Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #256
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
As for "500 tests"? Complete B.S. ... nowhere near that number. For example, http://www.usada.org/athlete-test-history

"Never failed a test" is another way of saying "never got caught".

Oh wait, nevermind ... it's just a "witch hunt" ...

This is only the beginning ...
Well, during the season? Before and after each stage, randomly any other time? I'd say that there's no reason 500 could not be achieved in all the years he raced. Before and after each stage....of each stage of the TdF.

By the way: The standard is to pass the test, that's the standard they set - it's not the athletes job to fail the test. Gebus - maybe we should make them all live in plastic boxes where they can only eat and drink what is passed to them by the USADA, whom we can DEPEND on to be honest. Then their pee can go right into the tester every time!

I have to agree that we need to just forget about the entire thing and let 'em dope to the gills if they want to. When they start dropped dead during the races from exploded hearts and such, then it will be self-regulating. We can just enjoy the riding and not have to hear about all this tedious crap.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #257
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,128
I stand with Lance. Everything within me says this is an honest man.

Stand with Lance.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #258
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by santaferider View Post

So that's what you've been up to...

Alright then...

Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #259
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,468
Quote:
It'll all come out one way or another ... I'm not sure why else Johan would step aside and sit out the Tour, or why former teammates would bow out of the Olympics, or why 10 other yet-to-be-named cyclists were willing to testify at the arbitration hearings. And then there were the little matters of a $250k donation to the UCI in the way of blood test equipment, and $450K to a certain Dr. Ferrari ... hmmm ...

As for "500 tests"? Complete B.S. ... nowhere near that number. For example, http://www.usada.org/athlete-test-history

USADA is not the only testing body

He passed all of their tests as well.....

Tygart = butthurt dweller

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #260
Shuffler
Getting a grip...

Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
USADA is not the only testing body

He passed all of their tests as well.....

Tygart = butthurt dweller
Hate to rain on your parade but...

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/the-legend-of-the-500/
KTM 950A | KTM 300XCW | BMW R1100RT
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #261
santaferider
The Argienaut

Oddometer: 56,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
I stand with Lance. Everything within me says this is an honest man.

Stand with Lance.
...and you should, you seem to be on a first name basis with him...

santaferider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #262
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,779

Is this a current picture of Greg Lemond?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #263
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,944
Quote:
It'll all come out one way or another ... I'm not sure why else Johan would step aside and sit out the Tour, or why former teammates would bow out of the Olympics, or why 10 other yet-to-be-named cyclists were willing to testify at the arbitration hearings. And then there were the little matters of a $250k donation to the UCI in the way of blood test equipment, and $450K to a certain Dr. Ferrari ... hmmm ...

Those star witnesses seem to have some timeline issues.

Two quotes from Wiki.

"Hamilton further claimed that Armstrong tested positive for EPO during the 2001 Tour de Suisse; 60 Minutes reported that the Union Cycliste Internationale intervened to conceal those test results, and that donations from Armstrong totaling US$125,000 may have played into said actions."

"However, in July 2010 the president of the UCI, Pat McQuaid, revealed that Armstrong made two donations to the UCI: $25,000 in 2002, used by the juniors anti-doping program, and $100,000 in 2005, to buy a blood testing machine, and documentation of those payments does exist.["

Donations in 2002 and 2005 influenced a decision made in 2001. Fuck man, Lance is like magic and shit.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #264
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Quote:
How many samples per test were tested?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #265
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
This. The USADA is nothing but a kangaroo court that puts on show trials. While they are at it, why don't they nullify every Superbowl Championship and World Series for the last 30 years? After all, those are American events played in the USA by teams of steroid freaks. There's an interesting article in a recent issue of Outside magazine about how the USADA is stripping amateur competitors of wins in little local triathlons and bicycle races because of cold/allergy medicine. Its getting beyond ridiculous. Glad I don't race anymore. Not worth the hassle.
If they came an tested me right now, I'd be doping. I took some sudafed to help clear up this sinus headache I've got going on.

...but when the gran fondo winner gets busted for EPO*, there's rotten apples thru the barrel. Some folks just HAVE to win at any cost. They haven't come to terms with their mediocrity like I have.

I'm of the opinion that LA took every conceivable advantage of the rules he could short of illegality. Does that constitute systematic doping? ...that's my $.02

I also think that the USADA should be concentrating on making sure that younger athletes don't get into a position where its 'use PEDs and win' or 'stay clean and lose.' As much as I dislike Jonathan Vaughters' style of management, I think he's on the right track. I just hope that the successes they've had in the Giro don't start to create that kind of environment. 'We won last year, so we'd better do good this year, we're short of talent/training/whatever so...'

M

FWI read, he won Battenkill a few times too. Using PEDs to do it
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #266
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
Is this a current picture of Greg Lemond?
I snipped the pic for all of us. :eyebleach

This is GL now:

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from him about this yet. He's been a BIG anti-LA crusader for years.

M
Old 08-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #267
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,408
Butthurt parade ... nothing to see here.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #268
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
If they came an tested me right now, I'd be doping. I took some sudafed to help clear up this sinus headache I've got going on.

...but when the gran fondo winner gets busted for EPO*, there's rotten apples thru the barrel. Some folks just HAVE to win at any cost. They haven't come to terms with their mediocrity like I have.

I'm of the opinion that LA took every conceivable advantage of the rules he could short of illegality. Does that constitute systematic doping? ...that's my $.02

I also think that the USADA should be concentrating on making sure that younger athletes don't get into a position where its 'use PEDs and win' or 'stay clean and lose.' As much as I dislike Jonathan Vaughters' style of management, I think he's on the right track. I just hope that the successes they've had in the Giro don't start to create that kind of environment. 'We won last year, so we'd better do good this year, we're short of talent/training/whatever so...'

M

FWI read, he won Battenkill a few times too. Using PEDs to do it
How about a cash based WWE type cycling series?

All on the same bike, shoot up whatever you like.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #269
configurationspace
delooper

Oddometer: 8,600
So how is it that Armstrong was never-give-up on a bicycle, but as soon as things enter real life he folds? Not much of an inspiration.
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #270
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace View Post
So how is it that Armstrong was never-give-up on a bicycle, but as soon as things enter real life he folds? Not much of an inspiration.

He has been investigated and answering charges of doping since 1999. That's 13 years, not "as soon as." I can imagine his frustration of having federal investigators drop a case just to have a cunt with a chip on his shoulder in the USADA charge him.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: