Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #5551
T-REDZ OP
TeMMyReDDeviL

Oddometer: 1,037
Ada di"sebelah" bro... hehehehehee... Yuk kesebelah aja.. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DendyJ View Post
Where the hell is everybody???

Been out with a broken leg but now I am back..
Wassup Everyone?

"Just For The Love Of The Ride"
www.ADVentourider.wordpress.com
T-REDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #5552
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Any chance someone knows where to rent a KLX150 near Medan, Sumatra?
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #5553
dpouwel
Petualang

Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
hi all,

sorry for no reply in a long time, i had to run out of the country for visa reasons. am in northern borneo now but will probably need to come back to Indonesia soon. first to java, then to sumatra and then onto the malaysian peninsular. to everyone that suggested places to visit, terra makasi! Bromo was amazing and so was Ijen, unfortunately i didnt get any time to visit Lombok properly due to bike problems that i had to get fixed in bali. kalimantan was awesome, met a whole heap of the biker communities in the east of the island that all looked after me completely!

dpouwel, it would be great to catch up in Joga if i make it there again. i will let you know.

for the moment, does anone know of somewhere in Java that i would be able to get 18 inch and 21 inch tires. both of mine are almost gone and will need replacing if i want to keep riding offroad.
Blackcap it is not difficult to find store which sell those, in every town must be at least 1 store you can get it

- www.innocentrider.wordpress.com
- dpouwel@gmail.com

dpouwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #5554
bokad
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
Getting to Sulawesi?

Some great pics in this thread. Wish I had found it sooner! We are travelling around Indonesia now for a few months and have met lots of great bikers. They say "all bikers are brothers" and they really mean it. Now we are in Timor and trying to get to Sulawesi (Makassar or Pantai Bira). I'm having a hard time finding out about ferry and cargo ship options. Can any of you guys help or give information about getting from Timor or Flores to Sulawesi with our bike?
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #5555
big_jim
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokohmisterius View Post
Beuhh..pantainya makyoooush ni di mana kang...barangkali memungkinkan ni..

salam kenal from Buffo...dari kota kembang
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsstwn View Post

Ini adalah keren sekali...
KLX ya... yg 250 cc bukan ??
Reply dari :
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post16260704

WADOH ..... hampir lupa, malah kaget sendiri lihat postingan setahun yg lalu ..... sorry guys baru reply nih.
ini perjalanan dari jakarta ke ujung kulon PP (tapi dengan jalur balik yg berbeda

street - semi offroad - sand driving - river crossing - offroad lengkap deh

coba melengkapi foto-fotonya yah ..... sambil meramaikan lapak yg kok jadi sepi geneeee .....

Hari PERTAMA
Jakarta - Bayah melalui jalur pegunungan, sangat jarang yg melewati jalur ini .... dapat dikatakan satu jam perjalanan tidak bertemu siapa siapa. jangan tertipu dengan jalan beton mulus yg ada di foto, ini hanya part kecil diarea rawan longsor .... selebihnya jalan batu macadam dan tanah (semi offroad)

Hari KEDUA
Bayah - Ujung kulon. Melalui jalur pasir pantai ..... ya, bukan jalanan yah .... menempuh 15-20 km yg terputus oleh 3-4 muara sungai (loh kok 3-4??? tergantung kondisi musim, muara sungai bisa hilang dulu saya juga pernah melalii rute ini dengan mobil 4x4 tanpa menemui satupun muara .... kering )

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMMMmmmmmmm ......
harus kecepatan 70-90km/jam (dibawah itu dijamin ambles ke pasir )

[youtube]za-fUuvCmO0[/youtube]

di hajar ombak nyi roro kidul .... ha ha ha

Hari KETIGA (pulang)

perjalanan ini dilakukan hanya berdua, KLX 150 dan KLX 250 pada tahun 2010

big_jim screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 11:00 PM
big_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #5556
bennoit
Bennoit

Oddometer: 3
motorbike for rent needed, and routes java advice???

Hi Guys,

I hve been travelling on a honda win for the last four months through vietnam, laos and cambodia (had to sell it).
I will fly to indonesia on the 3th of august to jakarta. I think I want to take a train to yogjakarta and rent/buy a motorbike there. I have to be on bali on the 8th till the 30th of september to meet up with my girlfriend (want to drive on bali with her on the back for short distances), and fly out of jakarta on the 3th of oktober (so will be in a hurry to drop the bike of and get back to jakarta).
Does anybody have any advise on routes to take?
Does anybody have any advice on how to get a bike for this trip? I am looking for an all road bike 200cc, but will consider alternatives if ou think they are better. Unfortunately my budget is rather limited. I/we travel light. Can I rent something like this easily? or are there places where I can buy, and then sell back again?
hope to hear from you!

