Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #2056
donaldlav
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Swingarm Chain Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey V View Post
Don,
Sure, I'll make you a kit but it will be about two weeks as it takes about three hours to make a set and my work schedule is very full. I only made three kits for the people who committed to but them.

Dewey
Thanks Dewey, send me an email to the following address when you are ready for payment: donaldlav@yahoo.com
Looking forward to some durable material for once on the swing arm. Regards, Donald LaVigne, Augusta, GA
donaldlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #2057
nitsuj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
If anyone knows of an Elefant for sale in the eastern US, let me know. It may be just the solution I've been looking for! I was thinking of selling my 1098 and finding an older GS, but if I can stick with Duc and still have a big comfy adventure bike, I'd love it!
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #2058
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 564
road legal

Got her all inspected, insured, registered and plated... sweet bike !!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #2059
Jerrykap
Motorbike mishugana

Oddometer: 222
To all you Mahoots out there, this bike will soon be for sale locally and I'd like to give the enthusiast community first crack at owning a great `Fant. Call me at 530-902-1670 or email jerrykap@pacbell.net if you have an interest.

C-ya, Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrykap View Post
Am I the 1st guy to ride an`87 650 down into the Copper Canyon? Where's my prize? I went to the ADV gathering in Creel and did all the good stuff in the area.

Actually the bike was damn near perfect. No problems at all other than me overloading the subframe. Even it's rather poor gas mileage was never a problem with 140 mile range.

C-ya,
Jerrykap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #2060
Jerrykap
Motorbike mishugana

Oddometer: 222
I guess you have to click the little yellow arrow to see the photos with the original post...or just get in touch with me and i'll send you some current pics. C-ya, Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrykap View Post
Now that she's home I'll give her lots of TLC so that we can do it again.

C-ya,
Jerrykap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #2061
donaldlav
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Chain Slider

Dewey,
Just following up on the progress of the Elefant 900 chain slider. Also, there are about 8 Gran Canyon 900 riders actively looking for chain sliders. I don't know if it's worth your time and effort but I do have a list of GC folks who are eager for a replacement. I could provide a new GC slider for a template if necessary.

Thanks again,
Donald LaVigne
Augusta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlav View Post
Thanks Dewey, send me an email to the following address when you are ready for payment: donaldlav@yahoo.com
Looking forward to some durable material for once on the swing arm. Regards, Donald LaVigne, Augusta, GA
donaldlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #2062
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 4,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlav View Post
Dewey,
Just following up on the progress of the Elefant 900 chain slider. Also, there are about 8 Gran Canyon 900 riders actively looking for chain sliders. I don't know if it's worth your time and effort but I do have a list of GC folks who are eager for a replacement. I could provide a new GC slider for a template if necessary.

Thanks again,
Donald LaVigne
Augusta, GA

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #2063
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 564
Elefant Treffen U.S.A.

Has there ever been an Elefant get together in the U.S.A. ?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #2064
desmo916sp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
USA Rally

I am all for one ... anyone want to take the lead..??
desmo916sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #2065
MotorCade
Rugby whore

Oddometer: 457
I'm in.

Let's get a list of who all is interested in something like this, and then we can try to start figuring out logistics. I'll start a thread.

Cade
MotorCade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #2066
Bevelhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Sounds good.
Bevelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #2067
Mikezilla
Big in Japan

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey V View Post
Kurt,
Here is another photo showing the upper and lower portions. I made them as an upper and lower with machined aluminum spacers to compensate for the bolt holes being on a different plane than the surface where the slider sits.
These have about a thousand miles on them and are barely marked by the chain, plus they're a lot smoother than the original material. I made them on a manual mill (no CNC) so it takes a couple of hours to whittle out a set. Would 75 dollars a set, shipped, be OK? That would include a complete kit of bolts, spacers and sliders.

I would also be in for a set if you should be so kind. please message me at Sushibreath69@yahoo.com Cheers!
Mikezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #2068
advantagecp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
For a 2000 GC? I would be glad to pay $75 for a set.
advantagecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #2069
Chadd
I live in the wrong place

Oddometer: 467
Speedo gear.

I managed to source a new speedo drive unit including gear from the EU and made a mold of the new gear. I have cast a few gears using the mold and I put one of them in the Elefant yesterday to do some testing with it. It it holds up well I will more than likely cast some of these and offer them up to those in search of speedo gears. So if you are looking for one keep an eye out here and I will post my test results.
03 WR250F
95 GasGas JT25
Chadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #2070
Motophile
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
94 e900

I have a 94 E900 with extremely low miles that has been just collecting dust in my garage for years. It has some scratches, fading and rigged up front fender but otherwise good shape. Corbin seat. New chain, sprockets, tires, clutch fibers and springs, extra tire. Needs further upgrading to be a great ride but it is a perfect platform to start. Tank has been drained and will need battery and maybe a quick carb cleaning to fire up. A serious inquiry will get me motivated to get it running, or if you prefer you can do it yourself. Don't ride much anymore and want other toys. $4000 firm. Fort Worth, TX. Did I mention extremely low miles? Serious inquiries and I can dig it out for pics. I have posted pics of it and offered to sell it before in this thread years ago, a search might find photos.
Thanks, Ron
Motophile is offline   Reply With Quote