has one for sale too....a beautiful blue one.
__________________
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, and some BMWs as well.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #55
neil1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: South Africa, Randburg
Oddometer: 59


How could you not like this bike, only thing i find wrong is that the GS's cant keep up, so you will tend to ride alone!
neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #56
pluric OP
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,917
Now that's a rare photo. A Tenere upright in sand.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #57
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Now that's a rare photo. A Tenere upright in sand.


South Africans Mate!
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #58
20valves
Yamaholic
 
20valves's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Now that's a rare photo. Pluric's Tenere upright in sand.
Fixt!
__________________
'14 500 EXC, '06 R1 LE, '13 FJR, '12 XTZ12, '09 T Max
20valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #59
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer
 
JTucker's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: West By God Virginia
Oddometer: 2,236
My plan is to Demo one Saturday, I will report back after test ride about what a terrible bike it is.















__________________
http://www.ktm-parts.com
03 Aprilia Caponord 06DR650
13 GasGas EC300 05 WR450F 87 T-dub
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #60
dan-c
Back
 
dan-c's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: SATX
Oddometer: 13,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
After months of hearing all the good reviews surrounding the famed Yamaha Super Tenere, I could no longer help myself...I FINALLY bought one.

If a first impression means anything, I can tell you that I was NOT that impressed...

Fortunately, the dealer has assured me that I will be MUCH more pleased once they get it uncrated, and fully assembled...



Pluric did not want his thread to turn-into a Love Fest. So, to all the guys from the Super Tenere thread...


Thanks for ruining my checking account.


.
Good for you JJ .

Now take it down to a decent painter and have it painted Yamaha Yellow with the Strobe pattern
__________________
"...Carved in stone is a date he had to go on, And another from the moment of his first dawn..."
- In Memory of Preston Haun
- In Memory of Mike Berlein
- In Memory of Amanda Cassady
dan-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014