User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 258 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #2161
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,120
It's looking more and more like the next update is going to be 8.0. It looks like the adaptive camo patterns might be a worthwhile purchase.....

Preliminary features list:
  • New Physics
Realistic model of vehicle movement: possibility to push ‘live’ vehicle, drive down slopes and jump from the cliffs. Thanks to new physics almost all cases of ‘stucking’ will be fixed. Tanks dynamics will be more realistic.
  • Personal emblems and inscriptions.
A large choice of personal emblems and inscriptions for vehicles, using which players will be able to make their vehicles more individual.
  • Changes and improvements of User Interface.
  1. Radial menu of messages. Improved system of fast messages will come along with new interface, making their use more comfortable and easy to understand. Some details can be found here.
  2. Enlarged after battle statistics. Information with battle results will be displayed in hangar after the round ends. It will have no limits in display time. Statistics will have lots of new details.
    Some details can be found here.
  3. Reworked Tech Trees. Tech Trees will receive new improved and informative interface. Player will be able to make purchases of unlocked modules and calculate experience till the next time without leaving the window. Also Tech Trees will now display vehicles according to their Tier.
  • Excluding game modes in random battles
Players will be able to exclude one or two game modes introduced in 7.4 from random battles. Standard battle will have no option to be excluded, because its core game mode.
  • New Camouflage system
Players will receive the possibility to purchase 3 types of camouflage which will coincide with 3 types of maps – ‘Summer’, ‘Winter’ and ‘Sand’. The ‘Summer’ pattern will be displayed only on summer maps, like Prohorovka, while the ‘Winter’ pattern will camouflage tanks only on ‘Winter’ maps. The ‘Sand’ camouflage will color the vehicle in a similar way on the more sandy maps like El Halluf. But the main thing in the update is the fact that adaptive camouflage will now give a 5% bonus to the camouflage rates of the vehicle.
  • New USSR TD’s**:
    • SU-100М-1 (Tier VII),
    • Uralmash-1 (Tier VIII),
    • SU-122-54 (Tier IX),
    • Object 263 (Tier X).
  • The first British Premium vehicle Matilda Black Prince.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #2162
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,588
I just read that too. looks good. I may just have to download the Beta when they open it up.
I also like that you can opt out of the Encounter and Assault battles if you want. I like those modes, but some nights it seems like it's all I get. If there are a bunch of idiots also playing, it's pretty painful.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #2163
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,324
Wow, those are some hefty changes.

I guess I'm for the mode choices, too. I try to go with the flow of the game, and not complain about maps or whatever (because, really, it all seemed good to me ... yes, even the change-up of having a lot of arty some battles, one or two the next, and none on some others) (funny about the guys who write comments of joy when they have a no-arty battle... they don't seem to do anything stellar to help the team when I watch them despite the loss of their 'foe', lol), but the "Assault" mode has been absolutely stinking for my 'attack' teams for two weeks now, and since I get 'assault' more than 'defend' I might just skip that mode most of the time.

Then again, there's the possibility that those who won't skip that mode will be much more forward-thinking and skilled players? Might be worth it, but... then if the defense side is skilled, there is usually no beating them.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #2164
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Then again, there's the possibility that those who won't skip that mode will be much more forward-thinking and skilled players? Might be worth it, but... then if the defense side is skilled, there is usually no beating them.
Good point. I wasn't planning on abandoning the other modes.
IMHO, if both sides are skilled and MM wasn't on a smoke break, it's usually a fun battle regardless of the outcome.

I'll just turn it off on those nights where every idiot in the world decided to play.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #2165
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,601
If the Matilda comes with the QF 17 pdr I will probably spring for that.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #2166
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,431
The game hasn't been as fun for me lately. They neutered my favorite vehicle to the point where I'm about to sell it, and i seem to attract idiots. Or i banged MM's mom and always matches me up with retards. I can't go more then 3 or 4 rounds before getting fed up.

I did have ONE good round yesterday in my T34 heavy which somehow absorbed a LOT of enemy shells and i managed to kill 3 and heavily damage 3 more. I guess the physics and luck engine were on my side.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #2167
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post

Speaking of fans, this was an inspiration to shut my system down just now and try to clean it out. A can of "Dust Off" spray air, all through the system, didn't seem to do much of anything, so I took Q-tips, wet the heads with a cleaner, and cleaned the fan surfaces of my chip and case fans - and that worked much better.

Always good to get those clean once in a while. (I may be on a summer fan-kick though - I took apart both house-fans we use here to clean their blades and the motor-area on the one I could get into easily... both are more efficient, and somewhat faster now) .
Once a year, I bring my system down to the garage and used compressed air to get all the dust out. Do it outside, because the amount of crap in there is disgusting. Same with the keyboard.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #2168
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Don"t see this very often.
We won.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #2169
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I was thinking about how much FPGT72 would have liked that battle, lol. I was thinking he would have ended up in a mental institution had he been there

You know it's gonna be an interesting and fun round with ten major arty per side

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 09:32 PM
Old 08-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #2170
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,120
Wow!!! Did either of you get a replay?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #2171
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,601
We won at Murkonova assault last night too. It was weird, we only lost 1 tank. Stay put and defend just doesn't make sense to people

That's a lot of arty!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #2172
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,246
Can tankers fall on their swords?
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #2173
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Wow!!! Did either of you get a replay?
I have one. I'll see if I can get it converted and post it up.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #2174
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Probably late and you guys already know, but for a comparison of size there is a "your bike with a tank" thread, and you may get to see one of your favorite tanks next to a bike for reference.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...617343&page=29

Edit: I think I have a picture somewhere in that thread of one of my bikes with a deuce and a half.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-19-2012 at 12:49 PM
Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #2175
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,431
That's a cool thread. Im always surprised about how large tanks actually are.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: