User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
limeymike OP
Who Me?

Oddometer: 551
HD 110th Anniversary Additions.

Yes it's true! Harley Davidson are releasing some 2013 model rare collector bikes to celebrate their 110th anniversary.
Just like they did for their 105th, 100th, 95th, 90th blah blah blah. It must be SO boring to work in the HD marketing dept. Next they will be celebrating the anniversary of their chaps.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,423
So you thought you would start a thread about it with no content whatsoever.... Do you work for the HD marketing dept. by chance?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Yes it's true! Harley Davidson are releasing some 2013 model rare collector bikes to celebrate their 110th anniversary.
Just like they did for their 105th, 100th, 95th, 90th blah blah blah. It must be SO boring to work in the HD marketing dept. Next they will be celebrating the anniversary of their chaps.
I know, it's sad.

I'm going instead to visit the showrooms and look at all the new Cagiva, Ossa, Bultaco, Hodaka, Rickman, BSA, Norton, DKW, Bridgestone, Matchless, Montesa, Maico, CZ, Aprilla, Excelsior-Henderson, American Ironhorse, Horex, Mitsubishi and Izhmash models.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
So you thought you would start a thread about it with no content whatsoever.... Do you work for the HD marketing dept. by chance?

Shouldn't this be in JM?

Quote:
Come on now. How can they add a $5000 to the retail w/o it being a "special" edition. Much like their "SVO" bikes.........reep off! I love the term a lot of the OEM's are using now "Factory Custom"! If it is like that from the "factory" then it does not necessarily meet the definition of "custom" when they make 5000 of them!

1. made to the specifications of an individual customer (often in the combinations custom-built, custom-made)
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 756
Fuck all yall, the 110 Road King is my desktop background at work, I think it looks fantastic. All the Road King colors are nice this year. Fuck yas.

The 105s didn't do much for me, and but I think the 95s were really nice.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
limeymike OP
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
Fuck all yall, the 110 Road King is my desktop background at work, I think it looks fantastic. All the Road King colors are nice this year. Fuck yas.

The 105s didn't do much for me, and but I think the 95s were really nice.
You were on your high school debate team, I can tell with the smooth factual come back, impressive! QUOTE:> 'Fuck all yall" "Fuck yas"

limeymike screwed with this post 08-22-2012 at 10:03 AM
Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
limeymike OP
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

Yeah, busted. I've just been assigned the 2014 'how many things can we paint orange & black project. Thank god I didn't get the 2014 assless chaps and skull bandana redesign.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
limeymike OP
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeeater View Post
I know, it's sad.

I'm going instead to visit the showrooms and look at all the new Cagiva, Ossa, Bultaco, Hodaka, Rickman, BSA, Norton, DKW, Bridgestone, Matchless, Montesa, Maico, CZ, Aprilla, Excelsior-Henderson, American Ironhorse, Horex, Mitsubishi and Izhmash models.

Cakeeater

This is too easy.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
rokinrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Boring, no new models, no new technology. They are helping Victory sales more and more... Candy Green OOOHHHH Boyyy. I'm so disgusted with the MOCO.....
rokinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
You were on your high school debate team, I can tell with the smooth factual come back, impressive! QUOTE:> 'Fuck all yall" "Fuck yas"

fuck high school!
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,983
Another HD thread!! People just can't stop thinking about these bikes.
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
InDenial
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
You're absolutely correct. The new models, especially for the CVO's, are pretty much a copy of last year. They included LED lights on the CVO Road Glide. They do need help with the paint schemes. I also would rather see more chrome on the engines rather that the "blacked out" look. However, the bikes always look better in person. You can't beat the way a Harley runs though. And they are a lot more dependable and cost less for maintainence than a lot of other brands I read about on this forum.
InDenial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
jersey jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 973
The 110th Anniversary Road King is luvverly. I really like the bronze/black paint scheme.

At first glance it seems like a bit of a rip off, at $20,999 it's quite a bit more than a Vivid Black bike at $17, 699.

But 2 tone paint ups that to $18,504.

Once you factor in the $295 cruise control and $1195 security and abs that are included, as well as the chrome and black on the wheels that can't be gotten on the standard bike it actually seems reasonable.

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey jim View Post
The 110th Anniversary Road King is luvverly. I really like the bronze/black paint scheme.

At first glance it seems like a bit of a rip off, at $20,999 it's quite a bit more than a Vivid Black bike at $17, 699.

But 2 tone paint ups that to $18,504.

Once you factor in the $295 cruise control and $1195 security and abs that are included, as well as the chrome and black on the wheels that can't be gotten on the standard bike it actually seems reasonable.

The bronze/black RK is beautiful....

Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #15
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
I like the Artic White with red pinstripe too.

Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote