Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #1816
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
In the earbud clamps, there's a series resistor to drop the volume to the earbud socket, so you won't blow out your hearing.

A few folks have modified their clamps, bypassing the internal resistors, and fashioning speakers with a 3.5mm plug, and an adapter with the resistors to connect inline for the earbuds.

I did this to mine, with Koss 40 Titaqnioum drivers. Works incredibly well, and plenty of volume and almost too much bass, even wearing my E.A.R. ear plugs. I set it up to switch from the Sena to the Wing oem intercom wiring, but I have to change mic elements, which is a bit of a pain. The Sena is electret element, where-as the Wing intercom requires a dynamic (Ed-sets or J&M type) element. I will eventually try to make the dynamic element work with the Sena, but not ambitious enough lately to get-er done. Anyone done this? Seems like it would just require a 250k to 1 meg resistor in series with the Dynamic element to drop the output way low.

Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #1817
FozMaster
Air Pirate

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingwing View Post
Smartphone question:
If you have SiRi or "Google Now" you can talk to your phone via the mic..easy enough..
..but...
When I've got the SMH10 on and paired to the phone I can answer a phone call or listen to music
but I've not figured out to just talk the phone (like you need to with SiRI or Google Now).

Is that possible?

thanks,
Dennis
On my SMH 5, which is paired with my iPhone 4S, I have dictated and sent texts, had Siri read texts to me, and told Siri to play specific songs and playlists. I don't know what other voice commands you may need while riding, but I would think you could do just about anything.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #1818
wingwing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by FozMaster View Post
On my SMH 5, which is paired with my iPhone 4S, I have dictated and sent texts, had Siri read texts to me, and told Siri to play specific songs and playlists. I don't know what other voice commands you may need while riding, but I would think you could do just about anything.
I used SiRi as an example to try and explain what I'm trying to do.
Actually, I'm trying to do this on a Nexus Android phone.

It does not seem to work the way you are describing how your iPhone works.
I can't dictate or anything on the Android.. only talk on the phone or have it select from my contact lists..
..but that's still just an extended "phone" function, I think.

I've got an app called EMFB.
It can show weather or turn on texting intercept and auto responder and do other mapping functions by voice command..
... great on the bike when I can't type too easily.
But, I can't get it to work with the SMH10 hooked up..
... works great just using the mic on the phone.

It seemed to work two months ago.
but since then Verizon has upgraded the OS and I've upgraded the SENA headset..
.. not sure which one broke it..

Dennis
wingwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #1819
bherman
Ærn æærrrn!

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
I would bet that you have a problem other than firmware, such as a corrupt download of 4.1 or something else. I say this because the annunciation stuff did not change from 4.0 to 4.1 -- I still get all the voices in my head [g] telling me battery status, phone and media connected, etc.

Did you do a full reset (push a pin into the little hole) after updating to 4.1 and did you remove all pairings on all devices and start fresh?

-dan
Sorry for the delayed answer, was out on a two week ride.

No, i did not do a full reset, only removed the pairing from the phone and paired up that again.

I will reinstall v4.1 and do the full reset, to see if it gets any better. Could really use some boost in the mike, as it makes a HUGE difference where it is situated. Right now the mike has to be precisely in front of the mouth to hear each other without shouting.

During the last week though, with v4.0, both my GF and i experienced loss of sound in the left speaker while having a conversation, but still had sound from music and the Sena lady. Nether of the pins appear to be dented so don't know what's going on there. Not much of a confidence booster in the unit, having it fail like that after about a month of total use.
bherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #1820
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 339
Lost Media with Android phone

Well dang it!

I finally around to flashing the 4.1 update (actually did the 4.1.1) and I've lost the media connection with my Droid Incredible 2. The phone shows it as a phone & media connection, but I get no music. When I turn the Sena and it does the BT handshake, I only hear the Sena Lady say "Phone Connected" and never get the "Media Connected"

I've flashed the firmware twice, with a factory reset every time. I've the removed the pairing in the phone each time, and have done a full reboot on the phone each time...still no love.

For whatever reason the new flash on my Wife's headset appears to work fine with her AT&T Skyrocket...so go figure
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #1821
dualsportride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
After the new update has anyone else noticed the weird sounds when you get to far from the other rider that you are talking to? We use them for dirt bike riding, so in the woods you get seperated, and when you do it sounds like a banjo playing. I didn't do this until I updated the to 4.1
dualsportride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #1822
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsportride View Post
After the new update has anyone else noticed the weird sounds when you get to far from the other rider that you are talking to? We use them for dirt bike riding, so in the woods you get seperated, and when you do it sounds like a banjo playing. I didn't do this until I updated the to 4.1
Yup

Noticed that starting with the 4.0 update
Old 08-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #1823
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
... The only weak link with this unit though is the earbud baseplate. I've already destroyed two of them. One had already been reinforced with plastic weld stuff. ...

But other than that, I'm quite happy with the capabilities
I agree, I love mine, but now that it is out of warranty, when it breaks I'll likely replace it with the SMH5.
I don't need the extra range of the SMH10, and the base-plate / electrical connection set up of the SMH5 looks much more robust.
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #1824
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bherman View Post
During the last week though, with v4.0, both my GF and i experienced loss of sound in the left speaker while having a conversation, but still had sound from music and the Sena lady. Nether of the pins appear to be dented so don't know what's going on there. Not much of a confidence booster in the unit, having it fail like that after about a month of total use.
I have something screwy going on with the left-right stereo/mono thing also....
Some podcasts I listen to only come out of one speaker or the other, and and setting my iPhone 3Gs
(Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Mono Audio) seems to fix some stuff, but break other stuff....
I haven't been able to figure out any pattern to it ... YET
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #1825
hellboy2232
n00b

Oddometer: 3
audio skipping

Any one have really bad skipping with audio? Mine is fine until after I use the intercom. After my wife and I finish a conversation the music starts skipping really bad on both of ours. Its wierd cause Its only after a intercom convo. Anyone else getting this?
hellboy2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #1826
hellboy2232
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaninsea View Post
Thanks Dan.

Factory reset did the trick! hold the phone button for 12 sec and hit the jog button within 5 seconds. iPhone now reconnects. Hopefully it won't sound like a skippinf CD anymore.

Tried the fault reset using the pinhole in the back, but that didn't resolve the issue. Figured it wouldn't hurt.

Let me know if you can resolve the fuel strip issue on the GS!

Alan
So is your audio fixed. Mine skips really bad but only after a intercom conversation.
hellboy2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #1827
Dirt Diver
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
This seems like the headset for me.

Has anyone mounted to a BMW Enduro helmet succesfully?
01 VFR800 Sold and missed.
Adventurers like it dirty!
Dirt Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #1828
twofur
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
When updating to 4.1 and 4.1.1 my sena only says phone connected now. I also though the media didn't work until I realized that it now defaults the volume to off after the update, so I turned up the volume and the media now works...

Kurt
twofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #1829
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 907
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Diver View Post
This seems like the headset for me.

Has anyone mounted to a BMW Enduro helmet succesfully?
No problem - we can help you mount the Sena setup on any motorcycle helmet.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #1830
Dirt Diver
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
No problem - we can help you mount the Sena setup on any motorcycle helmet.
Should've clarified, clamp not d/s tape.
01 VFR800 Sold and missed.
Adventurers like it dirty!
Dirt Diver is offline   Reply With Quote