ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #91
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling
 
1Bonehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Marylanstain
Oddometer: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_saeufer View Post
You can never get a Vermont title for a 250 because only bikes 300cc and up are titled. You get a registration only.
My bad. But I am curious if I can do this for this bike. Get a registration and tag from vermont then switch it over to MD.
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #92
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bonehead View Post
My bad. But I am curious if I can do this for this bike. Get a registration and tag from vermont then switch it over to MD.
Should work... that's what everyone else in this thread is doing
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #93
Ibenhad
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 4
???? Help

Bought 2 Aprilia Scooters out of state. NY won't register them and want me to wait a year. I want to do this Vermont thing but want to be sure I do it right. Do I need a bill of sale that's notarized? On the VT DMV form who signs where it asks for the sellers signature?

I was given the cert of origin by each owner but they never registered them and messed up the back of the documents. Filling in where it was dealer transfer. UGH. I just want to get them registered before summer/fall is gone so I can do some riding.

Thanks.
Ibenhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #94
motomike14
Thumper Crusader
 
motomike14's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 1,653
Vermont requires a bill of sale, and for 300cc or less than 15 year old bikes, you probably are going to have to have a vin verification that is notarized.

I registered a TT500 and RT360 without any hassle. But, they are well beyond 15 years old and I had legitimate bill of sale to use. The worst thing is they will send your application back. Worth a shot.
__________________
"The bold adventurer succeeds the best. - Ovid

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #95
Spitfire151
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 27
Mine arrived today! Woohoo!
Spitfire151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #96
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling
 
1Bonehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Marylanstain
Oddometer: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire151 View Post
Mine arrived today! Woohoo!
What was your turn around time?
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #97
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibenhad View Post
Bought 2 Aprilia Scooters out of state. NY won't register them and want me to wait a year. I want to do this Vermont thing but want to be sure I do it right. Do I need a bill of sale that's notarized? On the VT DMV form who signs where it asks for the sellers signature?

I was given the cert of origin by each owner but they never registered them and messed up the back of the documents. Filling in where it was dealer transfer. UGH. I just want to get them registered before summer/fall is gone so I can do some riding.

Thanks.
From the instructions for the registration application: "The signature of seller is required only for dealer transactions and non-titled vehicles when there is no Bill of Sale." Assuming you bought them in a private sale and have a bill of sale, this doesn't apply to you.

If the scooters are 300cc or more AND less than 15 years old, you need a title or to be able to show a chain of ownership from the MSO (this may be a pain).

If the scooters are 500cc or more but 15+ years old, you need a VIN verification, but not a title.. unless they've been registered in Vermont before, in which case you just need a copy of the last VT registration card.

If the scooters are less than 300cc, regardless of age, you do NOT need a VIN inspection or a title--bikes this small aren't titled even when brand new.

Nothing needs to be notarized for Vermont's DMV.
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #98
Ibenhad
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 4
Well I sent everything I could on Friday. Lets see what happens.

1. Notarized Bill of Sale
2. Picture of VIN with a Notarized stamp
3. All paperwork
4. Copy of the front of the Certificate of Origin

I will keep you posted.

Last ditch effort will be to get new bill of sale and date it to one year ago. In NY I should be able to register after 1 year. I may also try and register as not the owner. That may work.
Ibenhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #99
Spitfire151
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bonehead View Post
What was your turn around time?

About a week and a half.
Spitfire151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #100
W4lnutz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: New Castle IN
Oddometer: 59
now here is an even trickier question so let me start with the back story.


My buddy is building me a frame for a motor that I have titled to a 73 honda cb 750.

Now the current frame that it sits in the frame vin does not match the title vin. AT ALL not even the years are the same cause the vin tag says its a 74

SO..........now here in lies the problem. the frame has no title. My idea is this I can make my own vin tag from the numbers on the title. the question is what metal do I use to make the tag and if that does not work how do i go about getting the frame titled?????????????????????????



I live in INdiana and the frame is coming from the west so what do I do??????????/
W4lnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #101
bikepharmer
Baja is on the way
 
bikepharmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 133
Wonder if this would work for Jeeps?

They seem to have as many lost titles as motorcycles.
__________________
2012 KTM 990 ADV R.
2007 KLX 250S
The man who starts alone can start today.
bikepharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #102
Spitfire151
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lnutz View Post
now here is an even trickier question so let me start with the back story.


My buddy is building me a frame for a motor that I have titled to a 73 honda cb 750.

Now the current frame that it sits in the frame vin does not match the title vin. AT ALL not even the years are the same cause the vin tag says its a 74

SO..........now here in lies the problem. the frame has no title. My idea is this I can make my own vin tag from the numbers on the title. the question is what metal do I use to make the tag and if that does not work how do i go about getting the frame titled?????????????????????????



I live in INdiana and the frame is coming from the west so what do I do??????????/

Check with your DMV (usually their site after some searching) to see if there is a reconstructed vehicle title they can issue you. It is legal and only require a licensed inspector to deem it as such, provided that you can provide that you acquired all parts legally (bill of sale).
Spitfire151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #103
Ibenhad
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 4
Update

So less than a week later I get everything back in the mail and it looks like they want more money. NADA value is much more than my bill of sale. So I will send it back tomorrow with more $$$. Will update as the saga continues. Funny thing is I got pulled over by the po po yesterday and it is a good thing it has a MA reg tag where the plate should be. At least that is good until December.
Ibenhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #104
luniz7
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Aurora, CO
Oddometer: 26
Well I'm at the DMV today. Let's see if I can get a Colorado title for my 78KZ 750.
luniz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #105
luniz7
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Aurora, CO
Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by luniz7 View Post
Well I'm at the DMV today. Let's see if I can get a Colorado title for my 78KZ 750.
Colorado title will arrive at my house in 4-6 weeks. This works people!
luniz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014