Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Brun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Helinox Chair One review

I really like this chair. I can't help but say "Ahhh" every time I sit in it.

Ok, as mentioned above by a big person, this chair is better suited to a person of 'sensible' size. I'm 1.67m tall and 70kgs (5'6" and 154lbs) and it fits me like a glove. The chair packs very small and weighs practically nothing. Build quality is excellent. DAC / Helinox makes high-end hiking equipment and their alloy tent poles are used in many of the more expensive tents. The black junction pieces are not like the black plastic things you find on cheap chairs - these are very robust.

I tried it on some soft ground. The feet are similar to the feet on my camera tripod - they sink in a bit but then set firmly. I reckon if you can ride your bike over a bit of ground you can confidently sit in a Helinox without disappearing. Yet to try it in sand.

The feature I was particularly looking for is related to seat shape. My spine is well past 'use-by' date and it is critical that the lumbar region be well supported. This chair nicely forces my spine to stay straight while reclining. Sitting upright while fiddling with stoves etc feels perfectly stable and natural. I really like this chair - o, already said that.