Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Quacamole OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Honda VFR 750 XC Makeover

Greetings from Estonia,

In a search for a perfect ralley bike, I decided to test my engineering skills and build on by myself. For the power source there were alot candidates DL/SV/TL 650/1000, XL650/1000, VF/VFR 500/750/800/1000/1100 but after spending lot of time in forums doing research and discussing with the owners I deciced to go for Honda VFR 750. The 300.000 km without
any major overhauls and 4-5l per 100km fuel consumption when being easy with the throttle were the arguments. And I also like the looks of V4 combared to V2's out there.

There is no certain budget for the build, but I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible and hoping to finish the build under 4000euros (ca.4900$). After couple of months donor hunting I found a crashbike from Holland's local advertising page. Got the bike for 400 euros and it was taken to Estonia in the back of the trunck in pieces. The papers say it's '96 year machine, though it has ''91 Model'' sticker on it. During the registration to the Estonian registry found out that the bike had been imported from US, so it's already an adventure bike. The odometer reading is 12467mi/20063km's, but no service book to confirm it, only owners words.

Design ideas and looks will be mixed from Tiger XC800, BMW F800Gs and KTM SMT and I hope to hit the roads next spring.

Here's 'before' pictures in my garage, 'after' will follow:

Quacamole is offline   Reply With Quote