Grtz Benno
bennoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #5557
deechesster
n00b

Oddometer: 1
misi om

akhirnya bisa post juga di marih.. tadinya cm mantau liat2 poto aja
boleh gabung ga yah?
ada yg jual stiker ADV ga di marih?

salken yah...

The Road Ahead is Endless

deechesster screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 07:05 AM
deechesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #5558
Wisedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennoit View Post
Hi Guys,

I hve been travelling on a honda win for the last four months through vietnam, laos and cambodia (had to sell it).
I will fly to indonesia on the 3th of august to jakarta. I think I want to take a train to yogjakarta and rent/buy a motorbike there. I have to be on bali on the 8th till the 30th of september to meet up with my girlfriend (want to drive on bali with her on the back for short distances), and fly out of jakarta on the 3th of oktober (so will be in a hurry to drop the bike of and get back to jakarta).
Does anybody have any advice on how to get a bike for this trip? I am looking for an all road bike 200cc, but will consider alternatives if ou think they are better. Unfortunately my budget is rather limited. I/we travel light. Can I rent something like this easily? or are there places where I can buy, and then sell back again?
hope to hear from you!

Grtz Benno
Hi. I suggest u buy used bike in jakarta. Can have a decent bike for under usd 1000 (better bring a local to do the negotiation). For choices, u can have 2004 honda tiger 200cc or 2008 bajaj pulsar 200cc. I would not recommend yamaha scorpio because of problems in the rear shock. Especially if u want to bring someone to ride with u.
for the route, stick to the northern coast route. More civilized and plenty gas station 24hours. But the downside is a bit crowded especially around 16-26 august because a lot of people will be traveling to their hometown (just like christmas time on steroid).
i myself will go to bali on 20th of august but taking the southern route jakarta, bandung, tasikmalaya, kebumen, magelang, jogjakarta, and then going north, solo, magetan, madiun, jombang, mojokerto, pasuruan, probolinggo, situbondo, banyuwangi, cross the strait to bali. Maybe we can meet up in bali, then if possible i would like to see lombok before pushing my ride back to jakarta before 2nd of september.

Wisedog screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 11:26 AM
Wisedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #5559
Wisedog
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jim View Post
Reply dari :

WADOH ..... hampir lupa, malah kaget sendiri lihat postingan setahun yg lalu ..... sorry guys baru reply nih.
ini perjalanan dari jakarta ke ujung kulon PP (tapi dengan jalur balik yg berbeda
Wow, bayah! Salken semua!
pernah sekali ke sana, tapi ga pake motor offroad dan ga nyebrang2 muara
Sawarna beach

Bayah

Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #5560
Luckay n BlackAngels
Hard Rijder

Oddometer: 277
[QUOTE=big_jim;19151554]Reply dari :

street - semi offroad - sand driving - river crossing - offroad lengkap deh

coba melengkapi foto-fotonya yah ..... sambil meramaikan lapak yg kok jadi sepi geneeee .....

Hari PERTAMA
Jakarta - Bayah melalui jalur pegunungan, sangat jarang yg melewati jalur ini .... dapat dikatakan satu jam perjalanan tidak bertemu siapa siapa. jangan tertipu dengan jalan beton mulus yg ada di foto, ini hanya part kecil diarea rawan longsor .... selebihnya jalan batu macadam dan tanah (semi offroad)

waaahh..!! saya pernah lewat jalur ini jg, oom.. waktu akhir tahun 2010..

RR lengkapnya ada di sini : http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649957

regardz, pizz n'gazz truzz..
Johnny da Black Angel (Scorpio Z225'08)

hard ride_smart ride d^_^b
"hIduP gAk s'LamAnya SEmulUs jaLan aSpaL..Tapi hIdup jUga Gak S'laManya sEsuLit JalAn lUmpuR atau berKeriKil.... Sooo.. Gaazz Truzzz..."
Luckay n BlackAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #5561
bennoit
Bennoit

