Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #91
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Just ordered a shirt. 8.5 years in the Marines. I will be doing the same with wounded warriors next year (or sooner)
Cool man thank you!!! I would like to do this again next year but try and make it bigger if I can, I want to start a non-profit Race For The Wounded and try and help wounded guys get into racing, bikes, quads, trucks whatever we can. I know a bunch of guys are gearheads, and if we can help them get going in racing that would be cool. If I can get the 501 started in time that will be great but you have to get state, then federal approved and that takes about a year.

Thanks for the support Devil Dog!!!
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #92
Goggles Pizano
I'll B right back,promise

Oddometer: 218
B1k

Just came across your thread, donation and T-shirt order coming shortly.

You had asked for some Baja knowledge..... have you considered using a hired pit crew?

I did run the B1K in 2006 solo, point to point and had full pit service every 60 miles, they had all my spare parts ,fuel, mechanics and tools.My pit crew had a tough time staying up to me with all the race traffic and being very tired aswell, glad i had hired a crew.

Best mod to my 2005 CRF450X was installing the R cams and air box mod. Get a light exhaust can, Ti.
Ran stock suspension, soft like a Cadilac.
14/45 gearing, it is usually a fast pace
Only a couple bikes will not be passed by the Trophy Trucks,

This is awesome! Go for it!

Bueno Suerte, hope to see you down there.
Scott
Goggles Pizano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #93
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles Pizano View Post
Just came across your thread, donation and T-shirt order coming shortly.

You had asked for some Baja knowledge..... have you considered using a hired pit crew?

I did run the B1K in 2006 solo, point to point and had full pit service every 60 miles, they had all my spare parts ,fuel, mechanics and tools.My pit crew had a tough time staying up to me with all the race traffic and being very tired aswell, glad i had hired a crew.

Best mod to my 2005 CRF450X was installing the R cams and air box mod. Get a light exhaust can, Ti.
Ran stock suspension, soft like a Cadilac.
14/45 gearing, it is usually a fast pace
Only a couple bikes will not be passed by the Trophy Trucks,

This is awesome! Go for it!

Bueno Suerte, hope to see you down there.
Scott
Scott,

We have a pit crew that have just about all raced the Baja, not pros but they have been racing and pitting in Baja for a long long time. It depends on the route if we are going to need to use a pit service or not we will just have to see when they put it out.

I havent changed the pipe or airbox, I am thinking of keeping it stock just for the reliability of it. I know the bike is more then fast enough for three of us. Allan might want it faster, I don't know what gearing yet, but I am sure that I will have a good idea after the pre ride next month on what I want to use.

Thank you for the support!

Brett
Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #94
Bronco Driver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
B1k

Scott,
You are correct on the gearing and air box mod.We are going to leave the motor stock(it makes good usable power stock).
The biggest mod will be the suspension and Alex at Konflict Motorsports is handling that.
As far as the pipe goes I will modify it if we can't get a sponsor to provide us one..............OR
Anyone have a 450F stock take off pipe they would like to donate?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #95
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Got my MRI back today and it is good news no need to cut on my just going to be doing some physical therapy. So it is all looking good for the pre ride!!! I also ordered a EVS shoulder brace, has anyone used this and how way it??
Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #96
AirborneAndy
Vagabond

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
Got my MRI back today and it is good news no need to cut on my just going to be doing some physical therapy. So it is all looking good for the pre ride!!! ...

That's great news Brett. Wish I could go with you guys on the August ride but Im wandering about the country visiting family and wont be back by then. But, I will be there for the pre-running in November and chase duties during the race.

The book - Excuse me, which way is the Baja 1000?

AirborneAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #97
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneAndy View Post
That's great news Brett. Wish I could go with you guys on the August ride but Im wandering about the country visiting family and wont be back by then. But, I will be there for the pre-running in November and chase duties during the race.
That is cool Andy, I know how you are never in one place over about 5 min I have my nephew's at the house right now and took the oldest to the gym today!! He went to the 1 week thing they have a West Point this summer, it has always been his dream to go. Everything is looking good for him to get in, he has one more year of high school I hope that everything works out for him. At the WP camp he did good but he needs to get better at running so I put the screws to him this morning and did some intervals to teach him how to train on his speed. It was nice made me feel like I was a 1SG again having a 17 year old getting smoked by a old man I just love that feeling!!!

We will see you in Nov. and have a good ride, if you make it to Ga. let me know, you always have a place to crash!!

Brett
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #98
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Got my MRI back today and it is good news no need to cut on my just going to be doing some physical therapy. So it is all looking good for the pre ride!!! I also ordered a EVS shoulder brace, has anyone used this and how way it??
Awesome news! Please give us a review of the brace, it looks like it might be really helpful for a bum shoulder. Take care, go fast but be safe!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #99
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
Awesome news! Please give us a review of the brace, it looks like it might be really helpful for a bum shoulder. Take care, go fast but be safe!
Got it in the mail today and it feels like it might do the trick but I will give you a full report after a ride with it.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #100
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,149
So, you guys ready for the trip out west?

Gonna be hot.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #101
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
So, you guys ready for the trip out west?

Gonna be hot.

-John
We are working on it John, but as of now we have a bunch to do. I need to give Alex a call and see when he thinks he will be getting the forks and shock back to me, without them I don't think we will be going. I got the tires in, but I am going to have Scott put them on so he gets some practice.

I am sure that it is going to be hot, last year on the TAT it was well over 110 going across Oklahoma. I am sure it is going to be just as bad as that. I think that the first day will be the worst, I hope we make it to the pacific that day then it should be a bit cooler for us.

Brett
Old 07-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #102
ecarnell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Got it in the mail today and it feels like it might do the trick but I will give you a full report after a ride with it.
Any review yet? I separated my shoulder back in end of June - doctor just said no surgery either, but looking for some extra protection in this area as I'm still only 50/60% back in strength/mobility with this arm.
2012 Dacre Challenge -Team Explore the Bruce - 8th (i.e last) Place. 17:59
ecarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #103
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarnell View Post
Any review yet? I separated my shoulder back in end of June - doctor just said no surgery either, but looking for some extra protection in this area as I'm still only 50/60% back in strength/mobility with this arm.
Ecarnell, I think that it is helping me and worth the money. I don't know how your shoulder feels but I feel OK with the arm in the riding position, it is putting it out to the side that hurts the most. The strap helps hold the shoulder in toward your body. It seems to give you extra support in the joint to help stop straining it some. It was a bit painful putting it on the first time, but once I got the straps in place it isn't as bad. You might need some help getting everything setup but after that I just kept everything in place. IMO it is worth the money!! Not the end all be all but it helps me and I think worth giving a try. Some people think it is bulky but I don't think it is that bad. I hope that this helps, I am about the same % as you are with the shoulder.

Brett
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #104
bubbagums
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
John, the coast should be nice. If you guys make it, we should see you Saturday night.

Bob
bubbagums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #105
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,560
Brett, I'm glad to hear the shoulder is getting better!

Do you guys have lodging figured out? I have a buddy that rents out a Hacienda southwest of Ojos Negros. We usually base out of there when prerunning all the sections from San Felipe-North. It's a nice place in that it is miles from anything and safe place to leave bikes/tools/whatever laying around and not worry about theft. Let me know if you want his contact info.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote