Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #166
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
That is a generous offer, and since the Motoport gloves are also already in transit, if both pairs fit me, I will do a side-by-side long term review and post my results here. If they do not fit, I will find them a good home with one of my riding buddies.
Thank you for resolving this as you did; this was certainly not asked for or expected, as I had cancelled the order, and I am impressed that you feel strongly enough about the quality of your product to make such a gesture.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #167
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Just got mine in Oz...

My gloves arrived last week, took 3 weeks to get here, but the wait was worth it . RE the sizing, I held off for a while as I wasn't sure what size to get. I normally wear an XL so I ordered an XL and it fits fine..... The sizing chart would have put me in a large, but I think all the protection necessitates a larger size than the palm measurement suggests (I'm 9 1/2" - no quips ).

The glove fits well and surprisingly the leather feels quite supple and soft, they are not as bulky as the picture would suggest.

Cheers,

Adrian

ps. I'd buy a roo skin pair in a shot...........
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #168
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Still waiting on my Paypal refund for returning the first pair which were delivered back to the vendor on 7/13. Since I have received no response to my email directly to the vendor, I'll try posting here, as that is the way contact was established the last time. John: The XL pair fit fine, so I will respectfully refuse the offer of these being a free pair, so please keep the second Paypal payment which you received. If I may have my original $106 returned sometime soon, however, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #169
eddielyle
n00b

Oddometer: 5
So I ordered a pair of gloves and after waiting 2 weeks for delivery, They arrived on July 6 and they were too small. I sent an email on how to exchange and got no reply but a canned, "we will respond in 3-5 days." I waited and no response. I called and left a message on the machine. Waited and no response. I finally sent them back with a letter explaining I wanted to exchange. They were delivered back to Spokane on July 21st. It has now been 17 days, no response, no gloves, no nothing. Not too thrilled with the overwhelming customer service that I have received. I know it is a one man shop, but seriously, the lack of customer service is not being well received.
eddielyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #170
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

I just returned from a 10-day trip rotating between the Exhibition Pros, the Motoport Kevlar, and my old faithful Lee Parks Deerskins. I have to say the exhibition pros were very comfortable and broke in quickly. They definitely appear to offer great protection, but they are not without their faults. I found them very tedious to put on, as the large velcro wrist strap and the skinny long velcro strap tend to stick together. The long strap also comes out of the roller when you put them on, and it is a tricky procedure getting the second one through while wearing the first glove which you put on. Also, the big velcro adjuster has velcro right up to the end of the strap, which makes it really difficult to peel apart when you are taking the first glove off. They do not flow any air that I could feel, and once your hands get sweaty, they are more difficult to put on and take off. The stitching doesn't look as robust as the Motoport gloves, but time will tell whether they hold up well. At $106, they seem to offer alot, but unfortunately, I have still not received my Paypal refund for the first pair I returned, so these cost me $212 as of right now, and I am having no luck at all getting my proper refund back. The generous offer of giving me the second pair free after screwing up the order was a nice gesture, but at this point not only was it never followed through upon, but the initial payment due back has not even been returned.
Summary:
Gloves - B+
Service - F
Patience required - unlimited
Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 AM   #171
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
The long strap also comes out of the roller when you put them on, and it is a tricky procedure getting the second one through while wearing the first glove which you put on.
This was my first and biggest beef. I sewed on an extra inch of velcro and the problem went away. I would agree with the remainder of the comments. Fit is good, breaking in nicely, and solid feeling. The inner liner occasionally needs some adjusting for me, but I've got mangled up fingers from multiple breaks so it's likely unique to me.

I bought mine through another inmate who miscalculated sizing, so cannot comment on supplier other than they make a very nice product at a great price.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #172
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,986
They are great gloves, other than the too short strap. That borders on bizarre considering VG switched to 360 velcro, but left it about 2" short I mean, other than annoying the end user, whats the point of that? I plan on doing as Joe did, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Too bad they can't get it together though. The best product in the world will die without support. Maybe, he's packed it up? Bummer since it is such a great product.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #173
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 635
what to say?

The truth!

I haven't packed it up, I've been offline for roughly 2 weeks plus, not really by choice. I am an honorable person and will take care of anyone's issues, I'm just hoping that most understand.