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisedog View Post
Hi. I suggest u buy used bike in jakarta. Can have a decent bike for under usd 1000 (better bring a local to do the negotiation). For choices, u can have 2004 honda tiger 200cc or 2008 bajaj pulsar 200cc. I would not recommend yamaha scorpio because of problems in the rear shock. Especially if u want to bring someone to ride with u.
for the route, stick to the northern coast route. More civilized and plenty gas station 24hours. But the downside is a bit crowded especially around 16-26 august because a lot of people will be traveling to their hometown (just like christmas time on steroid).
i myself will go to bali on 20th of august but taking the southern route jakarta, bandung, tasikmalaya, kebumen, magelang, jogjakarta, and then going north, solo, magetan, madiun, jombang, mojokerto, pasuruan, probolinggo, situbondo, banyuwangi, cross the strait to bali. Maybe we can meet up in bali, then if possible i would like to see lombok before pushing my ride back to jakarta before 2nd of september.
Hey wisedog,

thanxs for thereply. On what basis do youa advise the northerly route? Nicer scenery or more civilized?
I don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a bike (even if i can sell it afterwards) so will have to look for another option.

grtz!
bennoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #5562
Wisedog
Adventurer

Quote:
Hey wisedog,

thanxs for thereply. On what basis do youa advise the northerly route? Nicer scenery or more civilized?
I don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a bike (even if i can sell it afterwards) so will have to look for another option.

grtz!
more civilized. plenty of gas station that opens 24hrs.
I find it cheaper if you fly to bali. max u spent 250 usd on 2 way ticket from jakarta.
i almost book a 2way ticket for my wife on 25th and 28th august using batavia air cost around 160usd. but she decided not to go.
fyi other public trans will cost u roughly the same but less convenient.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #5563
andyhol
volcano rider

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Hi Guys,

hope to hear from you!

Grtz Benno
hey mate I live in jogjakarta,
if you've been riding a honda win for the past few months you should set your sights lower in terms of a bike here.

In terms of budget and bike it would help if you let us know how much you are working with... and of course what you are looking for. Does the bike have to be full manual or is a step though ok? capacity is it really that crucial?

250cc is the maximun local bike limit with prices for such bikes being high no matter what condition. the only dual-sport (if thats what you mean by all-road) is the klx 150 or 250 both of which are well out of your budget.

When you get to jogja look in the local newspapers or have a look on tokobagus.com
http://motor-dan-sekuter.tokobagus.com/yogyakarta-di/ for bikes local to here.
To give you an idea of prices...
Manual Bikes-
'77 honda cg 125 ~350usd
'82 kawasaki kh 100 ~250usd
'07 suzuki thunder (gs) 125~ 750
'95 honda tiger 200 ~650usd
Step-throughs
'04 suzuki shogun 125 ~500usd
'86 suzuki bravo 100 ~175usd

I've got some tools, some space and can help you find something if you want.
I can ask around for you to see if someone is willing to rent a bike to you for some time.
I could possibly be interested in a buy back if its the right bike.

In regards to your route to bali from Jogja, i strongly suggest that you do not take the north route ie jogja-solo-surybaya-bangywangi it is very dangerous because its the main java highway. not recommended as an introduction to indonesian roads. the southern coast route is much more pretty and sedate.
if i'm on a bike i always take this route. its nearly as fast but so much nicer. forget the 'more civilised route', its not true, the north route is so much more aggressive and dangerous. there is petrol everywhere in java. you dont need to buy 24hrs from a petrol station as you wont ( i hope ) be 'le-mans' driving. Nice accomodation is easier to find on the south route too.

I'll be around until the 10th of aug, after that i have to go away for work. PM me if you want my phone number. I can put you up for a night or 2 when you get to jogja and maybe take you for a ride on the volcano.

Cheers Andy
Old 08-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #5564
isgila
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Riding to Kalimantan

Salam dari Singapore semua..
Saya ingin pertolongan dari riders riders di Kalimantan. Saya dalam process untuk ride di Borneo tahun depan.
Saya akan tiba bersama motor dari Kuching, Malaysia. Mahu ride ke Pontianak- balikpapan. Dari balikpapan akan ke Nunukan utk menaiki boat ke Tawau,Sabah, Malaysia. Terus ride pulang ke Kuching, Malaysia
Adakah saya perlu Carnet utk motor saya?
Apakah dokument yang saya perlu ada?
Ada nombor atau email yang bisa membantu saya utk saya masuk ke Kalimantan?
Boat dari Nunukan ke Tawau bisa angkat motor saya?
Saya berterima kasih atas pertolongan pertolongan riders indonesia.
Bisa email saya di
isgila@yahoo.com.sg atau PM saya..
Terima kasih..
isgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #5565
ripermana
n00b

Oddometer: 2
testing

RAJA MANDALA..testing trailer buat persiapan turing ujungkulon ke banyuwangi jalur selatan/jln kls 3
ripermana is offline   Reply With Quote