Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 262 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #24646
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,131
don't wear purple stick with black

Plantation triathlete Molli Serrano was riding through Weston with more than 30 cyclists when a sheriff's deputy stopped them around dawn, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Serrano was the only one given a $65 ticket on March 6. Her offense: riding outside the bike lane – a violation the deputy said was committed by most everyone in the group. Deputy Dominic Raimondi says Serrano got the ticket because she stood out in her purple outfit. He said there were so many cyclists, he had to choose one, so he chose to "fixate" on the woman in purple.

Serrano, a cancer survivor, wears purple to bring awareness to pancreatic cancer. The group left the bike lane to pass a slower rider – which is allowed by state law, said her attorney, Jonathan Ewing. Serrano, a stay-at-home mom who rides 200 miles a week with the Weston Flyers, said she's contesting the ticket as a matter of principle.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #24647
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
Plantation triathlete Molli Serrano was riding through Weston with more than 30 cyclists when a sheriff's deputy stopped them around dawn, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Serrano was the only one given a $65 ticket on March 6. Her offense: riding outside the bike lane – a violation the deputy said was committed by most everyone in the group. Deputy Dominic Raimondi says Serrano got the ticket because she stood out in her purple outfit. He said there were so many cyclists, he had to choose one, so he chose to "fixate" on the woman in purple.

Serrano, a cancer survivor, wears purple to bring awareness to pancreatic cancer. The group left the bike lane to pass a slower rider – which is allowed by state law, said her attorney, Jonathan Ewing. Serrano, a stay-at-home mom who rides 200 miles a week with the Weston Flyers, said she's contesting the ticket as a matter of principle.
I'm glad the cops are finally doing something about these lawless hooligans.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #24648
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
Completely off topic from the last few posts, but I forgot to mention this when it happened.

So, last week I was at my local trail for the first time feeling really good about myself for wanting to be in better shape and have fun doing it. Well, along comes this guy who is doing much better than me which is reasonable. However, he is pedaling kinda funny. I get to looking, and he only has ONE LEG! Riding a MTB!

Much respect to that guy
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #24649
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Completely off topic from the last few posts, but I forgot to mention this when it happened.

So, last week I was at my local trail for the first time feeling really good about myself for wanting to be in better shape and have fun doing it. Well, along comes this guy who is doing much better than me which is reasonable. However, he is pedaling kinda funny. I get to looking, and he only has ONE LEG! Riding a MTB!

Much respect to that guy
I know that feeling. My first year of cycling I thought I was doing good until a couple on mountain bikes and huge tires passed me up on the paved road while having a conversation. I was riding a carbon fiber road bike.
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #24650
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
LOL! Wrong feeling. He was starting from the parking lot as I finished, I have no idea how fast he was. That said, he looked like he had been doing this for a long time, so I bet he would have been faster/more efficient than me.

I just meant that I really respected the guy for doing something he loved, even though the odds were against him.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #24651
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
LOL! Wrong feeling. He was starting from the parking lot as I finished, I have no idea how fast he was. That said, he looked like he had been doing this for a long time, so I bet he would have been faster/more efficient than me.

I just meant that I really respected the guy for doing something he loved, even though the odds were against him.
dig it, yeah it was at that moment that I fully understood that it is indeed the rider, not the bike.
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #24652
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
With only one leg, he'd certainly have a weight advantage.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #24653
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,847
his working form home deal and working a split shift allowed me to go for another ride today. I didn't even feel like the half awake dead since I got a whole 6 hours sleep last nght.

Middle of the day, (hot if you stood around in the sun, perfect at 15 mph), so down and back up the trail for an hour each way. Stopped at the park for water and a Gu. Then up the face. Feeling better. Down to 165 today. Ten more and I'll be closer.

We did this health accessment at work every year. First year I did it they told me I was borderline obease at 180 and 5'10".
So, I got more serious about diet and this bike. Then a year later similar story only I was maybe two pounds lighter.

Maybe...

Then I bought the Roubaix, and got more serious.
Now, I'm looking at this as how I have to live since this past winters lower back disk fun. I still have this lump-feeling in my left side but it isn't really painful, just a tight feeling spot if I sit or stand too long. It is supposed to work out with stretching and strengthening my core. I guess that means crunches.

The tape:
Facebook
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #24654
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
The text underneath says that he was inconsolable after losing the race because the cleat on his shoe came loose from the pedal.

Jesus. Lolo didn't have that big a meltdown and she lost the !$^@$^ Olympics. I think if I were that cameraman, it'd be hard for me to keep from but then I am a bad person sometimes.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #24655
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,847
Great so the cops are really on to the baddies.
As usual the least common denominator is a cop.
Big surprise.

"I focused on the purple clad chick".
Loser.

Just drive on by and go look for some teens skateboarding, you might be able to handle that.

I'm guessing the officer a single, OK lets just go with big boned, white guy with issues...

Yes, I came of age in the 60's and I think most people in charge are asshats. Other than that I'm good.

I know a couple of lawyers who would beat that guy like rented mule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post

Facebook
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #24656
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,821
Quote:

I used to race against a guy at the track in Sandy Eggo with only one leg. He was tough to keep up with

M
Old 07-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #24657
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
I used to race against a guy at the track in Sandy Eggo with only one leg. He was tough to keep up with

M
Oh yea? Well, I once raced against a guy with NO legs and...

Seriously, I did once encounter another rider on the trail who was missing both legs. He was riding a specially designed recumbent which allowed him to pedal with his arms. I remember thinking to myself that he couldn't go far because the arms just don't have enough strength in them. Imagine my surprise as I was heading back to see him still on the trail, not far behind me. He had traveled about 15 miles by then.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #24658
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,112
Quote:
I'm glad the cops are finally doing something about these lawless hooligans.

HEY!
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #24659
mud
I just wander.....

Oddometer: 1,664
On Sunday my Daughters and I went for a ride on the tandem and trail-a-bike. It was a 20 mile ride on a rail trail. About 3 miles in we passed a guy with one leg...... It was quiet for a couple of minutes, I was hoping they missed it. I answered questions about it for the next 17 miles. When we hit the end and turned around I knew we were in for it when we saw the guy again. As soon as they saw him they started yelling "HEY DAD! THERE IS THAT GUY WITH ONE LEG!!!! HOW DOES HE DO THAT! WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE STOPS!! etc. etc" Luckily he seemed to have a good sense of humor.
mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #24660
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,429
Quote:

hop and change ... gears?
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: