Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #61
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
I have a set of HDB's set up on my KTM and love them.

My question is I am going to pick up a BMW F800GS next week. I will take off the Bark Busters and replace them with the best guards in my opinion. I ordered heated clothing from Warm and Safe with the dual control, and wonder if it fits the acc holes in the clamp. Has anyone installed them before.

Check out the WR250R/X forum: CLICK HERE
Check out the Pacific NW DualSport Forum: CLICK HERE
KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
YamWOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #62
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred flintstone
Total single track noob here, and relatively new WRR owner...
Been looking at HDB handguards & mirrors. I kind of don't want to get into fat bars yet (keep stockers). Is that stupid or what? If it is not, then can I get a twin powerlet top clamp with the stock bars? Not clear from the order page. Does someone have the measurements for the top clamp handy for the WRR?
Hi AJ,
I didn't see any response to your questions, but maybe some PMed you. If not, I'll answer on the thread in case some else was curious as well. For the WRR, you'll want the regular HDB handguards, not the Ultimate handguards. The Ultimate guards are even bigger and beefier and the regular will be plenty for the WRR (even the regular HDB handguards are way tougher than most handguards on the market).

The top clamp bolt pattern for fatbars is 100mmx40mm. If I recall correctly the top clamp bolt pattern for the stock and/or 7/8" bars was 33mmx100mm. If you want the powerlet top clamp, you have to get fatbars since it is only available in fatbar bolt patterns (100x40mm for the WRR). Keep in mind that Paul can get you the fatbars and tap them for you so they'll be ready to install and it all get shipped together from him. That's is what I did. And realize that fatbars still have 7/8" bar ends, so all your stock controls slip right on.

If you want to read a bit more on the top clamp and regular HDB handguards (not the Ultimate handguards), you can check out the following thread. It just happens to have several different WRR in it as well: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544037

Chadx screwed with this post 01-04-2011 at 09:06 AM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #63
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,218
Just ordered my sets today! Even made in the USA!!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #64
jamesp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
I saw a couple other people ask this already (& I emailed them) but no response so far...

Will these fit a r1100GS? has anyone actually done it?
jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #65
sad_story
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineride View Post
anyone put these on an hp2? Do they come with risers. I've got a steering stabilizer on mine
Anyone every answer this? Any pics available for these mounted on HP2s?
sad_story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #66
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 4,100
Does the discount still apply?

And a bump for what looks to be a great product.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #67
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Best Hand Gaurds PERIOD.

I have crashed three times (good, high-speed dismounts), and the ONE thing I have never had to worry about are HDB Hand Guards mounted to a Fatty Handle bar that came pre-drilled/tapped for the HDB insert.

They are seemingly indestructible, and will be my top clamp / hand guard combo of choice on ANY bike I own in the future if they could fit.

They are just THAT F'ING GOOD.

BEST HAND GUARDS PERIOD.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #68
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Bumping this TTT.

Paul deserves it. I emailed him inquiring if any other colors (like yellow ) were available for the TS Shields besides black or white, because if not, I was going to order a set of white shields, plus extra bolts/nuts to do the job.

Before I even had an email back, I received a shipping notice.
Two days later, a package with shields and extra mounting hardware was in my mailbox.

You can't get better customer service than that.

From now on, ALL my handguard business goes to Paul, and I encourage others to consider his products.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #69
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 464
Couldn't agree more!

I have also had the best customer service in conjunction with the best products made for handguards, top clamp and computer protection, turn-signals; the works. If I ever have to face giving up motorcycles, I'll keep my HDB equipment and mount it on a set of bars in front of me, and continue to relive my glory days in the living room, or in the old folks' home. (Hope that day is loooong ways off.)

I had the misfortune of wandering into a herd of black cattle at night, at speed, on the dirt road in front of my house a couple seasons back

("Full Battle Cattle Rattle)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621710

and the Highway Dirt Bikes handguards saved my bike, and arguably helped me in the crash as well. My KTM 450 XC-W Six Days has over 7,000 rugged miles on it with these handguards, top clamp, computer protector and turn signals front and rear, and they all look like the day I installed them, save for the scratched spoilers from the gravel rash. And the extra spoilers he gave me got my dream bike cosmetics back up to snuff. Not a tweak, pivot on adjustment, bend or nothing, and the finish is still fantastic. BOMBPROOF.

Never met Paul Degarate, but I know he's our kind of guy.

"Malcolm Smith For President?" Absolutely.

...and Paul for "Secretary of Every Damn Thing Else. Period."

Thanks for the good stuff, Paul.

All the best,

Stovey
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #70
Koof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Just placed my order tonight after much discussion with Paul through email. He's a stand up guy.

Now I'm looking forward to bolting 'em on!
Koof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #71
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer: 668
Paul, you back from vacation yet? I have questions!
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #72
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFaller View Post
Paul, you back from vacation yet? I have questions!
Hi SportFaller, I'm back, shoot me a PM if I haven't answered your email yet, still wading through them all.

BTW, yes, the discount code "advrider01" was never turned off and is still good. I'll be backed up for a week or 2 clearing the orders received over vacation, so please be patient.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul screwed with this post 04-05-2012 at 08:30 AM
theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #73
Motoracer428
n00b

Oddometer: 2
can't wait

Ordering a set for my Hypermotard. You should post this thread on your website. Or at least the picture comparison of the guards. Way cool.
Motoracer428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
djb_rh
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
So I bought a 2009 BMW G650X last year from another inmate who had pre-farkled it a little bit, including HDB handguards. It's a yellow bike with a lot of black on it, but it came with the white shields on it. There were black ones in the box of stuff and I kept meaning to swap them, but never got around to it until recently. Then I noticed that for some reason the right black shield had been trimmed across the top, removing a good bit of it. I have no idea why.

Not being a fan of the trimmed one, I decided to order a new set of black shields. $25 shipped seemed reasonable enough and I placed the order and paid via paypal. A few minutes after I placed the order, I got a shipping email followed immediately by a paypal refund email. It was a refund for the ENTIRE PURCHASE PRICE INCLUDING SHIPPING with a note that just said "These are on me this time" or something similar.

WOW. I was blown away. A few days later, a USPS mailer showed up with the guards. I glanced in the package and then threw them aside for the next trip to the shop. A few days later I remembered to take them to the shop and figured I'd do the swap right fast. Nope, not going to happen "right fast" because upon further inspection, these INCLUDED THE LED TURN SIGNALS! I went to the computer to see how much THOSE should have cost, only to find no price listed and availability was "email us." Interesting. But I like extra farkles, so I was happy to have them.

I had a Wunderlich windscreen I needed to install, too, so it worked out that I had everything apart and the turn signal wires exposed for that anyway so I installed them then. The only things I'd change would be to have about 12" more wire to work with (had to extend it myself, but I'm not complaining! Small price to "pay") and the holes wouldn't *quite* line up on the new shields until I drilled the outer one a bit bigger. But again, tiny little things in the grand scheme (I wouldn't even be complaining about those two things had I paid for them). Just things worth mentioning for folks that might be in the same situation later.

All in all, I do really love the product and this level of service is just incredible. Thank you so much, Paul.

--Donnie
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #75
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,350
Paul did some custom clamp work for me last week, the results speak for themselves...

Cant wait to get it all assembled!

thanks again!! Awesome customer service and an all around great guy!!