User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
martyman5000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Ride to Northbay?

Thinking about riding to North bay Friday afternoon and camp in a provincial park and head home mid Saturday after doing some trail riding...nothing heavy or demanding, never been up that far.
martyman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
intotheabis
High on life!

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
Anyone have a good route for a ride this long weekend? The weather is forecast clear.
What type of ride are you looking for? I have a few that are easily accessible from your location.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
intotheabis
High on life!

Oddometer: 592
Great idea for a thread

This is going to be an awesome thread, good job
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by intotheabis View Post
What type of ride are you looking for? I have a few that are easily accessible from your location.

A good day ride with gravel, dirt road and some double track. Something for the 1150gs.
TOTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
sherpaguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyman5000 View Post
Thinking about riding to North bay Friday afternoon and camp in a provincial park and head home mid Saturday after doing some trail riding...nothing heavy or demanding, never been up that far.
Good time to head to the bay-- our snow is gone!!
Really is a great place to live or even visit. Which park? The ride around Lake Nippissing is good some nice twisty roads.
sherpaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

I went for a little 6 hr ride east from TO past the metro zoo, up Wesney Rd . then made my way farther east across Boundary road to the Mosport area. There are a number of Unassumed roads that are great for a little dirt riding.
I've been to the area before but each time I discover new tracks.
I got caught leaning the wrong way in a deep rut and had 1 minor off, along with many saves.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
KLRUSERIOUS?
Farkle-whore

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
I went for a little 6 hr ride east from TO past the metro zoo, up Wesney Rd . then made my way farther east across Boundary road to the Mosport area. There are a number of Unassumed roads that are great for a little dirt riding.
I've been to the area before but each time I discover new tracks.
I got caught leaning the wrong way in a deep rut and had 1 minor off, along with many saves.
Speaking of Mosport - Vintage bike week coming up starting Aug 17th...FYI not FYYFF
KLRUSERIOUS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #23
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 386
Marty made his way up to Peterborough yesterday and we headed north through Buckhorn into the Crystal Lake area trails. The trails are very dry and for the most past passable without having to do a lot of deep water crossing so, we explored a couple of new trails to me.

We made our way to Gooderham to buy batteries for my GPS and fluids to re-hydrate with as it was very hot going in the bush. Had lunch and then made our way east to Tory Hill and down the Hadington Rd. with plans to make our way down to the Eels Lake Rd. The Hadington Forest Access Rd. had a few more water crossings which, at one point Marty decided to cool off and take the KLR and himself in for a dip (no pictures available). We got to the east end of the Pencil Lake Rd.\trail and decided to head back west towards Hwy #507 and down to Flynn's Corners to top up with gas and head for home.

We both had a good day of riding and will have to arrange a group ride in the near future to go exploring in the area.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #24
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

Sounds like you had a great day of riding. Are these roads manageable on my 1150gs?
I would love to get in on a group ride.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
martyman5000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario GS View Post
Marty made his way up to Peterborough yesterday and we headed north through Buckhorn into the Crystal Lake area trails. The trails are very dry and for the most past passable without having to do a lot of deep water crossing so, we explored a couple of new trails to me.

We made our way to Gooderham to buy batteries for my GPS and fluids to re-hydrate with as it was very hot going in the bush. Had lunch and then made our way east to Tory Hill and down the Hadington Rd. with plans to make our way down to the Eels Lake Rd. The Hadington Forest Access Rd. had a few more water crossings which, at one point Marty decided to cool off and take the KLR and himself in for a dip (no pictures available). We got to the east end of the Pencil Lake Rd.\trail and decided to head back west towards Hwy #507 and down to Flynn's Corners to top up with gas and head for home.

We both had a good day of riding and will have to arrange a group ride in the near future to go exploring in the area.
I'm working on fixing my power issues for my GPS and will buy a 13 or 14 sprocket for next time...John can answer the question about the if a GS1150 could do the trails, If my bike weighed 100lbs less I wouldn't complain. And I was 90% dry after falling down by the time I got home ; ) that had to be one of the warmest days I've experienced in Ontario.
martyman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Are these roads manageable on my 1150gs?
I would love to get in on a group ride.
What we did yesterday could be done with knobbies on a GS but, in my opinion I wouldn't take my GS through it. I could certainly plot a nice mix of on & off-road in a route for you.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

I've gained some confidence off road on the PIG but still find single track intimidating.
I like double track and dirt and gravel. Getting better in sand but still hairy.
I have yet to try any water crossings, other then big puddles.
Looking forward to some new tracks.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
revitup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
3-4 Days No Problem

I could be interested, just finished a solo run to Radisson, retired, camped, 2011, 1200, GSA, 37K klms,(done Dempster and Trans Lab) Burlington, the less trafic the better.
revitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
PaulT
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Great idea

I'm in. PM will go.

I'm at Dufferin and St. Clair, just down the road from Eduardo, and my Super Enduro gets parked just down the street from George when it takes me to work.
PaulT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,708
I love riding in the rain.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote