ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #51826
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Gotta check out McCain Hill Rd now after seeing that picture.

Riding with Herewego is always fun, even when things don't go as planned.

So, how bad is the wound on the knee?
Merely a flesh wound. The KLR is missing a radiator side cover, need to pick up some small angle brackets. It's a dirt bike now.

It's not a bad road, just a bad rider. Herewego knows it well. I did take him on a road he didn't know about (Tittle Run), one of my favorite roads in Wash Co.
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #51827
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,629
I went to the piratefest at Jackass Flats in Dayton tonight and chased the beer girls around on my KLR.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #51828
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,124
No way could a KLR keep up with a beer girl, even with fake tits and hooker heels, her CG is much lower and her turning radius much tighter. If she's a back door girl with a loose rear, she may turn even faster.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park

mgorman screwed with this post 08-22-2012 at 09:30 PM
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #51829
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
No way could a KLR keep up with a beer girl, even with fake tits and hooker heels, her CG is much lower and her turning radius much tighter.
It was fun scaring them though. I had my chic magnet on the back and they were lovin' all over Indy. One of them asked if the KLR was a BMW....lol

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #51830
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Little Burr Enduro

Little Burr Enduro is this Sunday, August 26, 2012 in McArther, Ohio

I was thinking about maybe doing the sportsman class. Anyone have any info on this?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #51831
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britome View Post
Is anyone headed to the horizons unlimited event in NC from sept 7-9?
I was thinking about it but the LBL200 is that weekend too. :(
Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #51832
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Sure do appreciate the offers but I think I'm going to head that way Friday with a trailer. My wife's family is from the Youngstown area so I'm going to drop her off there on the way and stop back and watch my nephew play in a high school football game.

I mean since I cant get Devil Dog off his lazy ass to pick it up for me

Thanks again.
If I go get it, ima keep it

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #51833
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 327
Hot, dry & dusty

[QUOTE=indypup;19424182]Little Burr Enduro is this Sunday, August 26, 2012 in McArther, Ohio

I was thinking about maybe doing the sportsman class. Anyone have any info on this?[/QUOTE]

Hey Pup! Whut up?

Those guys run a dual sport in mid-October - might be more up your ally. If you like having a light lunch served during your 'enduro' the dual sport might be the ticket. I do believe that club is the longest running enduro club in Ohio and proud of it so I'm guessing that they won't want to be sucking hind tit to Milk Run Enduro (Athens). Don't get me wrong - I've had some fun down there and they will take your money. There is a step between trail riding and riding a (formerly) District 11 enduro so - caveat emptor. It's been so long since I ran enduro, they used to actually make you keep time. . .

I don't know what they do different for the 'sportsman class'. Other than not paying points or trophys. Maybe they just let you start late in the hour so you don't get ram-rodded form behind on the trail by the A-riders.

Besides, call me old-fashioned, but I like Spring and Autumn enduros - it's usually cooler. There should be frost on parking lot before sign-up. Should be low 90's on Sunday. Good Luck!

BOB RAMSAY screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 01:55 PM
BOB RAMSAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #51834
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

[QUOTE=BOB RAMSAY;19428377]
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Little Burr Enduro is this Sunday, August 26, 2012 in McArther, Ohio

I was thinking about maybe doing the sportsman class. Anyone have any info on this?[/QUOTE]

Hey Pup! Whut up?

Those guys run a dual sport in mid-October - might be more up your ally. If you like having a light lunch served during your 'enduro' the dual sport might be the ticket. I do believe that club is the longest running enduro club in Ohio and proud of it so I'm guessing that they won't want to be sucking hind tit to Milk Run Enduro (Athens). Don't get me wrong - I've had some fun down there and they will take your money. There is a step between trail riding and riding a (formerly) District 11 enduro so - caveat emptor. It's been so long since I ran enduro, they used to actually make you keep time. . .

I don't know what they do different for the 'sportsman class'. Other than not paying points or trophys. Maybe they just let you start late in the hour so you don't get ram-rodded form behind on the trail by the A-riders.

Besides, call me old-fashioned, but I like Spring and Autumn enduros - it's usually cooler. There should be frost on parking lot before sign-up. Should be low 90's on Sunday. Good Luck!
Thanks for the response Bob. I talked with Kory (motordirtlover) last weekend at Perry and he mentioned maybe doing this enduro in the sportsman class but he has been doing offroad all his life and I'm just approaching one year now...
The thing I don't like the most is the heat and 90+ degrees will probably keep my away. :(
Old 08-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #51835
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 327
Washington County Road

3. On McCain Hill Rd in Washington Co, there is not a good line on the downhill side of the rocky stairsteps.

A little tape will fix most anything, right? [/QUOTE]

Nice Laceration - you should pack some Bactine. . .

I was just down there recently, south through Fly on SR800, down to New Matamoros on SR7 then NW on SR260 (now that's a road in the middle of nowhere). Can you pinpoint (to some extent) this McCain Hill road a little for me. Or any other 'points of interest'. If not, not to worry. I ride with a Garmin Cx60 so I can't plug in road names.

I'm making a broad assumption that this is a public thoughofare?

Thx -
Old 08-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #51836
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
No way could a KLR keep up with a beer girl, even with fake tits and hooker heels, her CG is much lower and her turning radius much tighter. If she's a back door girl with a loose rear, she may turn even faster.
It doesn't matter 'cause even if we catch one, she'll never fit in the milk crate.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #51837
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
It doesn't matter 'cause even if we catch one, she'll never fit in the milk crate.

Plus I'm not leaving Indy behind...lol

Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #51838
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post

Nice Laceration - you should pack some Bactine. . .

I was just down there recently, south through Fly on SR800, down to New Matamoros on SR7 then NW on SR260 (now that's a road in the middle of nowhere). Can you pinpoint (to some extent) this McCain Hill road a little for me. Or any other 'points of interest'. If not, not to worry. I ride with a Garmin Cx60 so I can't plug in road names.

I'm making a broad assumption that this is a public thoughofare?

Thx -
It's off Dana's Rd/ Bear Run Rd (CR25). If coming from Newport, it's past CR9 to the bottom of the hill and take a left through the creek & up the hill (TR382). Up is better than down, it's really not that hairy, just the line I have used before was washed out/loose yesterday when I came down.
A scary road is Irish Run Rd (TR58). Google doesn't even show it connected anymore, but it is. It does take 3 guys to take a GSA with Tourances up. Not a good "road" to ride alone.
I ride with VistaC and have .gpx tracks of some of these roads, that's likely easier if folks are interested.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #51839
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

I'm missing Colorado right now...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #51840
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,237
Where's indypup?
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote