Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by groop View Post
Most roads (and 99% of Mulholland) don't have paparazzi. There's another spot a little before this place where a lone photographer sits in the bushes on the left-hand side taking photos for his website. Sometimes the first thing you notice is the glare or reflection on his lens. He can startle you as well..
Thats Paul. I was the first person to buy a shot from him when he started. He used to be much further down the hill.
He sometimes sits a few turns down in the morning then moves up to that switchback later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
I've been watching rnickeymouse's videos for a long time. Paraphrasing something he wrote in the comments a long time ago, that is more than a "small bump." There is a big heave there that loads/unloads/loads the suspension when you cross it.
I have ridden that road hundreds of times in the last 10 years - there is no small bump anywhere in there. Many of the guys that crash are showing off for the crowd of people up there on sundays and riding above their abilities.
You can see lots of other video of people going through there much faster without issue.

The full blown asshattery that goes on up there on the weekends (as well as Ageles Crest) has prompted substantial police presence increase and as a result of all of the above I rarely go up there anymore....
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is online now   Reply With Quote