ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #5011
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.
 
CanadianX's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 1,584
TKC 80s if they have them in 21" (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Riders,
I have gone through:
1) two sets of Pirelli MT 21's (won't buy again)
2) One front MotoZ HT Desert Tractionator (good on hard surface more than loose stuff)
3) Three Motoz Desert HT Tractionator rears (LOVE them on all surfaces...will continue to buy them....long life)
4) Two Pirelli Scorpion XCMH fronts (like them in loose stuff...good on pavement. too)


What is a good front tire (DOT) for mostly gravel and paved riding (No Dunlop 606's) ???

Yes to Heidenaus as a given....but saving those for Mexico
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #5012
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Riders,
I have gone through:
1) two sets of Pirelli MT 21's (won't buy again)
2) One front MotoZ HT Desert Tractionator (good on hard surface more than loose stuff)
3) Three Motoz Desert HT Tractionator rears (LOVE them on all surfaces...will continue to buy them....long life)
4) Two Pirelli Scorpion XCMH fronts (like them in loose stuff...good on pavement. too)


What is a good front tire (DOT) for mostly gravel and paved riding (No Dunlop 606's) ???

Yes to Heidenaus as a given....but saving those for Mexico
I spit on DOT front tires. Luckily I can get away without using the things here,
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #5013
Canyon Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Oddometer: 136
My first mod needs to be a bash plate. Are they all the same, or are some better than others?

Thanks.
__________________
10 GSA 30th, 14 HP4 Comp, 13 690 Enduro R
Canyon Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #5014
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Rider View Post
My first mod needs to be a bash plate. Are they all the same, or are some better than others?

Thanks.
Get one from Adventure Spec/Guard It.
Don't be put off by the price or shipping, I got mine in 1 day from the UK. Crazy! I can't get parts shipped across the state that quick.
It's beefy and has an extension that protects the rear brake master. If there's one plate for the 690, that's it.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #5015
Canyon Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
Get one from Adventure Spec/Guard It.
Don't be put off by the price or shipping, I got mine in 1 day from the UK. Crazy! I can't get parts shipped across the state that quick.
It's beefy and has an extension that protects the rear brake master. If there's one plate for the 690, that's it.
I'll try not to be put off by the price.

It is really nice looking.

Is it that much better than the $90 Flatland Racing?
__________________
10 GSA 30th, 14 HP4 Comp, 13 690 Enduro R
Canyon Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #5016
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Rider View Post
I'll try not to be put off by the price.

It is really nice looking.

Is it that much better than the $90 Flatland Racing?
it is that much better. I have the flatland plate, the Adventure spec plate, and the Rally-Raid UK rally plate. the rally plate is used for rally and the Adventure spec plate for everything else. the A spec plate is tough and offers much better protection than the flatland.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #5017
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Rider View Post
I'll try not to be put off by the price.

It is really nice looking.

Is it that much better than the $90 Flatland Racing?
The GIT has protection for the rear master and the sides are extended for better case protection as well.
Obviously it's up to your usage whether or not you need something with superior protection.

Feck!, just trying to recommend a product and turns out sounding like an insurance pitch.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #5018
Canyon Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
The GIT has protection for the rear master and the sides are extended for better case protection as well.
Obviously it's up to your usage whether or not you need something with superior protection.

Feck!, just trying to recommend a product and turns out sounding like an insurance pitch.
Thanks Seth, Barman!

I'll get the GIT in black.
__________________
10 GSA 30th, 14 HP4 Comp, 13 690 Enduro R
Canyon Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #5019
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man
 
bobzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost & Found again in the Great Basin
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Riders,
I have gone through:
1) two sets of Pirelli MT 21's (won't buy again)
2) One front MotoZ HT Desert Tractionator (good on hard surface more than loose stuff)
3) Three Motoz Desert HT Tractionator rears (LOVE them on all surfaces...will continue to buy them....long life)
4) Two Pirelli Scorpion XCMH fronts (like them in loose stuff...good on pavement. too)


What is a good front tire (DOT) for mostly gravel and paved riding (No Dunlop 606's) ???

Yes to Heidenaus as a given....but saving those for Mexico
fuck DOT
i use M-12 on the front but they are getting hard to find
__________________
Ride the DEZ
05 FE 550 Husaberg plated
08 FE 650 Husaberg plated
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #5020
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Rider View Post
Thanks Seth, Barman!

I'll get the GIT in black.
Excellent choice.

__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #5021
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
Excellent choice.

Bought another 690?
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #5022
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Bought another 690?
That was the first thing that came to mind after I saw the pic.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #5023
motoged
Studly Adventurer
 
motoged's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
fuck DOT
i use M-12 on the front but they are getting hard to find
Bob,
Ya, I guess the M-12's last on yer 690....cuz it doesn't run

The Pirelli XCMH is similar to the M-12 re: loose stuff.....and aggressive dirt-knobs....

Just looking for the right "in-between " front tire.....maybe the Mitas options will work well:

A friend, Colin, runs this outfit....and I have liked Mitas E09 Dakars in Baja on 450 EXC:

http://www.mx1canada.com/mitas-dual-...venture-tires/

These last better than Conti TKC's....
__________________
Ged Schwartz
Kamloops , BC


Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track




motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #5024
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Bought another 690?
I do miss it.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #5025
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
I do miss it.
I made that mistake before, so the 690, 950 and the Berg are staying
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015