I recently stopped by an aquaintances house to speak with him in regard to some funds that I was owed. I loaned someone in my extended family roughly 3k with the only requirement that he payback 2500k. I went to his house to "discuss" the funding situation because he hasn't and will not return any correspondence. This is my wife's cousin to be specific.

Well, to make a long story short, I was assaulted by my wife's cousin and friend while trying to simply "discuss" the money owed and trying to come to some resolution. Not being one to "take it", let's just say that I had reached my breaking point. All I saw was RED and lots of it. Now I'm not a "fighter", I hate fighting, however when pushed into a corner I become a little crazy, to put it lightly. After the "friend" sucker punched me while I was sitting in my truck with my seatbelt on, the cousin thought he would give it a go as well. Unfortunately for him, he received multiple beatings upon the head while I remained seatbelted and it was clear this made him "unhappy"..

I've been riding my mtb to rehab my knee and upon retrieving his head from my arms, he decided to take my mountain bike out of the back of my truck and claim it as "his". Now I'm not stupid, I'm not about to get out of my vehicle when the odd's are against me and I was sure there were more "friends" inside the house. So, my vehicle became my weapon of choice, if you will. I didn't run anyone over but I promise you, you can't get any closer than I did...

I still can't believe that I'm typing this.....

Without getting more in depth, I'll just say that for 2 days I was willing to do WHATEVER it took to either get my money back or destroy an equal amount of property of his or who knows.

PLEASE REMEMBER; at this point, I had come completely unglued. If I was a gun owner, I probabvly wouldn't be a free man right now and that is absolutely no joke. This is an individual I've helped out before and the total and unbelieveable disrespect is unlike anything I've ever encountered. Normally, I could walk away from the situation but something about this specific instance took me to a place I've never been before.

My wife, hearing of the situation, made a phone call to my brother in Sac, Ca. and asked him to get me out of Spokane ASAP as she feared for what may come next. My wife has never seen me in this state and she could easily recognize that I had checked out mentally!

I will not see my $2500.00 it appears but thankfully I can swallow that without much trouble now. Last week though, he was either going to pay up one way or another and I was willing to bet my life on it!!!

So, as of today I am in Folsom Ca, getting my head straight and thankful that my wife and brother took charge of the situation.

I'll be back in Spokane next week as my son has a soccer game in Portland this weekend, where I'll probably meet up with my wife.

To me, this whole situation is unfucking believable! Situations like this is why I have a very small circle of friends, it seems that honor and integrity are things of the past!

Last time I checked I had over 300 emails, so patience is still going to be required. I was hoping to turn this thing around by this time but it looks like 2013 is the goal for a "reorganization".

yours truly
jf

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 02:22 PM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #174
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Thank you for refunding my Paypal account. I received the notice last week.
I wore these again yesterday for a 12-hour day of riding, and I really do love them. I would encourage any potential customer who has lots of patience to give these a go, as they are definitely my favorite gloves right now.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #175
eddielyle
n00b

Still waiting

OK. I saw that you got into some kind of attempted murder situation with a family member, but my gloves are still MIA. Been five weeks since I sent them back for an exchange... I hope these are worth the wait.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #176
eddielyle
n00b

Contact!

John contacted me and told me the gloves are going in the mail. Looking forward to them.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #177
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,447
Good to hear. I haven't had a response since June. :what:

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #178
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

I had my first ride in cooler temps last night (50s), and these were pretty warm. I wish the ordering process and customer service were better, as these gloves deserve to be more widely known.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #179
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 635
been awhile

Looking for comments on the Exhibition Pro's. If you have any, please send them my way:

support@highvelocitygear.com

also; I'm, looking at offering gloves in 2 formats:

a CE "seam burst" resistant glove, capable of passing THE ORIGINAL EN13594 glove seam testing. This glove would also be abrasion capable as well. It would LACK the "cut resistance" ability.

the point here would be to reduce cost, removing cut resistance can save up to $75.00 in retail pricing and would keep the finger and feel dexterity that most are accustomed to without a liner.

the second offering would offer the same attributes but would ALSO include cut resistance..

Any thoughts?

I'm switching manufacturers for 2013 and beyond; if you have suggestions PLEASE feel free..
sincerely
jf
john franklin

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 07:19 PM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #180
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,516
Feedback sent