User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #1141
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,065
summer break is almost over.....

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #1142
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,318
Spa is my favorite track L'Eau Rouge what a corner

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #1143
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,882
Red Bull finally 'fess up to their flexible front wing.

Quote:
"Having explored exhaust blowing technology quite heavily for two seasons and then having that taken away together with other changes like the front wing flexibility [test rules], hurt us quite a lot.
Wasn't so long ago Christian Horner was trying to convince us it was the car's incline that made his wing so close to the ground. Christian has a nice, honest face. I guess that makes his lies more believable?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #1144
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
where exactly is the racers I was expecting to see here? work it up everyone, nasa is waiting no hope....
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #1145
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_drz View Post
where exactly is the racers I was expecting to see here? work it up everyone, nasa is waiting no hope....
Right on!

Wait. What?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 08-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #1146
Mike_drz
Banned

rational person wouldn't ride a woman
Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #1147
Mike_drz
Banned

a mess
Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #1148
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,420
Quote:
Quote:
rational person wouldn't ride a woman
Quote:
a mess
I'll have whatever he's drinking.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #1149
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. T. T-W View Post
I'll have whatever he's drinking.

That is exactly why I don't drink

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #1150
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Lotus: Raikkonen can win title

Technical Director backing Finn's push for Championship

Lotus Technical Director James Allison says Kimi Raikkonen can still win the 2012 Drivers' Championship despite trailing Fernando Alonso by 48 points at the mid-season break.
The Finn is embarking on his first year back in the sport after spending two years competing in rallying having had his contract with Ferrari terminated at the end of the 2009 season.
Raikkonen is yet to win since making his return but has consistently shown impressive pace, finishing on the podium four times during the opening 11 rounds of the season.
"Yeah, why not," Allison said when asked if the Finn could still mount a title challenge.
"There is an awful lot of points for coming first and there are a lot of races left to be done. The lead is miniscule compared to the points available.
"And anyone who can string together a run of properly competitive races, without mistakes, is going to prosper and the sort of gaps we have in the Championship at the moment are ever so recoverable for a team that does that.

"That's clearly what we are intending to do, that's clearly what Kimi is intending to do and I think it will be fascinating for anyone who likes this sport to watch the battles that are going to ensue over the second half of the season."
Lotus currently sit third in the Constructors' Championship, just one point behind second-placed McLaren, and Allison admits the team have surpassed their aims for 2012.
"Our official target was fourth," he said. "That is what we set at the start of the year. That is a stiff thing to ask of this team as this is a very difficult sport to prosper in.
"I think we can do better than that, I think it is going to be tight all the way to the end of the year, I think we have the car and we have the drivers to go better than that."
The Enstone-based team are hopeful of maintaining the same driver line-up of Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean next season, something they have not had since 2006 when the then-Renault team paired Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella in back-to-back campaigns.
The paddock has been awash with rumours that Raikkonen could be on the move at the end of the season, but, Allison sees no reason for the Finn to leave and believes the continuity will help the team.
"I sincerely hope so," he said when asked if the 2007 World Champion would stay with Lotus.
"He doesn't give us any reason to think that he is going elsewhere. I think he likes it with us and I think we are giving him competitive equipment and it is a very straightforward working environment for any driver who comes and drives in our team.
"I think one of the reasons I am so excited about the second half of the season is both our drivers have their tails up, both of them are absolutely on song and we have bedded in with them and them with us and we are now making the most I hope of what is a very strong driver line-up.
"It will be important for us to carry that into next year, we won't have to do any of the engineering bedding in to do that we have to do when we have a new driver, if we can have that continuity.
"For the second half of this year it is going to be great. We are all working very nicely together, and if we can carry that through to the following year, which no doubt we will, that will be an advantage for us.""

go KIMI!

Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #1151
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
go KIMI!
I like the "new" Kimi, over the binge drinking, screw it I'm getting ice cream, Scuderia Kimi.

But really am I the only one that remembers he won his one, and probably only, championship by default?

Actually what has been the biggest point deficient that a driver has overcome in the second half and won the WDC?
Dilligaf0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #1152
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
But really am I the only one that remembers he won his one, and probably only, championship by default?
By default? Odd way of putting it. It looked fair and square to me, granted some of his competitors self-destructed down the stretch, but that's why you run the races.

Quote:
Actually what has been the biggest point deficient that a driver has overcome in the second half and won the WDC?
I agree this is an interesting question. I tried to look back through the records, but the point system has changed, the number of races has changed, etc. so it is hard to compare over many years. That being said, overcoming a 48-pt deficit - especially for a car from a 2nd tier team that while showing good consistency has never really shown any dominance - is a very tall order. I'd put Kimi's chances to win the WDC at one in fifty.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #1153
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
I'd put Kimi's chances to win the WDC at one in fifty.
Or as his team boss put it, "Yeah, why not?"

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #1154
g容g
Canadian living in exile

will they or won't they?

Lotus flexible about racing double-DRS

August 24 2012

Lotus is open-minded about whether or not its radical double-DRS will race in the Belgian Grand Prix.
The team was encouraged by early testing of the system that was undertaken by Kimi Raikkonen in Germany and Hungary, and the team is hoping it will be ready for Spa. However, technical director James Allison says the final call will depend on how confident the team is on its running trouble-free – which it probably will not know until both Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean have tested it in practice.

Speaking about the work undertaken at the team's factory during the summer break, Allison said: "A big focus has been getting ready for Monza which is immediately after Spa and requires a unique downforce package.

"It's only one race but it requires a whole new set of wings and a disproportionate amount of work. We've also been focusing on ensuring that we have the capability to run the new device in Spa should we be confident enough to do so."
The Lotus double-DRS is designed to help provide a straight-line speed boost in race conditions – unlike the Mercedes concept that is primarily beneficial in qualifying when the wings are open. Grosjean hopes that the design, plus other upgrades the team are bringing, should help the team in its ambition to win its first grand prix of the season.

"It's going to be good," he said about the weekend. "I hope the upgrades to the car are going to make the difference.
"If we'd had the pace we displayed at Budapest on a more normal track with better places to overtake we could have taken the win. Spa is a more regular circuit with good passing opportunities, so let's see what happens."

Speaking specifically about the double DRS, he added: "If it gives me an advantage I'm certainly looking forward to driving with it! I'm sure it will be a good thing, especially if we have it working well. Hopefully it gives us an advantage and the race win that we want."

Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #1155
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 849
I like that we're all starting to post in here with nothing to do, because we are so anxious for the next race. SPA COULDNT COME ANY SOONER
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote