Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 513 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #24526
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr700 View Post
I think you did read it correctly. Piss off the motoring public and expect aggravated assault in the form of a car brake checking you...copy that. I think a violent felony is appropriate given the circumstances, after all they bring it on themselves.

wow you must be fun at parties
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #24527
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,843
Quote:
I think you did read it correctly. Piss off the motoring public and expect aggravated assault in the form of a car brake checking you...copy that. I think a violent felony is appropriate given the circumstances, after all they bring it on themselves.
I've lost the subject-verb agreement in your last statement. Who brought what on themselves? The dr. who is going to jail for passing and then causing an accident while injuring two cyclists OR the cyclists who were riding in a legal manner?
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #24528
vfr700
172S

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
I've lost the subject-verb agreement in your last statement. Who brought what on themselves? The dr. who is going to jail for passing and then causing an accident while injuring two cyclists OR the cyclists who were riding in a legal manner?
It was a fragmented thought. How one can lay any blame on the cyclists for such a violent act ("...riders do bring this on themselves") is absurd. Regardless of how the cyclists were riding, agg. assault with a vehicle is an egregious response.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #24529
melville
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolguzzi View Post
Seeings how i'm staying approx in the middle of the start & finsh...bigolebrain had an idea!

a 'lil outta place

sweetoleford

time to climb...the Campton/Waterville side of SandwichNotch...it's a bitch

motocontent!!!

I made it...time for a few PBR

the band played on...

as the straggles rolled in

Blair Bridge from the patio

tiredoleshadowguy

about 50/50 tar/dirt...2700 climb feet...and i wondered why the PBR tasted so good

I thought the first bridge looked familiar, then the Notch Road sign, but Blair Bridge confirmed it. Nice ride! Been 25 years since I did that one, glad to see the road connecting SN road to 175 at Wishman Hill is still open. I'll be there in a coupla weeks showing my kids Big Rock and all the other Mad River swimming holes.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.
melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #24530
k7
Ancien cyclist

Quote:
It was a fragmented thought. How one can lay any blame on the cyclists for such a violent act ("...riders do bring this on themselves") is absurd. Regardless of how the cyclists were riding, agg. assault with a vehicle is an egregious response.
Thanks - I think the punishment fit the crime and for the icing on the cake, I'm sure a civil action will quickly follow.

(I'm in Ahwatukee - have recently started riding the Saturday morning rides with the PMBC - if you're on any of these, look for me - a blue recumbent.)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #24531
vfr700
172S

Oddometer: 570
I find myself on Pecos every now and then, hopefully we will cross paths.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #24532
k7
Ancien cyclist

Quote:
I find myself on Pecos every now and then, hopefully we will cross paths.
Good deal - I'm taking a week off the bike and that ends Saturday. After that, I'm on Pecos and other parts of Ahwatukee from roughly 0430 to 0530 most morning at least until the heat breaks and I can ride after work. Hope to see you out - safe riding otherwise.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #24533
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,789
Thumbs down Some people take this stuff too seriously...

The text underneath says that he was inconsolable after losing the race because the cleat on his shoe came loose from the pedal.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #24534
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,297
don't wear purple stick with black

Plantation triathlete Molli Serrano was riding through Weston with more than 30 cyclists when a sheriff's deputy stopped them around dawn, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Serrano was the only one given a $65 ticket on March 6. Her offense: riding outside the bike lane a violation the deputy said was committed by most everyone in the group. Deputy Dominic Raimondi says Serrano got the ticket because she stood out in her purple outfit. He said there were so many cyclists, he had to choose one, so he chose to "fixate" on the woman in purple.

Serrano, a cancer survivor, wears purple to bring awareness to pancreatic cancer. The group left the bike lane to pass a slower rider which is allowed by state law, said her attorney, Jonathan Ewing. Serrano, a stay-at-home mom who rides 200 miles a week with the Weston Flyers, said she's contesting the ticket as a matter of principle.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #24535
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
Plantation triathlete Molli Serrano was riding through Weston with more than 30 cyclists when a sheriff's deputy stopped them around dawn, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Serrano was the only one given a $65 ticket on March 6. Her offense: riding outside the bike lane a violation the deputy said was committed by most everyone in the group. Deputy Dominic Raimondi says Serrano got the ticket because she stood out in her purple outfit. He said there were so many cyclists, he had to choose one, so he chose to "fixate" on the woman in purple.

Serrano, a cancer survivor, wears purple to bring awareness to pancreatic cancer. The group left the bike lane to pass a slower rider which is allowed by state law, said her attorney, Jonathan Ewing. Serrano, a stay-at-home mom who rides 200 miles a week with the Weston Flyers, said she's contesting the ticket as a matter of principle.
I'm glad the cops are finally doing something about these lawless hooligans.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #24536
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,903
Completely off topic from the last few posts, but I forgot to mention this when it happened.

So, last week I was at my local trail for the first time feeling really good about myself for wanting to be in better shape and have fun doing it. Well, along comes this guy who is doing much better than me which is reasonable. However, he is pedaling kinda funny. I get to looking, and he only has ONE LEG! Riding a MTB!

Much respect to that guy
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #24537
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Completely off topic from the last few posts, but I forgot to mention this when it happened.

So, last week I was at my local trail for the first time feeling really good about myself for wanting to be in better shape and have fun doing it. Well, along comes this guy who is doing much better than me which is reasonable. However, he is pedaling kinda funny. I get to looking, and he only has ONE LEG! Riding a MTB!

Much respect to that guy
I know that feeling. My first year of cycling I thought I was doing good until a couple on mountain bikes and huge tires passed me up on the paved road while having a conversation. I was riding a carbon fiber road bike.
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #24538
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,903
LOL! Wrong feeling. He was starting from the parking lot as I finished, I have no idea how fast he was. That said, he looked like he had been doing this for a long time, so I bet he would have been faster/more efficient than me.

I just meant that I really respected the guy for doing something he loved, even though the odds were against him.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #24539
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
LOL! Wrong feeling. He was starting from the parking lot as I finished, I have no idea how fast he was. That said, he looked like he had been doing this for a long time, so I bet he would have been faster/more efficient than me.

I just meant that I really respected the guy for doing something he loved, even though the odds were against him.
dig it, yeah it was at that moment that I fully understood that it is indeed the rider, not the bike.
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #24540
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
With only one leg, he'd certainly have a weight advantage.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: