Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #526
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Nice pics Will, that had to be a great way to spend the week. Rode my "new to me" DR650 to "On The Edge Powersports" in Mount Holly Springs this morning to have it inspected, afterwards I treated the big thumper to it's first taste of Michaux dirt, it was love at first bite! The temps weren't too bad before 1:00 P.M, but afterwards it was brutal outside. If anyone wants to meet for a ride in Michaux during the cooler morning hours this weekend, I'm game!

Jeff

1994 DR350SER/1996 DR350/441SET Hybrid; 42,568.0 (I finally was able to catch up to the wee last week!)
2007 DL650AK7 wee-strom; 42,568.0
2009 DR650SE; 1,938.1 (3rd owner!?)
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #527
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Well it's been two weeks since I last posted on this thread looking for someone to ride with in Michaux, so here I go again! Friday (20th) is to be a bit on the rainy side, but a little rain won't stop me, otherwise the rest of the weekend isn't looking too bad weather wise. I'll be headin' up north to Tuscarora/Buchanan S.F's., etc. "early" Monday morning (23rd) if anyone would want to tag along with me and my GUIDE!

Jeff (SoPaRider)

'94 DR350SER/'96 DR350/441SET Hybrid
'07 DL650AK7 wee-strom
'09 DR650SE
Old 07-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #528
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,898
I kind of got side tracked for a week or two, I am down the Outerbanks of NC .
But I will be back in August. Looking forward to riding again (don't have the bike with me in outerbanks).
Old 07-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #529
Jkrup47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Hey Soparider..

I am just over in York, I have ridden many time up in Michaux. I would usually be up for a play up on ridge road. I can't make any rides the next couple of weekends because of a whole kitchen remodel going on at my place, but after that I would be open for riding.

Josh
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #530
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Josh

PM sent!

Jeff (SoPaRider)
Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #531
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
Josh

PM sent!

Jeff (SoPaRider)
Jeff, aug or sep I will bring up my husky, and my buddy on his ktm (both street legal) and we will ride down where that volvo tried to go :)

I will let you know when ahead of time.
Will
Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #532
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Biesecker Gap and I will be waitin'!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #533
turbojerk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
This may sound silly, but is anyone interested in some after dark rides? I never seem to find the time to go while the suns out...
turbojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #534
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
I kind of got side tracked for a week or two, I am down the Outerbanks of NC .
But I will be back in August. Looking forward to riding again (don't have the bike with me in outerbanks).
How was the campground TP? It was a bit of a mess 8 months ago. Their lil cabins were strewn about randomly.

Quote:
Biesecker Gap and I will be waitin'!
Whuzz up next weekend? I'm jonesin for a ride!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
This may sound silly, but is anyone interested in some after dark rides? I never seem to find the time to go while the suns out...
Just beware the furry critters. They will ruin your year. SoPaRider has a chilling tale.

Some of you may have missed that I took a trip out west. I'm about 1/3 of the way through a ride report. linky in my sig line.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #535
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Mrs. SoPa and I hope to point our wee toward Sam & Omie's in South Nags Head this fall, man could we use a bowl of "She Crab" soup and a bloody mary made with Tanqueray gin and horse radish right about now! There was a time when I would jump at the chance of doing a night ride thru Michaux, but I have no need to repeat my mid air encounter with what I can only guess was one of our PA whitetales on the predawn morning of Monday June 25th 2001 while riding my trusty DR350S at a fairly conservative pace. The last thing I remember was what I can only believe was deer fur filling my Oakley googles, a split second later the lights went out for 20 minutes or so; still the hardest hit I've ever taken doing anything! A riding buddy and I were scouting out some new dual sport routes in Tuscarora, Buchanan and Rothrock State Forests on Monday and I was glad not to be leading the way as my buddy could have reached out and touched several of the furry devils on more than one occasion. Since that faithful morning in 2001, I've pretty much given up riding or driving at night for the most part, but I've had many a close call riding in the daylight since, which is why I always keep my front brake lever covered, my right foot ready to hit the rear brake and my sonar doing a full sweep of the road ahead at all times! Jack I have no plans for the first weekend of August as of now, so if you or anyone else is interested in playing in the dirt I'm in, oh and we found some great fire/forest roads on Monday and what I would call legal to ride two-track jeep trails with a half dozen or so creek crossings thrown in for good measure and all of it is just an hours ride north and west of Michaux; "The Rides Never Long Enough"!

Just call me Kunders; "Jeff Kunders!"

'94 DR350SER/'96 DR350/441SET/equipped with a set of '9? DR350 forks; yea it's a INBRED/HYBRID;
75 miles shy of 43K!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #536
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Mrs. SoPa and I hope to point our wee toward Sam & Omie's in South Nags Head this fall, man could we use a bowl of "She Crab" soup and a bloody mary made with Tanqueray gin and horse radish right about now! There was a time when I would jump at the chance of doing a night ride thru Michaux, but I have no need to repeat my mid air encounter with what I can only guess was one of our PA whitetales on the predawn morning of Monday June 25th 2001 while riding my trusty DR350S at a fairly conservative pace. The last thing I remember was what I can only believe was deer fur filling my Oakley googles, a split second later the lights went out for 20 minutes or so; still the hardest hit I've ever taken doing anything! A riding buddy and I were scouting out some new dual sport routes in Tuscarora, Buchanan and Rothrock State Forests on Monday and I was glad not to be leading the way as my buddy could have reached out and touched several of the furry devils on more than one occasion. Since that faithful morning in 2001, I've pretty much given up riding or driving at night for the most part, but I've had many a close call riding in the daylight since, which is why I always keep my front brake lever covered, my right foot ready to hit the rear brake and my sonar doing a full sweep of the road ahead at all times! Jack I have no plans for the first weekend of August as of now, so if you or anyone else is interested in playing in the dirt I'm in, oh and we found some great fire/forest roads on Monday and what I would call legal to ride two-track jeep trails with a half dozen or so creek crossings thrown in for good measure and all of it is just an hours ride north and west of Michaux; "The Rides Never Long Enough"!

Just call me Kunders; "Jeff Kunders!"

'94 DR350SER/'96 DR350/441SET/equipped with a set of '9? DR350 forks; yea it's a INBRED/HYBRID;
75 miles shy of 43K!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #537
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Mrs. SoPa and I hope to point our wee toward Sam & Omie's in South Nags Head this fall, man could we use a bowl of "She Crab" soup and a bloody mary made with Tanqueray gin and horse radish right about now!
Jeff we'll be down there next week. Thanks for the tip, I'll have a bloody mary for you.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #538
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,485
I think that there must have been about four inches of fresh gravel on the south end of Milesburn Road today. Other than that, everything was in pretty good shape. However, I did just mount a new knobbie on the rear, so there may be a few new trenches coming out of the turns.

I will post a few videos after I get them edited.

Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #539
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

This weekends (4th & 5th) weather looks to be very summer like, hot as hell with a chance of thunderstorms, none the less I plan on riding both days and my riding buddy Denny, a man with a vast knowledge of Pennsylvania's unpaved roads and trails will be available on Saturday. So anyone who is interested in joining us is more than welcome, either chime in here or shoot me a PM and we'll discuss a time and place to meet up on either day. If anyone needs a place to pitch their tent, "The Motorcyclist Manor" is available to do so, we also have a screened gazebo, a two man tent and a hammock to rest your weary bones in. If you want to arrive on Friday afternoon or evening so that we could get an early start on Saturday, that would work too!

Jeff
Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #540
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,636
In Saturday. I would love to ride with you and Denny. If you want to start without me, that is cool. We will decide on a place to meet.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote