ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
redbastard OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,124
Fs7036

I picked up a new motorcycle last week so my wife and I went out Saturday to test it out. I tried to make it over to I-90 from Greenwater but after my GPS led us astray a few time we headed home to finish the ride another day. I really like the F800gs for comfort and fuel range.

We saw lots of other advenuter riders out on Saturday. Jokes all arouns about the traffic Anyway thats the ride report. I'm a lucky man to have a wife willing to come out and explore with me.

My lovely wifes 650.

Not the way.

We made it up these crazy switchbacks only to be turned around at the top by a downed tree.

Time to turn around and head back down. It was a little rocky and a rock did jump out infront of my wifes bike and tip it over.

My new ride

The Touratech crash bars took most of the hit. They did bend in and crack the plastics a little. I wish they were a little stronger, the bike tipped over at a stand still very slowly.

Some great views

redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
kuroda_tadayoshi
Kuroda

Oddometer: 141
Stampede Pass, Pyramid Pass, Naches Pass

Yeah, headed to Greenwater, you have to just ignore your GPS at certain times. The first time I did it, I ran into a few dead ends. You can tell FS7036 used to go through. When you come out into an open area on 7036, you will see a sign for 7037 that goes straight, while 7036 drops. Take 7037.

As you are headed up, you will see 110 show up on your GPS to your left. Pass that and stay on the more maintained road. Your GPS will now show you are just riding across terrain. After awhile, it will show up as 7038. Take a right on 7038. It will turn back to 7036. If you look to your right, you can see where 7036 use to go through.

This will drop you to 70. From there, take a right and head to Greenwater.

Or, you can do like I did today and take a left and do Naches Pass. Pictures from today

From the start of Stampede Pass near I-90

Near the start, I decided to explore what my GPS said was FS52 (getting off Stampede Pass road). After awhile, 52 disappeared on the GPS, and I was headed down a steep power line road. I rode that for a bit, then turned around and got back on the main trail.

You probably made it this far. Again, this road, going under the bridge, does not show on the GPS

I think that road in the background is where 7036 turns off to 7037

Snow! Where is the heat wave everyone else is having?

At Pyramid Pass. I think the turn off to 110 is ahead. Pass that and drop down to a road that runs into 7038

This is after I hit 70 and took a left to Naches Pass. As you head up that, you have to go off GPS again. You take a turn to the left after you are on dirt awhile. I can't remember the number, but it is the only road marked. The Naches trail will be on your right after a short ride. I rode that up and back a little. Not enough time today. Plus, I don't think I have the best tires for it. It was muddy in places, and my back tire kicked out once.

Just stay on the better maintained roads, and it will drop you to a T. Go right, and you will eventually hit pavement. Now, turn around and do it backwards!

If you are interested, the next time I run it, I will record the tracks and send them to you. Let me know. Or, if the timing is good, meet for a ride.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
redbastard OP
Beastly Adventurer

I think I've got it

I did this ride a few years ago and thought it was worth a little exploring to find the way. Strangly the most acurate map I have found to flip back and forth between googe earth images and Mapquest maps. I think next time we go we'll make it all the way. Thanks for the offer though :)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
beerbaron
autoCAD goonsquad

Oddometer: 77
id like to tag along next time anyones going that route. i like fartin around up those parts. i take my truck up there (stampede) but always get turned around as the road is still obviously washed out, and dont feel like calling the wrecker to come yard me out
beerbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
redbastard OP
Beastly Adventurer

Invite

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbaron View Post
id like to tag along next time anyones going that route. i like fartin around up those parts. i take my truck up there (stampede) but always get turned around as the road is still obviously washed out, and dont feel like calling the wrecker to come yard me out

I'll shoot you a PM next time we're going. I get Fridays off if that might work for you.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 9,152
Nice!

Where is his lawyer bullshit now? RichK
kwisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
beerbaron
autoCAD goonsquad

Oddometer: 77
ooo, i got a vacation comin' up, so sat or sun would be a little better for me. where you guys usually start greenwater or stampede? i love exploring around up thar.
beerbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
redbastard OP
Beastly Adventurer

Greenwater

Were riding out from West Seattle, but meeting in Enemclaw for breakfast is a always a good start to a ride. I think this Sunday I'm going to try to latch onto the SSBMW ride.